A change is needed

For quite some time I have been thinking, I need to write a letter to the editor. Full Story
Heaven forbid

Estes Park, CO

#1 Sep 28, 2012
progress and change rear it's ugly head in Estes Park. You have got to be kidding Johanna. This town is as dead as a doornail after 5:00 pm. The Arts Center is a wonderful idea to bring some culture, fun and oh my...life to this retirement community.
ol geezer

Denver, CO

#2 Sep 29, 2012
Heaven forbid wrote:
progress and change rear it's ugly head in Estes Park. You have got to be kidding Johanna. This town is as dead as a doornail after 5:00 pm. The Arts Center is a wonderful idea to bring some culture, fun and oh my...life to this retirement community.
Has it ever occured to you that those of us who are retired in this wonderful little community like it just the way it is? May be it's you who can't adjust to the Peaceful Life who needs to move to the big city with all it's noise and population explosion. And take the Performing Arts with you. Yea Joanna Darden!
ol geezer

Denver, CO

#3 Sep 29, 2012
SOPA and all others involved just don't get it. You've failed twice in your adventure to bring something to Estes Park that isn't needed, or for that matter, wanted. Oh, it is? Says who? Why don't you take a public opinion poll of Estes residents only? Oh, I forgot! It doesn't matter what the public wants, it's what big money and special interest groups want. And how many of the special interest groups(SOPA, etc.)are full time residents here? How many actually live here? We will probably never know will we!
TRVTH

Loveland, CO

#4 Sep 29, 2012
SS Pork is a real liberal, progressive community.

You can do, pretty much, anything you want --- as long as it's Redneck Nazi.
Hell

Estes Park, CO

#5 Oct 1, 2012
ol geezer wrote:
<quoted text>
Has it ever occured to you that those of us who are retired in this wonderful little community like it just the way it is? May be it's you who can't adjust to the Peaceful Life who needs to move to the big city with all it's noise and population explosion. And take the Performing Arts with you. Yea Joanna Darden!
Has it ever occured to you that old retired geezers arent the only ones that live in this wonderful little community? Do you really expect and feel that there should never be any change in this town? This town wasn't founded to be a retirement community, maybe you should move down to God's waiting room in Florida with the rest of the old geezers. You guys can all sit around and comment on how great it is that nothing has changed including the weather and life will be the exact same every single day until you die. Boo old geezer and blowhard Darden
Tired of tee shirts

Estes Park, CO

#6 Oct 1, 2012
While the proposed Park Theater project is indeed massive, the Town should support it. Estes Park will survive in the future by catering to middle class flat landers who only have money to buy tee shirts and to stuff themselves and their fat kids with junk food. However, who wants to see only these people wattling around ten years from now? If a theater project went through we could have concerts that would bring in a higher class of people with some money. We could then encourage businesses to come to Elkhorn Ave that actually have something of quality to sell. Maybe even get a decent restaurant in town, who knows. The same old dumb people in town complain about anything new. Maybe they should leave!!
Tea Baggers Stink

Estes Park, CO

#7 Oct 1, 2012
Pat Newsome represents a typical tea bagger who is easily brain washed into thinking that only the Republican way is suitable for the US. They refuse to remember that Bush was in office 8 years leading up to the collapse of the banking system. Pat would starve to death if the feds hadn't stabilized the banks and her 401k disappeared. Who lied about the need to go to war in Iraq?? Who started two wars and didn't put their cost in the budget? Who signed the drug plan for medicare without putting it in the budget? Republicans and tea baggers stink. Romney will rob them even more than Bush did and they'll love it. Too stupid and too narrow minded to know the difference. Thankfully, Romney will lose and the tea baggers will be even madder.
Yes

Estes Park, CO

#8 Oct 1, 2012
Tea Baggers Stink wrote:
Pat Newsome represents a typical tea bagger who is easily brain washed into thinking that only the Republican way is suitable for the US. They refuse to remember that Bush was in office 8 years leading up to the collapse of the banking system. Pat would starve to death if the feds hadn't stabilized the banks and her 401k disappeared. Who lied about the need to go to war in Iraq?? Who started two wars and didn't put their cost in the budget? Who signed the drug plan for medicare without putting it in the budget? Republicans and tea baggers stink. Romney will rob them even more than Bush did and they'll love it. Too stupid and too narrow minded to know the difference. Thankfully, Romney will lose and the tea baggers will be even madder.
It is hilarious that they can be tricked into voting against their own interest. Although most of them have never read anything except a bible so its easy to see why they are lacking in intelligence in terms of a normal person. You could also throw in their racist, sexist and all around backwards views as points that they stink. Lets get big gov out of our lives, except when big gov furthers our racist and religous agendas. Oh the teabaggers aren't racist they are patriots. Ha ya, how about the suppression of black voters, suppression of womens rights to choose what is best for their health, civil rights for gays/lesbians and the list could go on...
ol Geezer

Denver, CO

#9 Oct 1, 2012
Hell wrote:
<quoted text>
Has it ever occured to you that old retired geezers arent the only ones that live in this wonderful little community? Do you really expect and feel that there should never be any change in this town? This town wasn't founded to be a retirement community, maybe you should move down to God's waiting room in Florida with the rest of the old geezers. You guys can all sit around and comment on how great it is that nothing has changed including the weather and life will be the exact same every single day until you die. Boo old geezer and blowhard Darden
Has it ever occured to you that your kind, whichever it may be and I would hate to speculate, aren't the only ones who live in this wonderful little community? And who are you to declare that this town wasn't founded to be a retirement community? Works both ways doesn't it! Why is change so important to you? You are probably the type that gripes and complains everyday about something. Grow up and face the real world. Many of us have and we're damned happy with it. You don't like the way things are become a politician and help screw everything up!
Here is the deal

United States

#10 Oct 2, 2012
This proposal is just a bad proposal, whether or not "old folks" support it or attack it. Along with age comes wisdom, and the "old folks" have been around long enough to know that, once again, they are being taken to the cleaners by a bunch of "dumb folks". Why do the dumbest people in town always end up being in charge of critical pieces of real estate and decision making? The same group trying to destroy the Elkhorn Lodge just shifted there efforts over to the Park Place Mall. That is all this is. A center for arts could work in this town if the proper people were in charge, but so far, the wrong people have always been in charge. It doesn't take a perfume manufacturer to be able to smell shit, and this whole thing reeks of shit.
Look

Estes Park, CO

#11 Oct 2, 2012
ol Geezer wrote:
<quoted text>
Has it ever occured to you that your kind, whichever it may be and I would hate to speculate, aren't the only ones who live in this wonderful little community? And who are you to declare that this town wasn't founded to be a retirement community? Works both ways doesn't it! Why is change so important to you? You are probably the type that gripes and complains everyday about something. Grow up and face the real world. Many of us have and we're damned happy with it. You don't like the way things are become a politician and help screw everything up!
Trust me that I am well aware of the fact that unfotunetly I'm not the only "kind of person" that lives in this town. However, any time anything is proposed besides building another senior center all the "old geezers" of this town want to shoot it down. They always have the same claim of well its not needed so lets not ever do anything that may change. This town just wasn't founded to be a retirement community, go look up the history of this town and you will realize it. It wasn't always as easy as getting in your Buick Le Sabre and driving up a nicely paved state highway to get here. Just saying that this town wasn't founded to be a retirement community. When it was discovered that it is very easy to make money off retired folks thats when the influx started happening. My family has been in this town for multiple generations and I can tell you that it hasn't always been this way. That being said I feel like there are ways for people to compromise. I don't want to pay for additions to the hospital for old geezers that I never use and you don't want to pay for community centers for familys to use. Thats fine but at least meet somewhere in the middle. At least acknowledge that there are different demographics of people living here and we should all try to form some sort of compromise on things.
Did you notice

Estes Park, CO

#12 Oct 2, 2012
Tea Baggers Stink wrote:
that in Pat's opening sentence to the editor the word "I" was mentioned 4 time in just one sentence...I think that says it all. It's all about her.
ol geezer

Denver, CO

#13 Oct 2, 2012
Look wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me that I am well aware of the fact that unfotunetly I'm not the only "kind of person" that lives in this town. However, any time anything is proposed besides building another senior center all the "old geezers" of this town want to shoot it down. They always have the same claim of well its not needed so lets not ever do anything that may change. This town just wasn't founded to be a retirement community, go look up the history of this town and you will realize it. It wasn't always as easy as getting in your Buick Le Sabre and driving up a nicely paved state highway to get here. Just saying that this town wasn't founded to be a retirement community. When it was discovered that it is very easy to make money off retired folks thats when the influx started happening. My family has been in this town for multiple generations and I can tell you that it hasn't always been this way. That being said I feel like there are ways for people to compromise. I don't want to pay for additions to the hospital for old geezers that I never use and you don't want to pay for community centers for familys to use. Thats fine but at least meet somewhere in the middle. At least acknowledge that there are different demographics of people living here and we should all try to form some sort of compromise on things.
You have a very valid point, and the key word is compromise. Let's not ruin this town for the advancement of the money mongers. We definitely need to meet in the middle. And I never drove a Buick LEsabre. It was an Electra 225. Have a great day!
TRVTH

Loveland, CO

#14 Oct 20, 2012
A condition known as Middle-American Myopia has now been found to be the leading cause of blindness in SS Pork, many of it's victims slowly dying of sheer boredom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marijuana fest meant to educate, enlighten (May '10) 2 hr big budz in kona 3
Review: Western Wear Gallardo Dec 4 MichelleG20 1
November is national home care and hospice month Nov '14 Calvin James 1
Man rescued from Colorado department store's walls Nov '14 DILF 7
Review: T V Service Center Oct '14 bill Brennan 4
Learn to be a ham radio operator (Nov '13) Sep '14 HAM 12345 2
Review: Pati's Hair Care-Best Little Hair House... Aug '14 Pamela Mead Krull 1

Winter Storm Warning for Larimer County was issued at December 20 at 10:12AM MST

Estes Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Estes Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Estes Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Estes Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:32 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:32AM