Community healing and a forward vision

Community healing and a forward vision

There are 5 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from Nov 29, 2013, titled Community healing and a forward vision. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

Each of us has had a different, equally challenging response to the flood, clean up and aftermath.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

crazy letters

Estes Park, CO

#1 Nov 29, 2013
Is the Trail Gazette a great paper? No! Why do they keep accepting letters such as the three above that deal with typical local crazies? Letter #1 from a typical racist references an opinion poll from the Heritage Foundation regarding Obama Care. Of course this far right wing organization where all the ex-Gingrich clan retire wages a campaign against anything not right wing. I wonder if these rich thieves would be willing to help someone with a serious illness who does not have insurance? Of course not, they prefer to exploit their forever Medicare subsidized by many young tax payers who don't have insurance. And of course, there is monthly letter from our favorite lunatic Sylvia Vrabek who rants about how great things used to be before slavery was ended. The Trail Gazette does not serve the public well by publishing these openly biased letters from crazy old people. What must visitors think who read this junk and convince themselves that EP is a great place to visit in summer, but they wouldn't want to live here.
I believe

Estes Park, CO

#2 Nov 30, 2013
the main reason the Pilgrims left England (or did they leave from Holland) was to pursue religious freedom.
Why

Estes Park, CO

#3 Nov 30, 2013
crazy letters wrote:
Is the Trail Gazette a great paper? No! Why do they keep accepting letters such as the three above that deal with typical local crazies? Letter #1 from a typical racist references an opinion poll from the Heritage Foundation regarding Obama Care. Of course this far right wing organization where all the ex-Gingrich clan retire wages a campaign against anything not right wing. I wonder if these rich thieves would be willing to help someone with a serious illness who does not have insurance? Of course not, they prefer to exploit their forever Medicare subsidized by many young tax payers who don't have insurance. And of course, there is monthly letter from our favorite lunatic Sylvia Vrabek who rants about how great things used to be before slavery was ended. The Trail Gazette does not serve the public well by publishing these openly biased letters from crazy old people. What must visitors think who read this junk and convince themselves that EP is a great place to visit in summer, but they wouldn't want to live here.
are you so angry about two letters to the editor that discuss the great feats of past and present human beings and their causes. Wow, how horrible that one letter challenges us to be the best we can be which I find very empowering. The other letter regarding the Pilgrims was a lesson in tenacity in the human and Godly spirit. How on earth is this right winged? Now the letter regarding Todd Jirsa is, in my mind, wrong and way out there but these folks have a right to voice their opinion. Your anger will be your undoing.
I believe 2

United States

#4 Dec 2, 2013
I believe wrote:
the main reason the Pilgrims left England (or did they leave from Holland) was to pursue religious freedom.
Yes!! And when they got established, the Puritans (i.e., the 'Pilgrims") were as dogmatic and as authoritarian as they come! In America, there was religious freedom as long as you were a Puritan! And they shunned and passed laws against any who practiced Christianity differently - just as the Church of England had persecuted them.

It took the cleansing of Puritan governments and the establishment of a more SECULAR government before were others allowed to practice their 'flavor' of Christianity openly - the heathen Lutherans, the papist Catholics and the Episcopalians (Church of England-lite).

As a descendant of the settlers of New England, it pains me to no end to read letters by crack-pots like Vrabec and her ilk pay romantic homage to the days of old while they conveniently take a snippet here and there and distort history. Those were hard times, people died trying to create farm and pasture land out of the New England wilderness. More babies died per family than children raised to adulthood. And not everyone was a church attending Puritan!

Arrgghh! Sylvia, you ancient bat - please, walk toward the light......walk toward the light........
Estes Park Resident

Denver, CO

#5 Dec 5, 2013
It is unfortunate that so much air time is given to folks that believe yesteryear should define tomorrow.Sylvia spews this thought with reckless abandon, complete lack of inhibition or restraint. Unfortunately their is a loud contingent whose future is dim and misrepresents the past.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Longmont Thu Jennifer 10
News Longmont council to ponder backing state museum... Aug 22 rogerco 1
Review: Peak To Peak Periodontics Inc - R Todd ... (Mar '11) Aug 11 Rob 5
8/05/2016 Aug 4 katybirdhudson 1
News Go NoCo projects could be threatened as financi... Jul '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News Berthoud Police investigate apparent suicide (Jul '10) Jun '16 concerned friend 17
News Sky's the limit for solar in Colorado Mar '16 Solarman 1

Estes Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Estes Park Mortgages