Colorado plans to open Trail Ridge Road through tourist season

Rocky Mountain National Park District Ranger Mark McCutcheon advises visitors on how to get to Estes Park on Wednesday afternoon, Oct. Full Story
The public

Fort Collins, CO

#1 Oct 11, 2013
should not and can not be kept off their own lands!! The NPS does NOT have the authority to CLOSE the park. The authoritarian b@st@rds think that without them there to "protect" the park from the public that it will be destroyed and abused. Funny - the park doesn't suffer from lack of protection when there are none on patrol for 1/4 to 1/2 days during the year (ever see or hear of a ranger patrolling midnight to dawn during the summer? Or between 8 pm to 8 am during the off season?) But let an urban leaf or elk peeper in now? Horrors, the place will be destroyed before the week is out!! Bureaucratic idiots.....
romo

Estes Park, CO

#2 Oct 11, 2013
Dear "The Public", you are an idiot.
Know who to call

Estes Park, CO

#3 Oct 11, 2013
This can be all handled easily if some of the local Tea Baggers contact their friend Ted Cruz. Being from Cuba and living off of the govt-funded benefits he has accrued, I'm sure he'll give a speech to open the park. Bill is on him.
The public

Fort Collins, CO

#4 Oct 12, 2013
wuill now be allowed in THEIR park again, not by a change of law, but because the secretary of the Interior has decided that as long as Colorado pays, she'll "let" the public back. Like I said earlier, it's not a law that give them any authority to exclude us, its political policy, and the local clowns who MANAGE the park for us take that political policy and turn it into authoritarian doctrine. It's not that they had the "right", it's that they had the power. They are the guys with the guns, after all.
Coffee in public

Fort Collins, CO

#5 Oct 12, 2013
corrections:

"will now" - not wuill now;
"that gives them" - missed the plural, sorry - need more coffee and proofing before posting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
November is national home care and hospice month Nov 14 Calvin James 1
Man rescued from Colorado department store's walls Nov 13 DILF 7
Review: T V Service Center Oct '14 bill Brennan 4
Boulder researcher: 2013's flood-triggering rai... Oct '14 Boulder Jeep Fan 1
Review: Affordable Dentures - Walter E Schneide... (Feb '11) Sep '14 Lee 25
Learn to be a ham radio operator (Nov '13) Sep '14 HAM 12345 2
Review: Pati's Hair Care-Best Little Hair House... Aug '14 Pamela Mead Krull 1

Winter Storm Watch for Larimer County was issued at November 21 at 4:06AM MST

Estes Park Dating
Find my Match