Meeting to discuss nuisance bears at Estes Park Town Hall at 6 p.m. Thursday

Community members are encouraged to attend a public meeting, hosted by the town of Estes Park, seeking solutions to the dumpster-diving bear problem -- other than exterminating the animals -- on Thursday, Aug. Full Story
RkyMtnMomma

Loveland, CO

#1 Aug 8, 2012
I wish there was a way to make this a mandatory meeting for all residents, at least all business owners.
I wish there was a way

La Junta, CO

#2 Aug 8, 2012
to have meetings about things that actually matter, likely poverty, gun control, fire mitigation, senior abuse, etc. Instead, Estes Park comes to a standstill over a nonissue.
REALLY

Drake, CO

#3 Aug 10, 2012
A non-issue... Hmmm, seems to me like perserving wildlife and educating otherwise uneducated people about interacting with wildlife is a pretty good issue. I'm all for taking away everyone's guns, poverty and senior abuse but that IS a non-issue in this town. Maybe not in redneck sh*t hole Las Animas...
JVSTICE

Westcliffe, CO

#4 Aug 14, 2012
Las Animas, turdface, is probably the most progressive community in the U.S. of A. At least we don't treat our minority populations like fourth-class citizens. Meanwhile, Estes Park is most concerned about how to properly treat the bears. How about not worrying about something that impacts 0.001% of the population, and instead worrying about your neighbors, the humans, and whether they might need a little help and tenderness. Instead, everyone will have to put in industrial-strength monstrosities and disfigure the view because of a few bleeding heart animal loves. What's next - Camel-proof sprinklers? Mandatory lion-proof protective vests for cats and dogs. I love unicorns. Please make all the home owners pay gobs of money to protect the unicorns from hurting their hoof as they jump over rainbows.
If by

Drake, CO

#5 Aug 15, 2012
progressive you mean sex change capital of the world then yes you are very progressive. How does EP treat its minority citizens like "4th class" citizens? Is it because they dont let them strew trash all over their yards for wildlife to eat? It's pretty simple to keep wildlife out of your garbage and doesnt require "gobs of money". It requires you to not be lazy and be responsible and cognizant of what it takes to live in a place with wildlife like we have. The business owners and wealthy citizens are just as responsible as the rest. Not sure how this argument got turned into an attack on the lower class. Its pretty simple, keep your trash contained so that animals cant get into it or GTFO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
November is national home care and hospice month Nov 14 Calvin James 1
Man rescued from Colorado department store's walls Nov 13 DILF 7
Review: T V Service Center Oct '14 bill Brennan 4
Boulder researcher: 2013's flood-triggering rai... Oct '14 Boulder Jeep Fan 1
Review: Affordable Dentures - Walter E Schneide... (Feb '11) Sep '14 Lee 25
Learn to be a ham radio operator (Nov '13) Sep '14 HAM 12345 2
Review: Pati's Hair Care-Best Little Hair House... Aug '14 Pamela Mead Krull 1

Winter Storm Warning for Larimer County was issued at November 22 at 4:03PM MST

Estes Park Dating
Find my Match