Local education takes a hit at the polls

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

First, voters statewide soundly defeated Amendment 66. Although its passage would have guaranteed that the Estes Park School District would receive about $1.1 million annually, there wasn't a snow flake's chance in Bermuda that this was going to happen.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Nov 9, 2013
Send them all to Lyons

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

I'm sure they could get a great education there, once the folks have time to afford a hamburger
I think

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

you will see more community support now that the school board has changed (the Christie Adams scandal must be taken care of first, not by the board but by voters and taxpayers re: a recall). A new superintendent will be chosen by the people of Estes Park to put the cherry on the ice cream cone. No more of this internal hiring/good old boy stuff.
The people of Estes Park are very generous to causes that are tried and true. This has not been the case in this school district for well over a decade. Is that a light I am seeing at the end of the tunnel?

Since: Aug 13

Colleyville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

It was a good day for students! How can any legislative body ask parents and citizens to support a BILLION DOLLAR DEBT that will ultimately fall on the backs of the kids when they graduate?! It's the students that will ultimately pay for this boondoggle. It's the students that will be responsible for paying a debt that really would have no effect on the education of students but more for the administrative body of the state's education system. With all of the horrible results of this past election, all over this country, I look at Colorado's results and I breathe a sigh of relief that there are people somewhere in this country that aren't just brain dead to what debt means and will do to this country, our states and our local municipalities. I cheered Colorado for this decision and I cheered for the kids who were the real winners in all of this. School districts and state legislators and administrators of these districts MUST make cuts - and there are places to make these cuts in the budgets! Enough is enough. Bravo, Colorado! Bravo!
Sabercat 48

Fort Morgan, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

I am quite confident that the local newspaper (Trail Gazette)will continue to look into the Adams scandal) but we need to stay focused on giving our most valuable commodity the very best education possible.
I think wrote:
you will see more community support now that the school board has changed (the Christie Adams scandal must be taken care of first, not by the board but by voters and taxpayers re: a recall). A new superintendent will be chosen by the people of Estes Park to put the cherry on the ice cream cone. No more of this internal hiring/good old boy stuff.
The people of Estes Park are very generous to causes that are tried and true. This has not been the case in this school district for well over a decade. Is that a light I am seeing at the end of the tunnel?
Just a mindless

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Send them all to Lyons wrote:
I'm sure they could get a great education there, once the folks have time to afford a hamburger
Jerk as usual, why make such a mean stupid comment.
HARD TO EXPLAIN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

to students when they find their programs cut. The teachers in the classroom cannot do any more with less. So sad for our kids!
Eat a hamburger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Send them all to Lyons wrote:
Eat a hamburger should move to Lyons. No wait! The people I know in Lyons wouldn't appreciate his negativity. How dismissive of those who educate EP students!
Umm idiots

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

If you would read the article, you would notice how the school is complaining because people in Estes Park wouldn't cough up the cost of a hamburger to pay for the kids' education. I think the initial comment was sarcastic, and not a slam on Lyons, but rather on Estes Park, because, if you think long and hard about it, Lyons is hurting a lot more than Estes Park, and Estes Park is whining about how the populace isn't like a bunch of sheep coughing up millions of dollars when they hold out their hand. Grow up and learn how to read, dolt bolters, or are you the product of that wonderfullly expensive but tragically useless EP education?
What Fun

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Umm idiots wrote:
If you would read the article, you would notice how the school is complaining because people in Estes Park wouldn't cough up the cost of a hamburger to pay for the kids' education. I think the initial comment was sarcastic, and not a slam on Lyons, but rather on Estes Park, because, if you think long and hard about it, Lyons is hurting a lot more than Estes Park, and Estes Park is whining about how the populace isn't like a bunch of sheep coughing up millions of dollars when they hold out their hand. Grow up and learn how to read, dolt bolters, or are you the product of that wonderfullly expensive but tragically useless EP education?
You should move too.
Exactly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Exactly wrote:
What?
What?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Estes Park Discussions

Search the Estes Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Wed GreeleyGrizzler 286
Longmont police: Parental-kidnapping suspect ar... Jul 17 We hate fort collins CO 2
Franklin County Sheriff Dane Anthony completes ... (May '10) Jul 4 anonymous 7
Farmers' Market back in Estes Park for the summer Jun '14 Walt Hester Caint Spell 1
Review: Allegiant Electric Jun '14 Jennifer Logan 1
Estes Park looking to get well after floods Jun '14 Confucius 1
Review: Bizzy B'S Recycling & Salvage May '14 foe 1
•••
•••
•••
Estes Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Estes Park Jobs

•••