Estes needs to use its fiber

Estes needs to use its fiber

There are 4 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from May 31, 2013, titled Estes needs to use its fiber. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

Editor's note: Part six in a series. The Estes Park Trail-Gazette is interviewing town leaders regarding priority issues impacting the town's future.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

Do not worry

Estes Park, CO

#1 Jun 3, 2013
the Mexicans are also draining our schools.
"Our town also has a Community Services fund which is a source of town assistance to various community organizations providing cultural and human services. This fund is large and unusual for a community of our size. Usually these are dollars in most communities raised by private charitable efforts, like a United Fund for instance".
Money goes to teach them English rather than to the families who are legal and pay taxes and are entitled to have a free and appropriate education for our legal children. Just like town service are being cut or legal residents the schools cater to illegals who usually amount to nothing and drop out by 9th grade to have anchor babies. Think I'm wrong...look at the statistics.
That is why

Estes Park, CO

#2 Jun 4, 2013
Do not worry wrote:
the Mexicans are also draining our schools.
"Our town also has a Community Services fund which is a source of town assistance to various community organizations providing cultural and human services. This fund is large and unusual for a community of our size. Usually these are dollars in most communities raised by private charitable efforts, like a United Fund for instance".
Money goes to teach them English rather than to the families who are legal and pay taxes and are entitled to have a free and appropriate education for our legal children. Just like town service are being cut or legal residents the schools cater to illegals who usually amount to nothing and drop out by 9th grade to have anchor babies. Think I'm wrong...look at the statistics.
I do not drop a dime into Estes Park businesses or refer them to my friends. I'm not sure there is anywhere anymore in this once great USA that you can escape the infestation of illegal aliens.
William Cobb

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Jun 5, 2013
Estes Park has an opportunity to become a conference destination location. I am not saying CONVENTION location, but rather be the ideal destination for retreats, Corporate planning sessions, away from the maddening crowds and the distractions of the resort locations. Make some updates to the Stanley Hotel, add another one or two technologically linked conference facilities, and you have a great place to sequester a senior team of business professionals for training and development.
Finally

Estes Park, CO

#4 Jun 5, 2013
Someone who recognizes what the town gov't is, and is not, responsible for! And as to the comment of free education for the kids from Do Not Worry... The schools are paid for with taxes, so it is not free. By your thinking, it is ok for me to pay for your kids ( I don't have any ) so I am being forced to "give" everyone else's kids an education. You said the magic word-entitled-cuts both ways friend

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is Longmont a good place to move (Nov '10) Apr 25 Alexei 15
News Sky's the limit for solar in Colorado Mar '16 Solarman 1
News Five Northern Colorado Cities are Among the Sta... Mar '16 Elizabeth 1
jimi hendrix experience 800 billion years later... Mar '16 carl niemann africa 1
LOCAL Writer: Dear Empaths, You Are Energy Alch... Feb '16 libraday 1
News Judge: Airplane noise plaintiffs owe Mile-Hi $48K (Jul '15) Feb '16 Voiceofreason2 2
Need Information Feb '16 Lark 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Estes Park Mortgages