Mayor hears of Estes Park parking woes P at coffee chat

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

Wading right into the fray of the new year, mayor Bill Pinkham asked residents at his first monthly coffee chat of 2013 what one issue they would like to see the town board address this 12 monthsi.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2013
Tony is right

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

but where would such a parking lot be built to serve the downtown visitors and their cars? Was that discussed and/or just not reported in this fine piece of journalism:-(
For Pete Sake

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Let's break this down. First of all the title of the article makes no sense..."Mayor hears of Estes Park Parking Woes P (what does that mean?).
First paragraph...this 12 monthsi?
Second paragraph after two tossed random sentences Convention and Vistors Burreau?????
Third paragraph...Paia?????????? said...Is that like Paglia and no quotation marks when quoting Paia/Paglia.
This chick has got to go.
Tom Street

Grapeland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Putting the new parking at the visitor's center will encourage people to get out of their cars and take a lovely short walk to the River walk area thus reducing the number of cars that actually drive through town wandering around looking for parking places. If anything, it would be useful if the number of parking spaces downtown were reduced. Once people got this message, they would more likely go ahead and park at the visitor's center or the fairgrounds. Both of these locations have a shuttle in the summer in order to get downtown and other locations in RMNP.
Tom Alley

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Hey Tom - Why not propose this to every community in America? Why does Estes Park has to be the test case? They will take my downtown parking away from me when they pry my cold dead car from the lot.
tstreet

Grapeland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Tom Alley
Good idea. Why not. However EP is not like most communities in America in that it is has a highly concentrated shopping area for tourists that simply cannot accommodate any more auto traffic and people are parking in outlying areas already.
talley

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Tom Street or tstreet or whatever pretend name you use. Estes Park is just exactly like every place in America that has limited parking, except that Estes Park doesn't charge for parking, thus discouraging people who really don't need to be parking where they are parking. Install meters and see how fast people find other places to park. If you were on the transportation visioning committee, you didn't accomplish much. Maybe they should find smarter people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Estes Park Discussions

Search the Estes Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr GreeleyGrizzler 286
Longmont police: Parental-kidnapping suspect ar... Jul 17 We hate fort collins CO 2
Franklin County Sheriff Dane Anthony completes ... (May '10) Jul 4 anonymous 7
Farmers' Market back in Estes Park for the summer Jun '14 Walt Hester Caint Spell 1
Review: Allegiant Electric Jun '14 Jennifer Logan 1
Estes Park looking to get well after floods Jun '14 Confucius 1
Review: Bizzy B'S Recycling & Salvage May '14 foe 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Estes Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••