The 'Best of Estes'

I would like to extend a special thank you to all of our readers who participated in our recent "Best of Estes" contest by voting for your favorite in each category. Full Story
And that

Estes Park, CO

#1 Jul 5, 2013
phone call you cited surprised you Mark? The residents of this town are house devils and street angels. "Shut up and listen". That should be our town motto from the school board to the town govt.
I voted in the Best of Estes and thought it was a great idea. The businesses that won for the most part are the Best of Estes. Good job in allowing the citizens to vote and welcome transparency rather than someone always telling us what to do.
Mark Who

Estes Park, CO

#2 Jul 5, 2013
What transparency? Transparency would be turning the votes over to an independent auditing firm, and making sure no one voted more than once.

Otherwise, this claim of transparency is just a bunch of self-righteous mendacity.

Mark is a criminal with a criminal past. Go away and take your bucket of lies with you.
Confused

Estes Park, CO

#3 Jul 5, 2013
Mark Who wrote:
What transparency? Transparency would be turning the votes over to an independent auditing firm, and making sure no one voted more than once.
Otherwise, this claim of transparency is just a bunch of self-righteous mendacity.
Mark is a criminal with a criminal past. Go away and take your bucket of lies with you.
You say "Mark who" then say that Mark has "a criminal past". Back up your statement with facts if our TG editor has a criminal past. You must be the one who called him and said "shut up and listen". Can't shut this guy up and your intimidation tactics won"t work. Anger management classes are through many helpful clinics in this town...pick one.
Pick two

Estes Park, CO

#4 Jul 5, 2013
How about we make the process transparent by listing the names and addresses of the 600 or so people who "voted". Even if this number was 600 separate individuals, it represents, what, 10% of the permanent population?

What nonsense. Mark the criminal should stop pimping and check himself into rehap.
back up

Estes Park, CO

#5 Jul 5, 2013
Pick two wrote:
How about we make the process transparent by listing the names and addresses of the 600 or so people who "voted". Even if this number was 600 separate individuals, it represents, what, 10% of the permanent population?
What nonsense. Mark the criminal should stop pimping and check himself into rehap.
your allegations against Mark. Words are cheap.
Who is Mark

Estes Park, CO

#6 Jul 5, 2013
Open up the voting box and let someone independently examine it.

I'm sure that these votes were all saved for future perusal.

Oh, wait, what's that, you threw them away?

Who the Fark is Mark?

Dear Mark whoever you are - Please take your criminal background to another state. We are tired of your pimp lying and your insufferable rape of our town.

Could you please include a category next year or next week or whenever you plan to repillage the community for "Best Newspaper".

That will be funny when you finish third out of two.
Worst of Mark

United States

#7 Jul 5, 2013
I had this guy in home room and he was always running these contests for most popular teacher and it was always his dad.

He stuffed his underwear and he stuffed the ballot box. And then became all sanctimonious and claimed it was all legit. The denials were part of the exercise.

Ho hum. Next childish promotion?
Still

Estes Park, CO

#8 Jul 6, 2013
Who is Mark wrote:
Open up the voting box and let someone independently examine it.
I'm sure that these votes were all saved for future perusal.
Oh, wait, what's that, you threw them away?
Who the Fark is Mark?
Dear Mark whoever you are - Please take your criminal background to another state. We are tired of your pimp lying and your insufferable rape of our town.
Could you please include a category next year or next week or whenever you plan to repillage the community for "Best Newspaper".
That will be funny when you finish third out of two.
bitter about not winning homecoming king aren't you? Shed those childhood scars and be happy for the businesses that won. Maybe you should take a look at them to improve your business that didn't win.
The voting

Estes Park, CO

#9 Jul 6, 2013
Pick two wrote:
How about we make the process transparent by listing the names and addresses of the 600 or so people who "voted". Even if this number was 600 separate individuals, it represents, what, 10% of the permanent population?
What nonsense. Mark the criminal should stop pimping and check himself into rehap.
was open to the entire community. If they didn't take the time to vote that's not the winners problem...that's how most elections are run. Looking at the list of receipients these restaurants and businesses would have won anyway. They have integrity which a few shop owners I know do not.
Give it up

Estes Park, CO

#10 Jul 6, 2013
The voting was neither transparent nor legitimate.

No one gives a &&&& about the results except those approached
to advertise their hollow victory.

The very least Mark could have done was list how many votes
each organization got - are we talking 2 or 3 total votes for
some of the less well-known categories?

Just because you won doesn't make it legitimate, or give you the
authority to call it legitimate - Ask Stalin about legitimate voting.

Mark has lost all respect in this town by claiming there was nothing
fishy about the votes, when it was clear the whole thing was fixed
from the beginning. In fact, he is so yellow he doesn't even get to keep his given name. String him up like the old days. Ex con, still con, long gone.
I do not

Estes Park, CO

#11 Jul 7, 2013
Give it up wrote:
The voting was neither transparent nor legitimate.
No one gives a &&&& about the results except those approached
to advertise their hollow victory.
The very least Mark could have done was list how many votes
each organization got - are we talking 2 or 3 total votes for
some of the less well-known categories?
Just because you won doesn't make it legitimate, or give you the
authority to call it legitimate - Ask Stalin about legitimate voting.
Mark has lost all respect in this town by claiming there was nothing
fishy about the votes, when it was clear the whole thing was fixed
from the beginning. In fact, he is so yellow he doesn't even get to keep his given name. String him up like the old days. Ex con, still con, long gone.
know what criminal behavior you are referring to since you will not back up your statements with facts but I know one crying shame "crime" he committed here in Estes Park and that is keeping Juley Harvey on staff. Talk about legitimate. There is no legitimate reason to pay her to write her embarassing drivel. Of course she'll stay on since she's in the pocket of the town and school board.
Seriously dude

United States

#12 Jul 7, 2013
give it up. Either you are Mark or you are his gay lover, because no one would get up at 4 in the morning to continue to post about a meaningless popularity contest. Its like being named queen of the Larimer county swine fest and jello jamboree. Who wants it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
November is national home care and hospice month Nov 14 Calvin James 1
Man rescued from Colorado department store's walls Nov 13 DILF 7
Review: T V Service Center Oct '14 bill Brennan 4
Boulder researcher: 2013's flood-triggering rai... Oct '14 Boulder Jeep Fan 1
Review: Affordable Dentures - Walter E Schneide... (Feb '11) Sep '14 Lee 25
Learn to be a ham radio operator (Nov '13) Sep '14 HAM 12345 2
Review: Pati's Hair Care-Best Little Hair House... Aug '14 Pamela Mead Krull 1
Estes Park Dating
Find my Match

Estes Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Estes Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Estes Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:49 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:49PM
Breaking Down Denver's Game Plan vs. KC
CBS Sports 7:07 AM
Chiefs S Eric Berry has tests on mass in chest, waiting on results
CBS Sports10:05 AM
Eric Berry: 'Enjoy the day and don't worry, we're #BERRYSTRONG'
NBC Sports12:53 PM
Julius Thomas practices, Fox dubs tight end "day to day"
NBC Sports 1:27 PM
Anderson's arrival, Green's return keys Broncos - NBC Sports