Please do not feed the deer

Please do not feed the deer

There are 2 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from Jan 9, 2014, titled Please do not feed the deer. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

A fawn, not yet a year old, is lying dead on Hwy.7 near Morgan Street. It has been there more than 40 hours.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

Friends of Lot 4

Estes Park, CO

#1 Jan 10, 2014
...v.1 squabbling with Friends of Lot 4 v.2! What fun!

Because Pat Newsom is asking snarky questions about FoL4 v.1's motivations for distancing themselves from the v.2 bunch, it's only appropriate to wonder about the v.2 motivations in return.

Could it be that, underneath the high-sounding, community-oriented rationale that they express for their open-space aspirations and the welfare of the elk herd, there's really a hidden agenda?

After all, if I owned property on, say, Findley Ct. or Prospector Ln.-- or anywhere on that hillside -- I just might be more interested in preserving my personal viewscape than in the economic future and vitality of the community as a whole.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see a map of where the FoL4 v.2 members -- and all those petition signers -- live?
That dead deer

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2014
belongs to Dave on Pondo Drive......don't bug him about feeding them, though, it's his "right"! And then there's the old bird on Morgan who tosses out old lettece and other vegetable scraps for the deer. Yep, that 100% natural nutrition!!

You can't fix stupid.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Estes Park trustee candidate's comments on fore... (Mar '14) Aug 3 Alejandrojoaquin110 21
is Longmont a good place to move (Nov '10) Aug 3 Alejandrojoaquin110 18
Rex Douglas Jul '17 Interested in info 1
Does Longmont Actually Have A Ghetto Side? (Feb '10) Jun '17 Transplant 5
Longmont Music Thread May '17 Musikologist 1
john f kennedy May '17 mr t cab 1
Bar in Estes Park area in late 1960s (Jan '09) Jan '17 just the facts 8

Estes Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Estes Park Mortgages