budgeting with less, expectations the same

Park School District R-3 has "done okay making do," even though administrators are budgeting for less money today than six years ago, school superintendent Patrick Hickey said on Monday. Full Story
Estes Park Teachers

Estes Park, CO

#1 Apr 25, 2013
rarely go to Boulder, or Thompson or Longmont or anywhere else unless they are forced to. When they come to Estes they know what they are getting into as far as salary. However, once they begin teaching here, unless they have kids attending Estes Schools, they usually bail not because of funding but because of the negative culture of the school district. Parents are pulling their kids out of Estes in record numbers because there are schools 30 minutes away that blows Estes so called student achievement out of the water. I hope that will change once Todd Jirsa and Tony Paglia leave the school board. Patricia Wedan is all about kids and is often the only school board member that attends school functions like the prom or science fair. Marie is wishy washy and Cody needs to ride his horse back to where ever he came from.
Another lame attempt to get a tax hike from we the taxpayers with minimal results. And that's a fact. All the test data and everything else is on state web sites.
Ditto

Estes Park, CO

#2 Apr 26, 2013
"Why doesn't Este Park post the statistics of ranking of actual academic achievement between these districts and then come back with proof that salaries and benefits need to be adusted to adjacent districts? It is just a competition between salary surveys that has nothing to do with performance pay. There will never be a need for a mill levy override as long as the public is being falsely informed. The transparency issue has gotten worse."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boulder researcher: 2013's flood-triggering rai... 12 hr Boulder Jeep Fan 1
Review: Affordable Dentures - Walter E Schneide... (Feb '11) Tue Lee 25
Debate: Gay Marriage - Berthoud, CO (Jan '12) Sep 23 Brian_G 25
Learn to be a ham radio operator (Nov '13) Sep 17 HAM 12345 2
Review: T V Service Center Sep 12 bill Brennan 3
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Sep 10 We hate fort coll... 32
Jared Polis sues to stop fracking next to his W... (Jul '13) Sep 3 Jim 4
Estes Park Dating
Find my Match

Estes Park Jobs

Estes Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Estes Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Estes Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]