Body of Estes Park man found in Lake ...

Body of Estes Park man found in Lake Estes

There are 13 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from May 22, 2013, titled Body of Estes Park man found in Lake Estes. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

A Larimer County Sheriff's Deputy and the county coroner load the body of a man found in Lake Estes on Monday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

Great

United States

#1 May 22, 2013
Third "dribble" article where one well-written article would do. Still haven't asked anyone in the area if they saw anything. This is not being intrusive (where the police are typically being obfuscative), it is being a reporter.
Like the IRS humps

Estes Park, CO

#2 May 22, 2013
these folks know nothing...they see nothing but a dead boy floating around Lake Estes is hard to write off. The family of this man deserve better and the public needs to be informed but we all know that will never happen. If this is the update we were promised on Monday it sucks.
Well there is another one

Estes Park, CO

#3 May 22, 2013
for the books which Im sure will be classified as a suicider, like the kid who shot the teenager last year. Eventually, everyone in town will die of "suicide" and the murderer will be the last one standing, except for a Trail Gazette staffer who will say the most recent murder is under investigation and no details are being release so hide your children Estes Park because we have a rampant "suicide causer" on the loose and you know what that means.........details in next issue or keep checking the website because that means we get to charge our advertisers more..........
Shocked

Estes Park, CO

#4 May 24, 2013
There were supposed to be updates in the paper.

I'm shocked at not finding any.

This investigation will keep going and going.

Hide your children, EP, the lake is swallowing its own.
And on that note

Louisville, CO

#5 May 26, 2013
due to the just fantastic follow up the EP Trail does, the Coloradan posted the following update to the suicide/manslaughter story in Estes, I'll put the update here for the EP Trail,
Thomas decker Dodge has until June 7th to decide whether or not to accept a plea deal in the case, details of the deal were not forthcoming, but based on the charges of, contributing to the delinquency, menacing and manslaughter, it's a safe bet that some jail time is involved but no details, and why were the court documents sealed anyway? he's an adult, she's passed on, so what are they hiding / protecting?
Now maybe I should submit a bill to the EP Trail for doing the job they keep saying they'll do, you know, updates will be printed as they come available.
We are mushrooms

United States

#6 May 26, 2013
We are kept in the dark and fed a steady died of, well, you know.........I'm sure there will be updates on both of these stories on the Trail Police Gazett website early tomorrow morning.....These guys just don't sleep finding way to turn over every rock to search or sleep under........Be very scared, criminals, because the Trail never goes cold
Since the Trail has gone

Estes Park, CO

#7 May 28, 2013
dark, somebody should probably give an update (I'm sure the Trail-Guzzlette reporters are out sniffing leads or paint or something).

The guy's death is being ruled "accidental". He had water in his lungs, so he obviously wasn't a goner before he dropped into the drink. Toxicology is pending.

There, that wasn't so difficult, was it, Troll-Gonzette?

Now for another article about Lazy-Boy..........
Oh come on now

Louisville, CO

#8 May 29, 2013
Since the Trail has gone wrote:
dark, somebody should probably give an update (I'm sure the Trail-Guzzlette reporters are out sniffing leads or paint or something).
The guy's death is being ruled "accidental". He had water in his lungs, so he obviously wasn't a goner before he dropped into the drink. Toxicology is pending.
There, that wasn't so difficult, was it, Troll-Gonzette?
Now for another article about Lazy-Boy..........
Don't you love spending 75 cents for 8 pages of LaZboy furniture ads? What else would I use to line my bird cage with?
Correction

Boulder, CO

#9 May 30, 2013
All units:::This is now being classified among top level brass as a homicide, repeat, homicide, please proceed to nearest sand and place your head well under it
Any update

United States

#10 May 31, 2013
We awaits the updates
No of course not

Estes Park, CO

#11 May 31, 2013
Now one week later after updates were promised and we have no updates.

Perhaps his children will leave some information in their diaries about this and we can learn of it when they pass away of unnatural causes and, of course, no from the Trail asking the grandchildren about it but from them writing a letter that the Trail forgets not to publish.
Jaxon

Rapid City, SD

#12 Jun 2, 2013
We love the people and surrounding nature of Estes. BUT, with a "Suicide Causer" on the loose and the police more concerned with directing traffic and giving jaywalk tickets, I will have to take my local tax money and move to a more lawful and honest community, say Washington, DC? Come on POLICE and NEWSPAPER...DO YOUR JOB!
Perhaps some clues

Fort Collins, CO

#13 Jun 2, 2013
were fished from the Lake during the fishing derby.

If so, we wouldn't hear about it anyway....not happy enough news. Perhaps if someone writes a sappy musical play about all the news that gets swept under the rug in this town, one of the groups who puts on these things may enlighten us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trying to find the name of an old resident/sing... 23 hr I been to redwood 2
News Judge: Airplane noise plaintiffs owe Mile-Hi $48K Jul 30 voiceofreason 1
missing person from Arkansas MISSING PERSON ALERT Jul 6 concerned 1
Longmont man convicted of stalking ex girlfriend Jul '15 Zebra 1
News The government may soon decide who's a craft br... Jul '15 Miss Id 2
News Woman finds 8.52-carat diamond at state park Jun '15 Jenji Licious 2
News Hartford Homes begins construction on 287-home ... Jun '15 jenny010101 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Estes Park Mortgages