Estes Park school board to be sworn i...

Estes Park school board to be sworn in amid swirl of controversy

There are 64 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from Nov 22, 2013, titled Estes Park school board to be sworn in amid swirl of controversy. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

The Park School District will seat two new board of education members and say farewell to outgoing members during activities Monday evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

Not

Estes Park, CO

#41 Nov 24, 2013
Looking wrote:
forward to having a qualified, properly-elected candidate ramrodded by one anonymous individual with an axe to grind. Tar and feathers, anyone? Lynching, anyone? Race-baiting, anyone? What a joke that a forum can be dominated by one anonymous loonie.
She has not been properly elected, she claimed to have a degree, which she doesn't, working at UNC, which she doesn't, a business owner, which she isn't, several other degrees, which she hasn't, sitting on numerous boards, which she hasn't, so she is a phony, not properly elected!!
Tom Hannah

United States

#42 Nov 24, 2013
It is quite convenient to not put your name to a hurtful, malicious post by claiming you might be harassed. Of course you would be, because you are attacking someone without provocation or cause. Just because you can.

I can guarantee that this one lone individual posting with no name and multiple i.d.'s will not even show up at the Monday meeting, and will definitely not say even 10% of these outlandish claims.

Fix thee system, not the people who take advantage of the system. Ask the appropriate questions of the candidates. This lone wolf individual (probably an ex-lover) should be blaming himself for not being qualified to vote, not asking for a lynch mob to show up to an event he won't be anywhere close to.

I should know, because I'm not Tom Hannah.
Get over it Tom

Estes Park, CO

#43 Nov 24, 2013
Tom Hannah wrote:
It is quite convenient to not put your name to a hurtful, malicious post by claiming you might be harassed. Of course you would be, because you are attacking someone without provocation or cause. Just because you can.
I can guarantee that this one lone individual posting with no name and multiple i.d.'s will not even show up at the Monday meeting, and will definitely not say even 10% of these outlandish claims.
Fix thee system, not the people who take advantage of the system. Ask the appropriate questions of the candidates. This lone wolf individual (probably an ex-lover) should be blaming himself for not being qualified to vote, not asking for a lynch mob to show up to an event he won't be anywhere close to.
I should know, because I'm not Tom Hannah.
You are getting creepy now. Don't like what you are reading then don't read it.
Estes Park Trail Gazette

Estes Park, CO

#44 Nov 24, 2013
I don't think Adams will be a benefit to the board. Every time someone on the board disagrees with her this is how she will respond. The board will not be able to get any work done. If she was a team player and she wasn't lying, she would respond to the allegations and everyone could move on.
The Real Tom Hannah

Estes Park, CO

#45 Nov 24, 2013
Would never say things like "malicious" when he could use the word "malevolent".

This is obviously an orchestrated campaign by someone pretending to be Tom Hannah. Maybe it is a former employee of Charlie's Chocolate Factory, an Ooompah-Loompah denied workman's comp. But no one, and I repeat no one, should care this much about one position on a board of six that matters little in the scheme of things. Come on, we're talking about a board that just advises a school too small to play 11-man football with a declining enrollment. You should be happy that anyone runs for this board.
It is

Estes Park, CO

#46 Nov 24, 2013
The Real Tom Hannah wrote:
Would never say things like "malicious" when he could use the word "malevolent".
This is obviously an orchestrated campaign by someone pretending to be Tom Hannah. Maybe it is a former employee of Charlie's Chocolate Factory, an Ooompah-Loompah denied workman's comp. But no one, and I repeat no one, should care this much about one position on a board of six that matters little in the scheme of things. Come on, we're talking about a board that just advises a school too small to play 11-man football with a declining enrollment. You should be happy that anyone runs for this board.
is a board of 5.and those of us with children in the district do care. Integrity and character are important attributes those in office should hold. then of course for you to write what you did you must have voted for Obama.
still unanswered

Estes Park, CO

#47 Nov 24, 2013
the question is and still remains, what should happen now? Where do we go from here with this situation regarding Ms. Adams and the school board? what do we want for our kids and what kind of people on the school board should make decisions for our schools?
No the voters answered

Estes Park, CO

#48 Nov 24, 2013
They voted in Mrs. Adams. So you hate mongers need to go back into your caves.
She was

Estes Park, CO

#49 Nov 24, 2013
No the voters answered wrote:
They voted in Mrs. Adams. So you hate mongers need to go back into your caves.
voted in under false pretenses. We are not hate mongers just take folks at their word especially when someone is running for a seat that affects children. I'll save my cave for Ms. Adams.
EP resident

Denver, CO

#50 Nov 24, 2013
This is a complete failure on the part of Mrs. Adams and her absurd lies, the School Board on condoning her erratic behavior, and the Trail Gazette for sloppy journalism. I also believe there is a big effort that goes beyond the School Board to down play this embarrassing story to avoid any negative press for the town. I believe it is the responsibility of Mr. Jirsa, Mr. Hickey, Mr. Pinkam, and TG Editor to publicly call for Mrs. Adams withdrawal.
You have big believes

United States

#51 Nov 25, 2013
Why not bring in the Department of Education and the FBI? Why not really make a mountain out of something so insignificant except to Miss Adams biggest enemy, her jilted lover Tom Hannah?
Tom Hannah

Denver, CO

#52 Nov 25, 2013
It is a real joy to be included in this debate, considering I did not fill in section on the board vote. I opted to let the decision be made to those who meet the candidates or studied the issue.
As to the above matter of fellow citizens using my name on various comments, I am indifferent. Those who confute with me know I speak plainly on topic without malice toward a particular person.
I wish whoever was elected the best, as you will be dealing with the base and vulgar who revel in animosity,and the conflict of their internal trite fears.

Tom Hannah
Tom Hannah

Estes Park, CO

#53 Nov 25, 2013
As pertains to the confuscatory harridans who perpetuate the rapacity of our stillborn metalurgic forebears, I remain taciturn, seemingly quiescent.

If, nolens volens, the rock continues to roll, will it not have moss on the compass point, Q.E.D., the Ursa B Flat Minor, to quip a pun?

Tom Hannah
Tom Hannah

Denver, CO

#54 Nov 25, 2013
There you are....
You squirm like a worm on a hook. Your slander is so far from reason that what is the matter if you use my name? And there is humor in recalling the saying; "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
Be well,

Tom Hannah
Tom Hannah

Estes Park, CO

#55 Nov 25, 2013
I'm starting to get the hang of this...
Drip like the flippity-bippity. One hand to God and the other in my pantsuit constitutes a royal flush down the Strawberry Cecil B. DeMilo? And I forget to space between paragraphs.
Live long and prospect,

Tom Hannah
Anything

Estes Park, CO

#56 Nov 25, 2013
I wrote is this blog protected under the first amendment and were allegations only. No slander or libel lawsuits can be filed against me since these were my opinions and not fact based. That's what comments are and are protected under the 1st amendment.
Weird Town

Estes Park, CO

#57 Nov 25, 2013
Everyone keeps saying how nice the people of Estes Park are. Why then do we get so many creeps and liars running for public office. I'm disgusted that the school system does not require a complete resume from school board candidates. Degrees and business/teaching experience claimed on the resume should be checked. If you don't have the academic experience or credentials, then why is someone allowed to run? Maybe qualified people with academic or business credentials from Town don't run for this office because so far, mostly poorly qualified people do. Running for school board should include people who can recognize a good educational system when they see one, not just people who want to raise or lower the budget for education. Yuk, what a bunch of creeps.
Do you mean Wired Town

Estes Park, CO

#58 Nov 25, 2013
Who do you sit with at lunch that tells you the people of Estes Park are normal? They are a bunch of half-wits. Some of the half-wits are elevated to positions of power and somehow thing they are qualified to make decisions. The biggest halfwits in the biggest positions of power are the owner-operators of the various media outlets in town (not just the crappy papers, although they are the biggest perps, but the erector set FM radio station in town which allows unqualified idiots to broadcast their likes and opinions and the Holy Mole self-congratulatory junior high tv channel) and the various clubs like Rotarhea and Lie-Uns and especially the all-gals groups that seem to think they should decide who gets elected.

No one is smart enough to see through other people's nonsense, because they can't see through their own, and can't even see through tissue paper held up to the sun. They are all half-wits, including Tom Hannah, who believes he is somehow a genius because he can simultaneously thumb through a adjective generator while wanking off.
Well that was gay

Estes Park, CO

#59 Nov 25, 2013
The nation's long nightmare is over, so I'm not sure what the shrill harpy who championed this cause to expose hypocrasy since the election will do with herself. Maybe attack her husband for lying about his adequacy on their wedding night. Good lord is this town dumber than a post.
Thank God

Estes Park, CO

#60 Nov 25, 2013
Thank God, she is not taking the seat, good excuse though with her sick kids, that always works! Well actually she didn't have the guts to face the public regarding her lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Longmont Fri Brandi C 6
News Berthoud Police investigate apparent suicide (Jul '10) Jun 13 concerned friend 17
laura quarnberg aressted (Sep '15) May '16 jena 2
News Cemex sells Lyons cement plant, other assets to... May '16 sodastream pollutes 1
is Longmont a good place to move (Nov '10) Apr '16 Alexei 15
News Sky's the limit for solar in Colorado Mar '16 Solarman 1
News Five Northern Colorado Cities are Among the Sta... Mar '16 Elizabeth 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Estes Park Mortgages