Estes Park school board to be sworn in amid swirl of controversy

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

The Park School District will seat two new board of education members and say farewell to outgoing members during activities Monday evening.
Comments
1 - 20 of 64 Comments Last updated Nov 26, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
She is better than Jirsa

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

What happens if the recall puts Jirsa back in her place?
If Todd

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Jirsa believes Christie Adams is innocent then she must be guilty. Birds of a feather flock together. She also told folks she has a law degree. Wow, either super woman or super freak is going to be sworn in on Monday. Time will tell.
Cannot

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

She is better than Jirsa wrote:
Jirsa termed out thank God.
Thank you lord jeebus

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

for the end of Tom Jerksa. Good by you bald-headed monster.
Estes Park

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Adams should do the right thing and step down. We don't need any extra controversy on the school board. We don't want time wasted on recall efforts.
Then just live with it

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Don't waste money on a recall that will just put another doofus in place of Jerksa. Jerksa being gone is worth six pathologic lie-babies
What

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Then just live with it wrote:
Don't waste money on a recall that will just put another doofus in place of Jerksa. Jerksa being gone is worth six pathologic lie-babies
Don't you get about termed out? Jirsa cannot come back. same as the president...there are term limits and again I say Thank God on both fronts.
She is

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

She is better than Jirsa wrote:
better than Jirsa? You have got to be kidding. Both seems to be hustlers and we should accept that???? Our kids deserve better. She is no better than Jirsa just a different kind of lying and cheating.
Lies Damned Lies Adams

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Seems to me like we should be swearing Adams in as Mayor of Toronto, not an Estes Park School Board member.
Estes Park

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

This will further damage the school board's ability to function.
concerned citizen

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Just having this turmoil for weeks shows that Mrs. Adams needs to step down. Our kids deserve better then this. She really doesn't think she owes the citizens and voters of this town an explanation regarding her education, degrees and teaching experience, which she herself claimed to have? This is not acceptable and terribly poor. We needs school board members who can be trusted 100%. Would a school board member like you be good enough for your children, Mrs. Adams? If yes, then I feel sorry for them!
concerned citizen

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Just having this turmoil for weeks shows that Mrs. Adams needs to step down. Our kids deserve better then this. She really doesn't think she owes the citizens and voters of this town an explanation regarding her education, degrees and teaching experience, which she herself claimed to have? This is not acceptable and terribly poor. We need school board members who can be trusted 100%. Would a school board member like you be good enough for your children, Mrs. Adams? If yes, then I feel sorry for them!
Estes Park Trail Gazette

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

If the Trail Gazette knew about Adam's lies before the election, why wasn't this article in the paper earlier? I'm sure the voters of Estes Park would like to have known about this controversy before they voted, not after.
Disappointed

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

If she's not willing to provide the evidence of a phd and documentation of teaching at UNC then she's a liar! What type of role model is that for our kids, school employees and district? So it's ok to lie? What credibility will the board have over students and teachers if one of their own is a liar? None! I say the board members need to develop some backbone and call her out on it! How will this district gain any support from this community if they are not to be trusted?
How can

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

Estes Park wrote:
Adams should do the right thing and step down. We don't need any extra controversy on the school board. We don't want time wasted on recall efforts.
a supposedly delusional person "do the right thing and step down" when they believe their own delusion. Attack a delusional person and they become violent or run. She chose to do the latter. That is why the Trail could not get ahold of her for comment. But she's back and ready to become a leader in our school district. So, lets add that to the resume. what's next a medical degree?
Not to

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

concerned citizen wrote:
Just having this turmoil for weeks shows that Mrs. Adams needs to step down. Our kids deserve better then this. She really doesn't think she owes the citizens and voters of this town an explanation regarding her education, degrees and teaching experience, which she herself claimed to have? This is not acceptable and terribly poor. We needs school board members who can be trusted 100%. Would a school board member like you be good enough for your children, Mrs. Adams? If yes, then I feel sorry for them!
mention we the citizens of Estes Park are her boss. We can hire or fire her, well not really since board members do not get paid, but we can recall her and press for credentials. She needs to remember who she works for. So if our kids deserve better, which they do, as her "boss" I would support a recall You cannot place a dollar sign on our children's future.
Please

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

come to the meeting on Monday night...You have to sign up with the secretary prior to the meeting if you think you want to speak...you can always decline when you are called upon...We need numbers there to force her to resign---a recall can't happen for six months after she takes the seat...
A Very Poor Choice

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

The Board is only as strong as its weakest link - this is not the time for a weak Board. The Board's Code of Conduct calls for "ethical conduct", "mutual trust" and to "protect the integrity an promote positive image of the district and one another". Christi Adams does not meet any of these standards if the allegations are true - she needs to simply document who she really is. The Ft. Collins Examiner reported yesterday that she had claimed at one time to have been Mrs. Colorado - what is that all about?
AMEN

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Estes Park Trail Gazette wrote:
If the Trail Gazette knew about Adam's lies before the election, why wasn't this article in the paper earlier? I'm sure the voters of Estes Park would like to have known about this controversy before they voted, not after.
Everyone i know mailed in their ballot! Trail Gazette first endorsed her before mail in timeline and then only broke the story a couple of days before election day, and that was online and we couldn't find it in their print copy (shame on them)! I'll never do early mail in ballot again (shame on me)!
She says she

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

refuses to address accusations, Well Ms. Adams, it was YOU who made the claims publically, in an election forum, since it was you who chose to make these claims, then it is you who should do the right thing and verify them. Don't you now in hindsight think it would have been better to run for this position based on who you really are, and not have caused such a controversy in the first place by making claims you can't possibly substantiate.
If any normal person were in your place right now they would be to embarrassed and humiliated to even think of stepping into this role which seems obviously based on lies to get there.
Since the follow-up has shown no record of what you claim I think it makes it pretty clear to all you don't have the background you claimed to have, In light of that alone, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously or trust anything you will have to say since you were caught lying right out of the gate.
Your silence through this situation does not in any way help your now tarnished image. Do the right thing and prove us all wrong, or hang your head in shame and walk away before you bring further disgrace upon yourself and tarnish the image of an already troubled school board that is now in the position of healing from the problematic Jirsa reign.
As pointed out , it's no surprise that Jirsa comments that she's "innocent", a school board president that was a master at running the school board in shadows and deception always bordering on illegal and motivated by malice towards those who opposed him in any way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Estes Park Discussions

Search the Estes Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Wed GreeleyGrizzler 286
Longmont police: Parental-kidnapping suspect ar... Jul 17 We hate fort collins CO 2
Franklin County Sheriff Dane Anthony completes ... (May '10) Jul 4 anonymous 7
Farmers' Market back in Estes Park for the summer Jun '14 Walt Hester Caint Spell 1
Review: Allegiant Electric Jun '14 Jennifer Logan 1
Estes Park looking to get well after floods Jun '14 Confucius 1
Review: Bizzy B'S Recycling & Salvage May '14 foe 1
•••
•••
•••
Estes Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Estes Park Jobs

•••