You cannot postpone July 4

You cannot postpone July 4

There are 11 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from Jun 28, 2012, titled You cannot postpone July 4. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

I was upset to hear of the "postponement" of the fireworks in Estes Park. Was citizen input considered? Was consideration of the impact to Estes Park's tourist economy considered? Was the extremely low risk of fire considered -- they're going off over the lake...seriously . My suspicion is that consideration was given to the worry/liability/whiner ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

Really

Estes Park, CO

#1 Jun 28, 2012
Extremely low risk of fire? We are at record levels. Fallout from the fireworks do not always land in the lake, and there are plenty of yahoos who will be lighting them off around town. Yes, we got some rain, but a hot day will dry everything out again.
aur56

Aurora, MO

#3 Jun 29, 2012
We shouldn't let anyone here in Missouri shoot fireworks, we are super dry, lawns are crunchy. They're not supposed to shoot them off in city limits but last night they were going off on my street, fire hazard, wood homes, dry lawns,sheds,etc. Too dangerous this year.
Dave Tanton is an idiot

United States

#4 Jun 29, 2012
He does not speak for the town residents, he has no job, he doesn't even know where Larkspur is to come down and give some money to those without homes.

Maybe we should all find out what tent or shed he lives in and go string fireworks all over his lice-ridden head.
But you can prevent

Estes Park, CO

#5 Jun 30, 2012
Davie Tanton from embarassing us nationwide in print, by mating him with Johanna Durden and for sure their offspring would be mute, just because two giant waves of nauseous, uninformed writing tend to cancel out.

Almost every sane community across the United States has cancelled fireworks displays this year, and Davie feels bad because he is just a little kid at heart and remembers all the fun he had lighting things on fire before he went to juvey.

But if Davie needs loud noises and bright lights to feel patriotic, maybe he should run outside and shoot his gun staight up in the air and then try to catch the bullet in his big fat head.
New Topax Pole

Estes Park, CO

#6 Jun 30, 2012
Who makes you wince more when you see their name under a letter to the editor:

A. David Tanton
B. Johanna Dardun
C. Zodiac Killer
D. Unabomber
E. Both A and B
You cannot postpone Dave

Evans, CO

#7 Jul 5, 2012
Tanton. He will write and write and write and complain about everything, including how other people take up valuable space in the Letters to the Editor section, leaving less for him to beglorify us with his fabulous wealth of knowledge and effervescence. Is there a way to make Dave Tanton honorary town curmudgeon and black eye, or did the lack of fireworks this year cause him to stroke out?
aur56

Aurora, MO

#8 Jul 5, 2012
you can't postpone July 4th but you can cancel it ,there's always next year. What is the big deal with just not having it for one year?
Is Dave Tonton be stopped

Boulder, CO

#10 Jul 6, 2012
Yet another letter to the editor? Can he for not publishing he own newslettering? Pardon my unsuperior English.
Is Dave Danton

United States

#11 Jul 7, 2012
taking over where Patrick Cipolla lef toff?

Larimer County sheriff's deputies arrested a 70-year-old Loveland man Thursday on a warrant alleging sexual assault of a teen girl over several years.

Patrick Frank Cipolla, formerly of Estes Park, is being held on $1 million bond at the Larimer County Detention Center in Fort Collins, according to a press release from the Larimer County Sheriff's Office.

Cipolla faces four felony charges of sexual assault/force and three felony charges of sexual assault on a child by someone in a position of trust.

His occupation is listed as retired military, according to the release.
But you can poster

Estes Park, CO

#12 Jul 7, 2012
child Dale Dingdong, King of his old wild fears
Chill out

United States

#13 Jul 7, 2012
New technology lets you learn a language in as little as 10 days. Perhaps Dave Danton could enroll in the program and learn English.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

ROTFLMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Literary litterbug' admits tossing 600 books f... Aug 19 Lawrence Wolf 16
Trying to find the name of an old resident/sing... Aug 2 I been to redwood 2
News Judge: Airplane noise plaintiffs owe Mile-Hi $48K Jul '15 voiceofreason 1
missing person from Arkansas MISSING PERSON ALERT Jul '15 concerned 1
Longmont man convicted of stalking ex girlfriend Jul '15 Zebra 1
News The government may soon decide who's a craft br... Jul '15 Miss Id 2
News Woman finds 8.52-carat diamond at state park Jun '15 Jenji Licious 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Estes Park Mortgages