EPIC in the 'quiet phase'

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

If you would like more information about the Rocky Mountain Performing Arts Center or EPIC, you may call Christopher Wood at 481-6142 or go online to rockymountainperformingarts.org The effort to raise funds for The Rocky Mountain Performing Arts Center is moving ahead steadily but is hardly making a sound.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Sep 9, 2013
Tim

Denver, CO

#1 Sep 3, 2013
I hope this never happens for the sake of the downtown!
Jake

Brighton, CO

#2 Sep 3, 2013
Chris Wood is a prime example of a selfish, egotistical, moron. Who the hell told him EP wants a Performing Arts? And who is he to tell me or anyone else that this is good for EP and this is what we want? Of course we, the people will never get to vote on it as Chris and his cronies are afraid of the outcome. It's a sad day for Estes Park when special interests rule the town and It's government and damned the people.
Kim

Broomfield, CO

#3 Sep 4, 2013
I love how they spin the fact that money isn't being committed to it being the "quiet phase". give it up Chris!!
The quiet phase

United States

#4 Sep 4, 2013
refers to the fact that they are working behind the scenes - with no public input - to get all their ducks in a row so they can push this through with a minimum of complications when all is ready to go.
Jake

Brighton, CO

#5 Sep 4, 2013
The quiet phase wrote:
refers to the fact that they are working behind the scenes - with no public input - to get all their ducks in a row so they can push this through with a minimum of complications when all is ready to go.
They are afraid of public input. If they weren't they would put it to a public vote and let the chips fall where they may. I contacted one of our Trustees who voted yes the last time around and this Trustee's reason for this vote was to make EPIC go thru all the headaches of securing funding, etc. Does this make sense? I don't think so.
I Can

Brighton, CO

#6 Sep 4, 2013
Only wish Chris Wood and his co-conspirators complete failure with The Performing Arts. The reason? For being so sneaky with it and telling us and the Town what's good for us. He's afraid to put it to a vote, making him selfish and an egotistical &^$%)*#!
The quiet phase

Louisville, CO

#7 Sep 4, 2013
They lack the funds to purchase the property by almost 4 million dollars, then they need to come up with 12 million which will be only HALF the money needed to build the thing, yet a sign has been erected on site by none other than Sharon Sealy announcing that "retail space available" for purchase, how does one sell retail space in a project that hasn't even begun.
As anyone who's lived here any length of time knows, Ms. Sealys business ability is rather extremely lacking in good decision, let's see, how many business failures has she had? The lakeshore lodge, her ties with the Aspen lodge, and the Park Theatre Mall which was so grossly under insured that the insurance policy didn't even cover the cost of cleanup, let alone any monies left over to even attempt to rebuild, and her repeated reneging on signed agreements as though they hold no validity whatsoever, any person even considering to purchase retail space in this boondoggle better be prepared to never see that money again when this whole project goes way, way, south.
To say she has a shady business reputation is putting it VERY politely, just like the "generous donation of the land, which is nothing more than a tax dodge, seriously people, this is just a self serving bunch of fertilizer.
another note

Louisville, CO

#8 Sep 5, 2013
if this was the "generous donation" touted by the Sealys, why does the EPIC group state that they need to PURCHASE the land for 6 million? Also at one point when the land was being listed through a local realtor the price tag for said property was at about $450,000.00 , how did we get such a massive inflated price tag all of a sudden?
Is it to inflate the price so someone can try to not pay taxes on an alleged 6 million dollar "donation", which anyone with a brain can see is no donation at all, this whole EPIC thing is a self serving SCAM being perpetrated on the town and it's citizens, the whole group should be ashamed of themselves!
the quiet phase

Louisville, CO

#9 Sep 9, 2013
also know as the death rattle

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LP + Mesa = Skybeam, broadband alternative (Dec '08) Sat Terry 83
Review: Affordable Dentures - Walter E Schneide... (Feb '11) Aug 26 nome515 22
Xiaomi Redmi 1S India lancio marted́; Prezzo gi... Aug 25 touxet 1
T-C Line: Seniors are the ones we should be con... Aug 25 alienbhindu 1
Review: T V Service Center Aug 21 bill Brennan 1
Review: Pati's Hair Care-Best Little Hair House... Aug 9 Pamela Mead Krull 1
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Aug 2 pacostacos 287
•••
•••
•••

Estes Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Estes Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Estes Park News, Events & Info