May Day snow hammers Estes Park

May Day snow hammers Estes Park

There are 7 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from May 2, 2013, titled May Day snow hammers Estes Park. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

May Day means many things - but usually the pole associated with it is for flowered ribbons and not snow skis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

Jeff

Denver, CO

#1 May 2, 2013
Riverside and Post office parking lots barely touched by play ALL day Wednesday......great job??!!?? But yet they need to plow Elkhorn Ave 500 times a day. I would like to now how much $$$ they waste plowing to middle then hauling away.....dumb.
Really

Greeley, CO

#2 May 2, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Riverside and Post office parking lots barely touched by play ALL day Wednesday......great job??!!?? But yet they need to plow Elkhorn Ave 500 times a day. I would like to now how much $$$ they waste plowing to middle then hauling away.....dumb.
Post Office parking lot is privately owned and not plowed by either State or local plows, it's a private contractor who does a god awful job, as for plowing snow into the middle of the streets is because if they plowed it to the sides it would cover the sidewalks in all that snow and ice, simply, there is no where else for them to plow it too because all the streets in town have no breakdown lane or street side parking to push it into. If all that got pushed onto the sidewalks it would be the merchants responsibility to clear it and they would only throw it back into the street.
How does Broomfield

Estes Park, CO

#3 May 2, 2013
handle these types of problems?

Why don't you worry more about Broomfield's problems and less about Estes Park's problems?
oh one of those

Greeley, CO

#4 May 3, 2013
How does Broomfield wrote:
handle these types of problems?
Why don't you worry more about Broomfield's problems and less about Estes Park's problems?
Live in estes "Jeff", you one of those that just thinks that unless the tag says somewhere other than Estes it means you don't live here, obviously not familiar with how the internet works.
i simply posted a logical answer to your post,explaining why the plowing is done the way it is, was something wrong with a straight answer?
Here is how the internet

United States

#5 May 3, 2013
works. I live in Golden, I post from Golden, the internet reports my location as Golden.

I think the person who doesn't know how the internet works is the person who gives advice on Estes Park while living in Broomfield.
Really

Greeley, CO

#6 May 3, 2013
Here is how the internet wrote:
works. I live in Golden, I post from Golden, the internet reports my location as Golden.
I think the person who doesn't know how the internet works is the person who gives advice on Estes Park while living in Broomfield.
Well, I've lived in Estes for 30 years, I post from my home in Estes, and I don't really care what the "tag" says, like I said, all I did was offer an explanation of how and why they plow the way they do, obviously, since you seem to think I live in broomfield, why would I know the process for how they plow in mEstes, oh yeah, because I also work for the town of Estes, It's quite a commute.
But once again, the malcontent trolls don't ever want a reasonable discussion, just the usual snark insults and anonymous bullying from the safety of your little troll cave.
God you people are losers.
The reason the location changes is based on who you ISP is and how they route their system which can change daily, but I guess you computer elite are just to good for me, guess I'll go hang my head in shame in broomfield.
LMAO at you.
Perhaps the answer is

United States

#7 May 4, 2013
to move to Estes Park.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Longmont (May '16) Nov 17 Cameo 11
Carubba collision Oct '16 Rumor has it 1
8/05/2016 Aug '16 katybirdhudson 1
News Go NoCo projects could be threatened as financi... Jul '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News Sky's the limit for solar in Colorado (Mar '16) Mar '16 Solarman 1
News Five Northern Colorado Cities are Among the Sta... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Elizabeth 1
Need Information (Feb '16) Feb '16 Lark 1

Estes Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Estes Park Mortgages