Who's hiring?: employers gather for April 30 Estes Park job fair

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

This year's second annual Estes Valley Job Fair takes place on Tuesday, April 30, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Rocky Mountain Park Inn, adjacent to the Estes Park Conference Center.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Apr 24, 2013
In the mid 1980s

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

I was making about $8.50 an hour. What are most of these positions going to pay -$10-$12 per hour tops? You'd have to pay a person $19.40 an hour in 2013 money to be paying the equivalent of 1984's $8.50.

Tipped employees? Slave labor @$4.26 /hr (especially given that most diners don't tip at 15-20%)

Shameful.....
In the mid 1980s

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

In the mid 1980s wrote:
I was making about $8.50 an hour. What are most of these positions going to pay -$10-$12 per hour tops? You'd have to pay a person $19.40 an hour in 2013 money to be paying the equivalent of 1984's $8.50.
Tipped employees? Slave labor @$4.26 /hr (especially given that most diners don't tip at 15-20%)
Shameful.....
No not mean, or clueless. It costs MONEY to hire good people. Don't want to pay good wages? You'll get the same crop of folks you've had in the past - ready to jump ship midsummer when ANY other opportunity arises. Of course, the unrealistic business owners will cry "they just weren't raised right!" or "they're all just lazy!". Listen, people, you pay low wages, you get low loyalty in return.

And all you retiree business owners who thought you'd have a fun time running a business "part time"? How are those 60+ hour weeks working for you? Don't worry, the bankers have about a dozen or more retiree suckers - ahem - I mean, potential buyers waiting in line when you go belly up.....
Slave Labor needed

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Check the sign for bakery workers at Safeway - about $7.80/hour

Using this calculator, that's about $3.50 in 1984 money - less than minimum wage at the time . How many of you employers would have worked for that back in the 1980's when you were working stiffs and didn't have a pot to p^ss in?(You trust funders probably don't understand the reference.....)

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Estes Park Discussions

Search the Estes Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Plane Out Of Longmont Lands On Iowa Road In Eme... 9 hr Jon Beacham 1
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Jul 23 GreeleyGrizzler 286
Longmont police: Parental-kidnapping suspect ar... Jul 17 We hate fort collins CO 2
Franklin County Sheriff Dane Anthony completes ... (May '10) Jul 4 anonymous 7
Farmers' Market back in Estes Park for the summer Jun '14 Walt Hester Caint Spell 1
Review: Allegiant Electric Jun '14 Jennifer Logan 1
Estes Park looking to get well after floods Jun '14 Confucius 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Larimer County was issued at July 29 at 10:23PM MDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Estes Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••