Estes Park Town Board to consider federal grant application for street relocation, parking at Tue...

Estes Park town trustees will consider applying for creating a reroute of Moraine Avenue on a one-way couplet and a parking structure at the post office, through a federal, $56-million grant program at their Tuesday night meeting. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tstreet

United States

#1 Mar 22, 2013
My guess is that living and visiting lodging on Riverside Drive will not find this an improvement to their transportation, visitor experience.

The real objective here is to facilitate the maximum amount of auto traffic through Estes Park. With that kind of money, they should make the visitor and resident experience more pleasant by closing down most of Elkhorn Avenue and rerouting the way to Rocky Mountain National Park away from the downtown area.

And I have no idea how more parking at the Post Office is going to enhance the transportation visitor experience other than possibly to subsidize the building of a parking lot for the proposed performing arts center.
SunshineX2

Estes Park, CO

#2 Mar 22, 2013
RE: "And I have no idea how more parking at the Post Office is going to enhance the transportation visitor experience other than possibly to subsidize the building of a parking lot for the proposed performing arts center." ; BINGO !

Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum, something smelly this way comes...'the taking of properties' always sounds scary to me.
Jake

Denver, CO

#3 Mar 23, 2013
My farther used to say: When I was growing up I learned that a horses ass was the rear end of a horse. Now I am convinced that all the horses asses are in Government! Sounds like the Estes Park Town Board and officials.
Do you know your farther

Estes Park, CO

#4 Mar 23, 2013
Because some of us are not so lucky, we only know our father. Any my father, not farther, once said, be part of the solution instead of being the rear end of the horse. Quitcher bitchin and run for office if you aren't happy with what comes out the other end.
SunshineX2

Estes Park, CO

#5 Mar 23, 2013
For the record. I believe many father's are 'farthers' too. One only need to ask around to realize many practice the , "Come here child, pull my finger'.....
Jake

Denver, CO

#6 Mar 23, 2013
Do you know your farther wrote:
Because some of us are not so lucky, we only know our father. Any my father, not farther, once said, be part of the solution instead of being the rear end of the horse. Quitcher bitchin and run for office if you aren't happy with what comes out the other end.
Sorry about the spelling, typo error. I suppose that you are 100% politically correct! As for running for office, GFY! This is what's so great about America. The right to express one's self. Maybe you should run for office. Oh, that's right. You never disagree with anything, right? Be sure brain is in gear before inserting foot! Have a WONDERFUL day!
tstreet

United States

#7 Mar 23, 2013
And another thought or two. This "improvement" will not change the fact that Elkhorn has and will continue to be a bottleneck if the objective is to get people to the National Park. If this plan actually facilitates more people to the Park, Elkhorn will be even more of a bottleneck which will detract from the purpose of the plan.

For a lot less than 56 million dollars, they could close down the road to auto traffic, put Elkhorn on a road diet down to one lane, add two bike lanes on each side of the one lane, and provide free bus service to Bear Lake forever. Visitors would actually get to the park and Bear Lake faster because they would not be competing with auto traffic congestion like they are now.

The project itself makes it clear that a U.S. highway can indeed be modified to serve local and visitor needs which in turn means that Elkhorn Avenue can be modified to serve local and visitor needs.

By the way, how do I have my real place of residence show up after my name? I live in Estes Park.
SunshineX2

Estes Park, CO

#8 Mar 23, 2013
tstreet wrote:
And another thought or two. This "improvement" will not change the fact that Elkhorn has and will continue to be a bottleneck if the objective is to get people to the National Park. If this plan actually facilitates more people to the Park, Elkhorn will be even more of a bottleneck which will detract from the purpose of the plan.
For a lot less than 56 million dollars, they could close down the road to auto traffic, put Elkhorn on a road diet down to one lane, add two bike lanes on each side of the one lane, and provide free bus service to Bear Lake forever. Visitors would actually get to the park and Bear Lake faster because they would not be competing with auto traffic congestion like they are now.
The project itself makes it clear that a U.S. highway can indeed be modified to serve local and visitor needs which in turn means that Elkhorn Avenue can be modified to serve local and visitor needs.
By the way, how do I have my real place of residence show up after my name? I live in Estes Park.
Good question, so do I. Location had been right for me until today.....glinch in the system?
Ol Geezer

Denver, CO

#9 Mar 23, 2013
Yes traffic is a problem. Maybe a citizens advisory committee might be a path to solving the problem. Suppose we adopt the plan that tstreet suggests. It sounds workable, but where do you divert the traffic to? Hopefully a solution will find it's way to the town engineers and trustee's in the near future. There are so many case scenarios it will be virtually impossible to proceed without steping on somebody's domain.
Fort Mill SC

United States

#10 Mar 24, 2013
is a town government computer, for example, the free computers in the town hall and the visitors center.

So if you don't want Fort Mill to show up as your place of residence, stop submitting from inside town hall.
SunshineX2

Estes Park, CO

#11 Mar 24, 2013
Fort Mill SC wrote:
is a town government computer, for example, the free computers in the town hall and the visitors center.
So if you don't want Fort Mill to show up as your place of residence, stop submitting from inside town hall.
Thanks, tho' could use something a little more realistic and constructive. Let me repeat myself. My location has been 'Estes Park' correctly until yesterday. For the record, always using my home computer. And, I'd like to understand how you reconcile your location guess against the remarks I've posted......anything but an 'insider's' opinion...

Now, if you have a legitimate answer to the problem , please give it....Otherwise, I hope the problem goes away with this post.
Well it will not

Estes Park, CO

#12 Mar 24, 2013
go away until you stop posting from the town hall or visitors center. To repeat:

Fort Mill SC = town hall and visitors center free computers

Broomfield CO = Safeway wi-fi

Austin TX = Starbucks wi-fi

These were all confirmed months ago and we rechecked as recently as one week ago
SunshineX2

Estes Park, CO

#13 Mar 24, 2013
Well it will not wrote:
go away until you stop posting from the town hall or visitors center. To repeat:
Fort Mill SC = town hall and visitors center free computers
Broomfield CO = Safeway wi-fi
Austin TX = Starbucks wi-fi
These were all confirmed months ago and we rechecked as recently as one week ago
LMRO !!!!!. Repeat until you're blue in thr face. And don't give me any WIFI krud. I'm not within three miles of any of those. And, this computer is a PC desk top wired (cable) directly to Baja Internet. I see your batting average continues to stink ! It's 'HAHA/Well' isn't it? You can change the name, but not the style.....
Good for you

Estes Park, CO

#14 Mar 24, 2013
You frequent and vociferous objections would seem to indicate you are hiding something. If you disagree with scientific fact, you can either continue to rail against gravity and the roundness of the earth, or just accept that resonable people will disagree with you, and point out the fallacy of your argument.

Face it, you were caught red handed. I'm sure when your mom caught you in the bathroom working over your tiny wanger, you claimed you were checking for ticks or something. But the evidence overwhelming indicates otherwise.
for example

Broomfield, CO

#15 Mar 25, 2013
this is posted in the local Estes Park Safeway. Predictably, it is routed through Broomfield, and gives a Broomfield address. No other place in Estes Park does this. It only appears if you are in the Estes Park Safeway, or if you live in Broomfield.
I am checking

United States

#16 Mar 25, 2013
in from the Elkhorn Starbucks. Let's see if this Austin things checks out. Of course, it makes sense that someone posting on government affairs would post from a local government computer. So I'm also not buying the "suddenly I'm posting from Fort Mill" argument, when everyone knows the local administrators computers are wired through Fort Mill.
Indeed

United States

#17 Mar 25, 2013
Local Starbucks coffee shops do indeed equal Austin, Texas. So until "Fort Mill" can prove otherwise, he was using a free town computer.

Maybe he is too poor to afford his own computer?
SunshineX2

Estes Park, CO

#18 Mar 25, 2013
Good for you wrote:
You frequent and vociferous objections would seem to indicate you are hiding something. If you disagree with scientific fact, you can either continue to rail against gravity and the roundness of the earth, or just accept that resonable people will disagree with you, and point out the fallacy of your argument.
Face it, you were caught red handed. I'm sure when your mom caught you in the bathroom working over your tiny wanger, you claimed you were checking for ticks or something. But the evidence overwhelming indicates otherwise.
Move on from this nonsense ! Who has what WIFI ID's don't mean caca to the point I'm making. These posts come from exactly what/where I told you. I am not going to educate you on the characteristics of air borne transmiissions ; skips/bounces-dead spots- crossover/bleeding (ever hear someone else on your phone at the same time your using it?)....and only God knows what BAJA & The Trail have going in their soft/hardware....

I see you cannot get away from your immature insults. As I said, your style remains ..........
SunshineX2

Estes Park, CO

#19 Mar 25, 2013
Indeed wrote:
Local Starbucks coffee shops do indeed equal Austin, Texas. So until "Fort Mill" can prove otherwise, he was using a free town computer.
Maybe he is too poor to afford his own computer?
LMAO ! The insults, innuendo go on ! Get out of the school yard. Please, before you try the dreaded "Double Dog Dare You" challenge....{{{SHUDDER-SHUDDE R}}}
What fun

United States

#20 Mar 25, 2013
You continue to "bleed over" into a local government computer. And you continue to come back to this rather than simply ignore it and move on to whatever point you were trying to make. Watch out, you body may turn into jello and float under the door and out into Lake Estes from the visitors center.

Ever heard the warning "Thou doth protest too much"?

You are starting to make a bigger a** of yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
November is national home care and hospice month Nov 14 Calvin James 1
Man rescued from Colorado department store's walls Nov 13 DILF 7
Review: T V Service Center Oct '14 bill Brennan 4
Boulder researcher: 2013's flood-triggering rai... Oct '14 Boulder Jeep Fan 1
Review: Affordable Dentures - Walter E Schneide... (Feb '11) Sep '14 Lee 25
Learn to be a ham radio operator (Nov '13) Sep '14 HAM 12345 2
Review: Pati's Hair Care-Best Little Hair House... Aug '14 Pamela Mead Krull 1

Winter Storm Warning for Larimer County was issued at November 22 at 9:50PM MST

Estes Park Dating
Find my Match