Estero's Za Za Serious Pizza closes

May 20, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News Press

The white letters denoting ZaZa Serious Pizza have been peeled off the restaurant's door.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated May 31, 2011
Jane

AOL

#1 Jun 7, 2009
why did they close??? My husband & I thought this was the best Italian restaurnat around. Do they plan to open up any where else?
John C

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2009
Never had Za's, but you might try Mama Angie's at Junkanoo. Probably my favorite pizza of all time.
pete

Fort Myers, FL

#3 Sep 30, 2009
no wonder they closed. 1-frozen pizza dough. 2 frozen boxed meatballs. 3-very poor managment.4 a server who leaves your table (while takeing your order)to take a personal phone call !.i am not surprised at all that they closed,i dont know any great italian restutaunt who doesnot make there own dough / or meatballs.... this is basic,and if you cant make a meatball you will not be open long.
ForrestGump

Brooklyn, NY

#4 May 31, 2011
hmm, now I see why its called Sa Za in Montgomery, and Newnan I hear just opened. Its clear the Naples location was forced to close. Most have lost the rights to the name to the Repo. I will say the food in Montgomery is good, but inconsistent lately. Everyone always wondered why the pizza dough came in frozen and meatballs. Its an open kitchen, YOU CAN SEE EVERYTHING, even when they make the OVER GARLICKY SALTY Garlic Styxx! They come from a box. I enjoyed the pasta dishes over all, Bolognese is great, but would be better without the cream. Grandmas Sunday Sauce has a ton of flavor! but quite heavy in the spring and summer. I cant understand why not one of the pasta is fresh though, like a gnocchi, or ravioli. ITALIANS LOVE TO MAKE AT LEAST ONE FRESH IN HOUSE. Everyone including the Chef rave about the Angel Hair Pasta dish???? They along with the owner must have a dead palate not to realize the spinach is frozen.. 4 Star dish? By means of what Food Critic? From Montgomery? Sorry AL, this is home, but I travel in the forces, and we are 25 yrs behind in the culinary scene. That dish could be magical, but its just ok to me. It was fun eating here the 1st yr, but there is no excitement, the food lacks inventiveness, site the Salmon Dish, which is pretty good, but ITS from France and not Italian. No one remembers Dijonaise from 15+ yrs ago on every menu? Shouldnt it be with some kind of oreganata crust, which is Italian, and some kind of Saffron Tomato Sauce sauce finished with fresh Parsley & Basil? Tarragon Beurre Blanc? French. Im not a foodie, at least I think Im not, but I travel the world and eat out often. Soldiers dont have time to cook :-)

Hope this place gets the "IT" back that it used to have. Dont agree with designer wearing Sinner Shirts, but I spoke with him when I have been in from time to time and seems to have been Chefin everywhere and has a world of exposure. He talked about his Famous Wet Paint Cafe in Canada. Sounded AWESOME! Montgomery needs something like that. My excitement deceased for that idea as I found out it only lasted one yr in Toronto.

http://www.chefdb.com/pl/2288/Joe-DiMaggios-W...
Opened in '95, closed in '96

Starting to believe this is a pattern for this chef, and all the press he gets for his success is carefully constructed from the man himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Fri Sur 13 Beat 2,959
Tiny dogs and naked homeowner scare away would-... (Nov '09) Thu Diamond Daisy 15
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Aug 28 Liberal forever 2,121
Naples woman steals cell mate's debit card number Aug 23 NWAC 18
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Aug 23 Sadira Snape 2,456
Cape man allegedly shakes baby, causing permane... Aug 21 blah 21
13-year-old indicted as adult for murder of hom... Aug 20 LEO 477 1
•••
•••
•••

Estero Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Estero People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE