Highlighting Our Heroes in the Fight ...

Highlighting Our Heroes in the Fight for Transgender Rights

There are 2 comments on the FavStocks story from Nov 25, 2012, titled Highlighting Our Heroes in the Fight for Transgender Rights. In it, FavStocks reports that:

As Transgender Awareness Week 2012 concludes, today we feature three of our heroic clients who've made our work to end discrimination against transgender people possible.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FavStocks.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Nov 25, 2012
These are not heros!(Heroines) These are foot soldiers! Grunts in the trenches! The real heros and heroines frequently are dead! Like Gwen Araujo or Angie Zapata Or they're more like Lynn Conway, Sylvia Rivera, Virginia Prince or Phyllis Randolph Frey! People who been burned by society and made significant changes IN A HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT! No one whose seen the evolution of Transgenderism from a Indictable offense to a tolerated situation can honestly call this hostile as it is now. Yes, I know there's some small incidents, I don't deny it, but go back and study the situation prior to say 1980. I could have been arrested and thrown in the "Drunk Tank" and my screams would not have been heard or answered! From there, I would have been held on some specious charge or remanded to the county asylum for an unspecified amount of time. There I would have been legally tortured with all sorts of treatments from cold wet sheets to a possible lobotomy. It was tough to be a TS in those days!
Regards, Terri

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2 Nov 26, 2012
There are no heroes until the victims stop dying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wifi Wed name withheld 1
Jessica Parr (nee Fagan) Nov 24 Simon Meowgus 3
church of satan Nov '16 TRUMppy 3
News Fairbanks tri-plex fire displaces eight people Nov '16 Wiser 1
News Mountain Children's Home orphans reunite (Oct '06) Aug '15 Judy Holland 5
News TV bounty hunter Duane 'Dog' Chapman weds (May '06) May '15 sex machine 216
News Man charged with wasting moose shot to protect dog (May '13) May '13 Guy 1

Ester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ester Mortgages