Kevin Garner Manslaughter Case

Posted in the Ester Forum

Abigail

Des Moines, IA

#1 Apr 11, 2008
This has been a controversial case from the moment it hit the news stands, and I am curious as to how people feel about it. He has been incarcerated since February of 2007, he was convicted in October of 2007, he was supposed to be sentenced in February of 2008... yet he still sits in jail awaiting his sentence. Judge Randy Olsen sent the case to a three-judge panel, and on April fourth the panel sent it back to Judge Olsen for sentencing. That is six months after his conviction that he still waits to be sentenced, does that seem right to you? How would you feel if you or your loved one was in his position; waiting, wondering, thinking, not knowing? Even a member of the victim's family agreed it was a freak accident. Three different medical examiners had three different opinions; one said she was already dead when Kevin hit her, one says it is impossible to tell with the extraordinary temperature that night, and the third said she was alive. If that is not reasonable doubt then I do not know what is. Also, the victim was laying in the middle of the road, it was 3 a.m., she was three times the legal limit of alcohol and at least twice the recommended dosage of cold medication. I am really curious as to how the local residents of Fairbanks feels about this case.
Brandi

Adairville, KY

#2 Apr 15, 2008
I am not a resident of Fairbanks, but I am a longtime friend of Kevin Garner. This whole ordeal has been trying at its very best for all of us who know and love Kevin. Knowing Kevin as I do, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that he would have stopped had he realized that he had hit her, regardless of her state before the accident. I honestly believe that this case has persisted simply because of the fact that Kevin was himself drinking that night, so the law does not want to let it go, despite the fact that it was, as you stated and as the victim's family have said, nothing more than a freak accident.
Nikki

Westminster, CA

#3 Nov 27, 2012
Does anyone have contact info for Kevin? Does he still get out 2015?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fairbanks approves fees for pipeline assessment 1 hr Fairbanks 1
Review: Mayan Palace (Sep '11) Sep 15 brittanylane 3
Earthquake Unleashes Avalanche Over Sprawling G... Sep 12 other 1
Global warming: New NASA aerial mission to expl... Sep 11 SpaceBlues 3
Moving to Fairbanks? Sep 3 HopefullFairbanks... 1
NASA to Investigate Climate Impacts of Arctic S... Sep 2 bottlecap 3
Moderate earthquake hits region near Fairbanks Sep 1 Pear 1
Ester Dating
Find my Match

Ester Jobs