First Prev
of 2
Next Last
My Math Hero

Ballwin, MO

#1 Aug 10, 2008
This man is my hero! He changed my life. He was one of the few teachers that welcomed me into the very intense Richland environment. Mr. Gisi always demonstrated that he truly wanted us to learn math.“Like signs add, Unlike signs subtract”, has stayed with me throughout my own flourishing teaching career. Thank you Mr. Gisi!!! Holla If You Feel Me!
the good girl

United States

#2 Aug 10, 2008
I also had Mr.Gisi and I hated math but I always enjoyed his class because as long as you did your part you were fine but if you did't you were in trouble. The other teachers blamed everyone for everything and I never was a talker in class now the hallway was another story, but I never wrote as much as I did in Mrs. Ackmans class and I never said one word! That always p####@ me off!!
teacher

Traverse City, MI

#3 Aug 10, 2008
Mr. Gisi is one of the top knoch teachers around. He CARES that you learn.

Since: Aug 08

Penrose, CO

#4 Aug 10, 2008
yeah ole bugger was a good teacher!
hey

United States

#5 Aug 12, 2008
yeah ole bugger was a good teacher!

LOL!!!

United States

#6 Aug 12, 2008
I had him when I was in school and you seriously couldnt ask for a better man.
essex girl

Kennett, MO

#7 Aug 12, 2008
Yes he was such an awesome teacher i really enjoyed his class although i hated math.
his student before

Delphi, IN

#8 Aug 14, 2008
I was also in Mr. Gisi's class years ago and if you did not learn anything from him then you are not going to learn it at all. He was great!!
get a grip

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Aug 15, 2008
I love this man, he is a great guy.
in class Brad Clay, Greg Fowler, and myself sat in the front left corner along with Luke Patrick.
Luke would get to daydreaming and Gisi would catch him (normally after Brad or I pointed out this fact to get Gisi fired up), the blood vein in the center of his forehead would start to pound and he would yell "READ LUKE, READ", Luke would jump and look startled and then Brad or I would show Luke our book and point to where he should start reading. we always pointed to the wrong spot, and he would always start to read were we pointed and Gisi would come unglued. he would climb all over Luke, one day Luke told Gisi to stop attacking him and Gisi turned purple, anger was seething out and he just started shouting "attack, attack, I'll show you attack" finally he stopped, hung his head and just pointed to the door for Luke to leave.
Man those wear good days.
jen

Kennett, MO

#10 Aug 18, 2008
i love that man!!!
Former Student

Oxford, MS

#11 Sep 5, 2008
Gisi was fantasic. Anyone remember "p over b equals n over 100!".. That little tidbit will never leave my memory.
Student

Dexter, MO

#12 Sep 5, 2008
I remember Rachel Caldwell jumping my ass about looking at the clock one day in class. All I did was look up at the clock. Not like I did it alot anyway. She had her picks though and I don't guess I was one of them. Veleeta Stutts was another character. I never learned a damn thing in her class. LOL I guess I learned to type I'm doing that now. But she played the whole hour and everyone got A's... She was a horrible teacher now that I think about it, and being a parent myself. I liked Larry Gisi's class.I'm glad he got this recognition. George Cox too, I hope he is doing well. He really tried with everyone.

Since: Aug 08

Granite City, IL

#13 Sep 26, 2008
mr gisi was a great man i can remember sitting in class and Nick Suiter and Camron Whitiaker would get on his nerves and Nick would get lunch detention everyday... and everyday Nick would get him fired up and say Gisi 11:55 right and Mr Gisi would say no Nick 11:56 11:56 Nick man i would give anything to go back to them days but Mr Gisi was truely an Inspiration....
semojoe

United States

#14 Oct 5, 2008
THE MAN one of the few teachers that really took time to work with the students. I had his class and you always knew when you messed up he always had the same words...11:56!!! The only time he freaked out our class he slammed a bat down on a vacant desk in front of student who was sleeping. Richland HS Lunch $3.00...Soda at lunch $1.25...Mr.Larry Gisi's math experience PRICELESS....
justin

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 6, 2008
this man deserves the best teacher award!
Opinion

Campbell, MO

#16 Dec 3, 2008
HE MAY YELL AND FLICK HIS BOOGERS AND PUT U IN LUNCH DETENTION BUT YOU GOTS TO LOVE THE MAN!! HAHA HE IS SENDING A KID IN MY CLASS RIGHT NOW TO ALTERNATIVE SKEWL MAYBE FOR NOT DOING HIS HOMEWORK SINCE THE FIRST ASSIGNMENT! ALSO HE WONT HEARTLANDS BEST TEACHER AND I SIGNED HIM UP FOR THE WAL-MART THING AND HE WON!! MR GISI IS BY FAR THE BEST TEACHER IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!
Opinion

Campbell, MO

#17 Dec 3, 2008
haha ya i remember p over b = n over 100 we are doing proportions right now n his class man waylon wamble is gettin n alot of trouble along with nathan lol
Just Dropping In

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Dec 3, 2008
Student wrote:
I remember Rachel Caldwell jumping my ass about looking at the clock one day in class. All I did was look up at the clock. Not like I did it alot anyway. She had her picks though and I don't guess I was one of them. Veleeta Stutts was another character. I never learned a damn thing in her class. LOL I guess I learned to type I'm doing that now. But she played the whole hour and everyone got A's... She was a horrible teacher now that I think about it, and being a parent myself. I liked Larry Gisi's class.I'm glad he got this recognition. George Cox too, I hope he is doing well. He really tried with everyone.
I hated Mrs. Caldwell. She always picked on the pretty girls and the slow students. Luckily I was neither so I floated under her radar. She could make you feel as low as whale sh**.
Another Former Student

Ballwin, MO

#19 Dec 15, 2008
Mr. Gisi was a wonderful teacher. He wasn't fooled by the students who didn't use their full potential and would call them out in class. I was one of those students. He made sure we all knew we were valuable and that he believed in us. If it wasn't for the dumb counselor Mrs. Murphy putting me in his class when I made the grade to go into Algebra II, there is a good chance I would have given up on school altogether and got a job flipping burgers. Thank you so much for everything Mr. Gisi. You saved me. :)
hehe

Campbell, MO

#20 Dec 19, 2008
He will always make sure you know what he is teaching he is a WONDERFUL teacher i will never forget him!!!!! Im 1 of his students right now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Essex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Megan Dodds 2 hr Idk 3
erik zerr is a child molesting ugly gross creep 2 hr YUP 8
Pizza Delivery Persons... post your non-tipper... (Feb '09) 3 hr Truth 187
Jessica LeCroy (Mar '09) 3 hr Beauty and the beast 68
Why? 3 hr Even more curios 1
kkk (Nov '12) 4 hr Dad 68
music game (Sep '09) 5 hr Fairydust 10,546

Essex Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance