Mysterious object seen in the New Mex...

Mysterious object seen in the New Mexico sky

There are 5 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Feb 4, 2009, titled Mysterious object seen in the New Mexico sky. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

This picture of the weather balloon was sent in by YouNews user Gary Lyon. He says he captured the image with a telescope and a digital camera.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

Clayton Smith

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2009
Interesting! My wife, while looking out to the eastern sky above the mountains at about 9:00 p.m. on Saturday night from her reclining position near a large window upstairs in our home in Regina, NM, excitedly said to me, "Did you see that? A bright greenish thing just fell out of the sky above the mountains!" In the days following we heard news about the collision of satellites in Siberia, and how debris was seen in Texas. This wasn't the first time she, or we have seen things in the skies above our rural NM home.
Not To Worry

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Feb 16, 2009
It was probably Bill Richardson in his $5.5 million jet.
albert

El Paso, TX

#3 May 15, 2009
wow thats kind of scary it looks like that mexican toy "trompo"

Since: Apr 09

Albuquerque, NM

#4 May 15, 2009
it was obama playing santa claus with bad gas.
Thunderbolt

Clovis, NM

#5 May 15, 2009
The night sky provides many wonders, if one will take the time to look. You can see the Skylab almost every night. I've seen it when it was hooked up to the Shuttle. It can be seen with with the naked eye. Sometimes it's in view for two minutes. That's long, considering it's going 22,000 mph or so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
espanola,nm small community corruption (Feb '15) Oct '17 Esclavo we Jesus 2
bail out (Apr '17) Apr '17 taxpayer 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Feb '17 justice is just a... 7,120
News Study: NM internet speed among slowest in U.S. (Jul '14) Jan '17 You forgot 24
Police Activity Yesterday ? (Jul '16) Jul '16 Pamela Simonton 1
News The Latest: Supporters line up for Trump in Alb... (May '16) May '16 wowed 4
News Bill Clinton to campaign in New Mexico for Hill... (May '16) May '16 Another 26

Espanola Jobs

Personal Finance

Espanola Mortgages