Sound Off! (Jan. 23)

Sound Off! (Jan. 23)

There are 126 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jan 22, 2009, titled Sound Off! (Jan. 23). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

A little while back, the people in Washington were telling us that they can't pay back the money they borrowed from our Social Security.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Disgusted

AOL

#1 Jan 23, 2009
"The message for all law enforcement is it's OK for you to shoot an unarmed man who is running away from you and attempt to cover up the incident and nothing will happen to you. This is in reference to Bush's decision to commute the two border patrol agents from El Paso.

Congratulations, President Bush. You have now solidified your place in the idiotic hall of fame".

The above STUPID comment is one of the better ones. If any of you can imagine a drug runner being unarmed, then there is a bridge in Brooklyn you need to buy.....cheap!

I applaud the commuting of the sentences for these two former border patrol agents who were actually doing their jobs.

“I Put the "B" in ITCH!!”

Since: Jun 08

Wood-Ridge, NJ

#2 Jan 23, 2009
Three years ago, our daughter went through a divorce and lost her health insurance. Then she had an accident, and one night in a hospital cost her $11,000, which we almost couldn't afford. We need the same health care other countries have. They take care of everybody, and no one gets left out.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's divorce and accident. There are plenty of affordable plans on the internet, try going to esurance and find something that your daughter can afford.

I would like to ask you who is going to pay for the type of insurance they have in other countries? Taxpayers? No thanks, I already pay enough taxes.
Piqued

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Jan 23, 2009
Disgusted wrote:
"The message for all law enforcement is it's OK for you to shoot an unarmed man who is running away from you and attempt to cover up the incident and nothing will happen to you. This is in reference to Bush's decision to commute the two border patrol agents from El Paso.
Congratulations, President Bush. You have now solidified your place in the idiotic hall of fame".
The above STUPID comment is one of the better ones. If any of you can imagine a drug runner being unarmed, then there is a bridge in Brooklyn you need to buy.....cheap!
I applaud the commuting of the sentences for these two former border patrol agents who were actually doing their jobs.
Bush and those agents are perfect pals. Employees of the People breaking the National laws and then lying about it.
Hello

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Jan 23, 2009
THEY TRIED TO COVER IT UP!!! If they did nothing wrong, why are they trying to cover it up? I can understand shooting him, but admit you did it. If he was "supposedly" armed, you would have been justified. Since when do we let people who lie and cover up their lies out of prison?
Rob

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 23, 2009
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a motion/proposal to present to you on the pending relocation problem of the terrorists due to Obama’s Executive Order to close Guantanamo Bay.
I propose that all the terrorists being held at Guantanamo Bay be relocated to the states of Illinois and Delaware, the home states of both Obama and Biden. I believe this to be only fair and it fits right into Obama’s “share the wealth” initiatives he preached about during his campaign, by doing so both the President and Vice President would present a shining example of leadership and not the usual “do as I say, not as I do” leadership style common to most politicians.
I mean this is fair, right? Let’s see how these fine Americans in these two states (both liberal) like having “Ramsey El-Kaboom” living in their backyard. I’m sure once this relocation proposal was approved the fine folks of these two states would lose their “victimization” attitude which is most common in liberal ideals for these terrorists. Since Obama had to submit to the liberal left as one of his promises to close down Guantanamo Bay, I submit to you all that this is the course of action that should be taken or at the very least considered.
Remember folks, rhetoric and campaign promises are just that…talk…until they personally impact you and your way of life!
Does anyone want to second my motion?
Psyche Daddy

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jan 23, 2009
My wish today is that Obama pays more attention to professional economist and not our professional poloticians. The economic stimulus plans that I hear about, I don't think, will fix the problem. Don't let the poloticians ruin this country anymore.
Mick

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Jan 23, 2009
"I have an idea about these cowards that join gangs. Take them out of our schools and prisons, take them off the streets and give them back their weapons and send them all to Iraq and Pakistan."

Don't you mean Afghanistan, NOT Pakistan?
Rob

El Paso, TX

#8 Jan 23, 2009
Mick wrote:
"I have an idea about these cowards that join gangs. Take them out of our schools and prisons, take them off the streets and give them back their weapons and send them all to Iraq and Pakistan."
Don't you mean Afghanistan, NOT Pakistan?
Either way, the idea has merit...
Tired of Stupids

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jan 23, 2009
"When stopped at a red light, did it occur to you, if a car has stopped one or two car lengths behind the one in front, it was to avoid blocking an intersection and has nothing to do with being a senior citizen or depth perception?"

No, because they are then blocking the intersection behind them by backing traffic up. And they are impeding traffic, which is illegal.
lcirishman

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Jan 23, 2009
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way, the idea has merit...
Yeah. Drive by shootings from a Humvee. I like that idea.
Dave in LC

Redmond, WA

#11 Jan 23, 2009
If we send people to a war zone with no respect for the law, we open the door for international incidents. The Hells Angels tried to go to Vietnam in the '60s and the government said no for obvious reasons.

As far as insurance through esurance. I have a serious illness, crohn's disease. I checked with an insurance company advertising, "We will insure anyone." They called me and when I told them about my problem, I was immediately denied. I'm too sick for insurance companies and not sick enough for government help. I can't even get a doctors appointment because I have no insurance and I don't qualify for clinics. I am a veteran and the VA won't work with me. I have made peace and I am preparing to die.
Greatest Health System in the World.
RandomJoe

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Jan 23, 2009
Hello wrote:
THEY TRIED TO COVER IT UP!!! If they did nothing wrong, why are they trying to cover it up? I can understand shooting him, but admit you did it. If he was "supposedly" armed, you would have been justified. Since when do we let people who lie and cover up their lies out of prison?
We let them out, after TWO YEARS in prison, when President Bush realized that the mandatory sentence for their offense was too long.

You do realize that a commutation in their sentence does not remove the conviction don't you? This will be with them the rest of their lives and rightfully so from the evidence I have seen.

But 10 years was simply too long. If you can't see that, well that's your problem.
Tired of Stupids

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jan 23, 2009
RandomJoe wrote:
<quoted text>
We let them out, after TWO YEARS in prison, when President Bush realized that the mandatory sentence for their offense was too long.
You do realize that a commutation in their sentence does not remove the conviction don't you? This will be with them the rest of their lives and rightfully so from the evidence I have seen.
But 10 years was simply too long. If you can't see that, well that's your problem.
Yeah, he should have pardoned them. If I see a drug dealer on the streets here, I am going to shoot them. And I guarantee it will clearly be in self defense.
Magua

Las Cruces, NM

#15 Jan 23, 2009
becareful about sending us gang members to iraq we might just join the other side
Magua

Las Cruces, NM

#16 Jan 23, 2009
can you say "dumb idea"
Rob wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a motion/proposal to present to you on the pending relocation problem of the terrorists due to Obama’s Executive Order to close Guantanamo Bay.
I propose that all the terrorists being held at Guantanamo Bay be relocated to the states of Illinois and Delaware, the home states of both Obama and Biden. I believe this to be only fair and it fits right into Obama’s “share the wealth” initiatives he preached about during his campaign, by doing so both the President and Vice President would present a shining example of leadership and not the usual “do as I say, not as I do” leadership style common to most politicians.
I mean this is fair, right? Let’s see how these fine Americans in these two states (both liberal) like having “Ramsey El-Kaboom” living in their backyard. I’m sure once this relocation proposal was approved the fine folks of these two states would lose their “victimization” attitude which is most common in liberal ideals for these terrorists. Since Obama had to submit to the liberal left as one of his promises to close down Guantanamo Bay, I submit to you all that this is the course of action that should be taken or at the very least considered.
Remember folks, rhetoric and campaign promises are just that…talk…until they personally impact you and your way of life!
Does anyone want to second my motion?
Rob

El Paso, TX

#17 Jan 23, 2009
Magua wrote:
can you say "dumb idea"
<quoted text>
Only if you're a liberal...
Rob

El Paso, TX

#18 Jan 23, 2009
Magua wrote:
can you say "dumb idea"
<quoted text>
Hey, sorry about my initial response to you, just a gut reaction, what I meant to say/ask was, why do you think its a dumb idea, I would really like to hear your explaination, thanks..
Woody Woodpecker

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Jan 23, 2009
Magua wrote:
becareful about sending us gang members to iraq we might just join the other side
You already are the other side, loser!
Radical Teacher

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Jan 23, 2009
RandomJoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ten years really was too long. This is a really complex situation. I don't know that they did the "right" thing, but then again I don't think that anyone who hasn't faced that sort of situation has much of a right to judge. I have very mixed emotions any time we try to prosecute law enforcement--they may make mistakes but those mistakes aren't necessarily made with criminal intent. They served two years, that's enough.
NOIP

Palo Alto, CA

#21 Jan 23, 2009
Tired of Stupids wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, he should have pardoned them. If I see a drug dealer on the streets here, I am going to shoot them. And I guarantee it will clearly be in self defense.
Sure and you have a right to do that. But if you try to cover it up even if you know we were right to do so, you deserve to go to jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Mar '16 Paula 6,843
For Espanola, NM, And People Of THis Town Jan '16 Food And 11
Corey Atencio Was Given Free Meal El Paragua Re... Jan '16 marggie 3
87532 city hires, tony valdez warrrior boxer, c... (Feb '15) Jan '16 martinez 2
espanola Police Department lawenforcement (Feb '15) Dec '15 lana93 4
News League of extraordinary New Mexicans (Oct '09) Oct '15 Mariaelenalopez46 5
Editorial: Governor’s energy plan is excellent... (Sep '15) Sep '15 John Ford 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Espanola Mortgages