Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 6450 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

BarbaraZuckerman

Netherlands

#6887 Apr 29, 2014
So, he follows a 5 step way of defaming a dead man, and the other people who are unable to speak by getting airplay by the news media, and re-writing what happened.
It follows this plan:
"Most injustices by powerful groups do not backfire, because they are able to reduce
outrage.
Five methods for reducing outrage over injustice
1. Cover up the action
2. Devalue the target
3. Reinterpret what happened
4. Use official channels to give the appearance of justice
5. Intimidate or reward people involved."
1. Cover up the Action-he directly lied about what happened during each shooting, repeatedly refused to address interviewer's comments, and instead slowly and painfully relayed a obviously pre-scripted set of responses, neever once acknowledging the officer's guilt, his hand in the death, or that Boyd and the others had done NOTHING to cause the response they received.
2. Devalue the Target-all we hear about is how he was mentally ill, and guilty of prior crimes. Given his repeated beeatings and molestations while in state control, and the fact the state does not offer any useful remediation for mistakes or even compensation for doing what they did to him, it's a decoy/distraction. The officers had no reason to fire on him at all.
3. Reinterpret what happened-This was done repeatedly, and the main focus was his mental state, which legally is no grounds for firing on an innocent unarmed man guilty of nothing at all. It's a distraction.
4. Use official channels to give the appearance of justice-Eden has done nothing to correct the mentality NOR the illegal training changes he made which led to the shooting. Instead, his solution is to intimidate, deny, keep killing, and then add one deputy chief (an additional bueracrat and tax burden) who is magically somehow going to be able to track the entire career of each hired officer in the future. What abotu the current ones? How is anyone going to do that? Why haven't the shootings stopped? Because it's smoke and mirrors. If police administrators stopped shootings, they would not have happened to begin with. Given their chief is the oen who re-wrote the manual sanctioning the killings, this is obviously a hedge.
5. Intimidate or reward people involved-It's the first, and if you add in extra jobs for cops with the police to "watch" them, then he has done both.
The solutions given are:
Two conditions for backfire
1. An action is perceived as unjust, unfair, excessive or disproportional.
2. Information about the action is communicated to relevant audiences.
Five approaches for increasing outrage over injustice
1. Expose the action
2. Validate the target
3. Emphasise interpretation of the action as an injustice
4. Mobilise public concern (and avoid official channels)
5. Resist and expose intimidation and rewards
I'll add one more-maintain the outrage, and have an outside audit done on the police brass to see who specifically is causing the problems, and charge them with murder, and make the changes. I'll add firing Berry when the election comes up OR with impeachment. Another is to have Eden fired, set up an independent police watchdog committee with elected people who will oversee and affirm or deny each and every new hire, decide policy chages, and decide the department's budget and priorities, along with new procedures for handling deadly force, and any force at all.
anotherbumpinthe road

Glendale, AZ

#6890 May 1, 2014
Tony Betterton wrote:
Martinez prefers to stick to republican's worst attributes!
Following the anti-Martinez bumper sticker is certainly one of her best yet! LMAO
Tony Betterton

Las Vegas, NV

#6891 May 2, 2014
Regardless of what the two democratic mayors say in her new tv ads she still hates teachers. .
Fat Suzy

United States

#6892 May 7, 2014
Maybe she can save the state another $250K by going on a diet.
505 660 0416truth

Los Alamos, NM

#6894 May 20, 2014
It is wrote:
<quoted text>
idiotic posts attacking teachers from know-nothings and the proposals to steal funding from public education for privatization schemes that verify the continued need for teachers to have a strong representative voice.
Or idiotick accounting shenanigans which make Republican-backed and benefitting construction projections look like actual funding for our schools.
Teachers go! Martinez is damned! By the Catholic church! Look for a ring next time, prosecutor!
Didjer see the retort?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/democraticparty/7-slo...
7 slogans that would be better and more accurate than the one on the Republican National Committee’s new t-shirts
The Republican National Committee is peddling t-shirts with a not-so-inspiring new slogan —“I’ll be damned… I’m a Republican.” Maybe there are Republicans out there who are so shocked to find out they agree with their own party, they need the constant reminder, but we can think of many (many) better slogans. Here are seven:
505 660 0416truth

Los Alamos, NM

#6895 May 20, 2014
Remember, your support of LA cops means more kids get molested, and your kids get more drugs! Say hi to the burrells for me, lapd's latest unpaid gang-harassers!
Martinez TV spot wrong

Santa Fe, NM

#6896 May 21, 2014
Gov. Susana Martinez’s advertisement tying together the state budget, a jet and schoolbooks begins with an inaccurate claim.
“When I took office, we had the largest deficit in history,” says Martinez, a Republican who is seeking re-election this year, in a television ad that began airing this month.

Not so. State senators of both parties say New Mexico had no budget deficit, something that has been true through its 102 years of statehood.
“Her statement is grossly inaccurate,” said state Sen. Carlos Cisneros, D-Questa, a member of the Senate Finance Committee.“New Mexico cannot have deficits by virtue of its constitution. The budget was balanced when she took office. Any other claim is smoke and mirrors.”

After the national recession began in 2008, Neville said, the Legislature and then-Gov. Bill Richardson had to reduce spending to offset steep declines in revenue.

These cutbacks were made for two years before Martinez became governor in January 2011. Neville said the spending reductions between 2009 and early 2011 cut the total amount of the state budget by about $1 billion.

When Martinez’s term began, legislators proposed a budget with various cuts to make sure there would be no deficit when the next fiscal year began in July 2011. Martinez’s own budget proposal ended up being similar to the spending plan submitted to her by legislators.
“If you really go back and look at her first term, she took the LFC [Legislative Finance Committee] budget virtually verbatim,” said Sen. John Arthur Smith, a conservative Democrat from Deming, who has a friendly working relationship with Martinez.The Legislature approved a balanced,$5.4 billion budget in 2011. Martinez then made line-item vetoes totaling about $4 million.

“The ad continues the pattern of this governor to get a message out there that simply isn’t true,” said Morales, one of five Democrats competing for the gubernatorial nomination to run against Martinez in the fall.

In her ad, Martinez also says that inheriting a deficit led her to sell the “luxury jet” that had been purchased by her predecessor, Democrat Richardson.

Martinez campaigned in 2010 on getting rid of the jet, calling it a symbol of the excess of Richardson’s eight years in office. In her ad, Martinez says maintenance costs for the jet were about $250,000 a year.

Instead of spending money on the plane, Martinez said, she started a program in which every first-grader in New Mexico would get a book. This, she says in the ad, encourages kids to read at home during summertime.

Martinez’s statement about every first-grader receiving a book also has generated challenges. Almudena Abeyta, chief academic officer of Santa Fe Public Schools, said the district in the 2013-14 school year did not receive the books the governor mentions in her ad.
In 2012, Abeyta said, the books arrived in summertime.“I found out about them in very late fall when PED [the state Public Education Department] called concerned that they heard reports they hadn’t been delivered,” Abeyta said in an email.

Steve Velasquez, a teacher at Cuba Elementary for six years, also said his school had not received any books.“We are a small school district in Northern New Mexico. There has been an ad on television about how the governor has given away a reading book to all first-graders. Today is the last day of school at our school, and the children have not received the books she promised in her ad,” he said Tuesday in an email.

In a follow-up interview by phone, Velasquez said his school did not receive the books last year either.In some cases, deliveries during the summer break may have snarled the reading program if books did not end up in students’ hands.

But the state’s two largest school districts, Albuquerque and Las Cruces, each received books for first-graders last summer. About 7,500 books were accepted by the Albuquerque district and almost 2,100 were delivered to Las Cruces, said spokespersons for each district.
Corina

Albuquerque, NM

#6897 Jun 14, 2014
Tony Betterton wrote:
Regardless of what the two democratic mayors say in her new tv ads she still hates teachers..
I have a question I'd like to ask the governor (if she actually took questions that mean anything instead of just the ones she wants to answer): "Governor, what will you do to help schools in the fall when there aren't enough teachers when school starts?"

Oh, wait, Skandera just announced another way to measure teachers' success. It will have several consequences. More teachers will be driven away from teaching. NMPED will hire 30 more individuals to oversee teacher reform. Students will not benefit from this system, where there is an ever increasing deficit of professionals who actually care about their students and not just the numbers that those students represent in the teachers' evaluations. By the way, how can anyone tell if schools are improving or not if the standards to measure success change every year, before the data from the last year is available? Every year the bar is moved!

A part of me wonders if Martinez and Skandera could survive if the good citizens of New Mexico made a system to measure their (Martinez and Skandera) success. Ah, here's another sticky point - they have decided they ARE successful. Dang, gotta love these women's brassiness. And if they don't have data that supports it, they make up statistics and leave out stats that show other than what they want the citizens of New Mexico to know.
Corina

Albuquerque, NM

#6898 Jun 14, 2014
Would you be willing to send this as a letter to the editor of the newspapers in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Las Cruces, etc.?
Martinez TV spot wrong wrote:
Gov. Susana Martinez’s advertisement tying together the state budget, a jet and schoolbooks begins with an inaccurate claim.
“When I took office, we had the largest deficit in history,” says Martinez, a Republican who is seeking re-election this year, in a television ad that began airing this month.
Not so. State senators of both parties say New Mexico had no budget deficit, something that has been true through its 102 years of statehood.
“Her statement is grossly inaccurate,” said state Sen. Carlos Cisneros, D-Questa, a member of the Senate Finance Committee.“New Mexico cannot have deficits by virtue of its constitution. The budget was balanced when she took office. Any other claim is smoke and mirrors.”
After the national recession began in 2008, Neville said, the Legislature and then-Gov. Bill Richardson had to reduce spending to offset steep declines in revenue.
These cutbacks were made for two years before Martinez became governor in January 2011. Neville said the spending reductions between 2009 and early 2011 cut the total amount of the state budget by about $1 billion.
When Martinez’s term began, legislators proposed a budget with various cuts to make sure there would be no deficit when the next fiscal year began in July 2011. Martinez’s own budget proposal ended up being similar to the spending plan submitted to her by legislators.
“If you really go back and look at her first term, she took the LFC [Legislative Finance Committee] budget virtually verbatim,” said Sen. John Arthur Smith, a conservative Democrat from Deming, who has a friendly working relationship with Martinez.The Legislature approved a balanced,$5.4 billion budget in 2011. Martinez then made line-item vetoes totaling about $4 million.
“The ad continues the pattern of this governor to get a message out there that simply isn’t true,” said Morales, one of five Democrats competing for the gubernatorial nomination to run against Martinez in the fall.
In her ad, Martinez also says that inheriting a deficit led her to sell the “luxury jet” that had been purchased by her predecessor, Democrat Richardson.
Martinez campaigned in 2010 on getting rid of the jet, calling it a symbol of the excess of Richardson’s eight years in office. In her ad, Martinez says maintenance costs for the jet were about $250,000 a year.
Instead of spending money on the plane, Martinez said, she started a program in which every first-grader in New Mexico would get a book. This, she says in the ad, encourages kids to read at home during summertime.

SECTION DELETED BECAUSE THERE WERE TOO MANY CHARACTERS - READ THE ORIGINAL POST.....

But the state’s two largest school districts, Albuquerque and Las Cruces, each received books for first-graders last summer. About 7,500 books were accepted by the Albuquerque district and almost 2,100 were delivered to Las Cruces, said spokespersons for each district.
35 years NM experience

Rio Rancho, NM

#6899 Jun 15, 2014
Quality teachers were easier to get and keep before the teachers union was involved. I spent 35 years in NM education and enjoyed it until the union came in. Thanks to "BIG BILL".
Yeah Sure

Alamogordo, NM

#6900 Jun 15, 2014
35 years NM experience wrote:
Quality teachers were easier to get and keep before the teachers union was involved. I spent 35 years in NM education and enjoyed it until the union came in. Thanks to "BIG BILL".
that you were a teacher and that who hated his/her union.... you republican phony.
Tony Betterton

United States

#6901 Jun 16, 2014
Maybe Susanna should go back to being a security guard at church bingo games.
Zinks

Taos, NM

#6903 Jun 25, 2014
Marge wrote:
It's about time we have a governor who cares about the little guy! Hurrah for you, Susanna!!!!
WOW some clueless idiot. She is helpful to the Texan oil men who furnish 90% of her Campaign money. Wonder why!
Grandma Susana

Anonymous Proxy

#6904 Jun 25, 2014
From Governator Martinez to all the children of New Mexico:

Boys and girls, here is the secret to being successful. Good values, ethics and competency are not important. Lie, cheat, steal and deceive. Bully those who get in your way. Street smarts is what you need. That is how you succeed. It’s okay if you are at the bottom because those statistics don’t matter anyway. No one pays attention to that in the real world, at least not in New Mexico.

Learn from my “leadership” on what it takes to be successful. Watch the ads as I sucker punch Gary King to the point where he is toothless and knocked out before he even starts to swing. Notice how it doesn’t matter that I am a failure as a real leader as the economy continues to tank and you’re education has made you dumber than all the other children in the US. All that matters is that I bully and distract from my failure to lead. New Mexico is on a death spiral, both the economy and it’s perception in the US and now internationally. Note how I calculatingly distract from the truth about my results by changing the subject, bullying my opponent and putting my effort into destroying those who don’t submit. Street smarts! Note how your parents agree with my leadership by their silence and complacency. Note how they are not enraged by the destruction of New Mexico by my failed leadership and just go about their daily lives as your future darkens. Some even support me and will vote for me as they have learned the valuable lesson of being a bully! Get your education from the streets, not in the classroom. Bully! And if you have a gun, more POWER to you!

The moral of the story and today’s valuable street-smart lesson for you, boys and girls of New Mexico, is substance is not important. Hard work, competency and good values are not important. All that matters is that you maintain your form and image. Stop at nothing! Bully and attack if you must. Never, never give anyone an opportunity to even mention your failure. If they do, just follow my lead and watch my ads on how to sucker punch them.

So if you want to succeed in life, follow my lead and just be a street-smart bully!

I’m the Governator and I approve this message as a grandmother and role model to all the boys and girls in New Mexico and their parents who want to succeed in the streets-gangster style. It works!
dontdrinktheNato rade

Scottsdale, AZ

#6906 Jun 26, 2014
Grandma Susana wrote:
From Governator Martinez to all the children of New Mexico:
Boys and girls, here is the secret to being successful. Good values, ethics and competency are not important. Lie, cheat, steal and deceive. Bully those who get in your way. Street smarts is what you need. That is how you succeed. It’s okay if you are at the bottom because those statistics don’t matter anyway. No one pays attention to that in the real world, at least not in New Mexico.
Learn from my “leadership” on what it takes to be successful. Watch the ads as I sucker punch Gary King to the point where he is toothless and knocked out before he even starts to swing. Notice how it doesn’t matter that I am a failure as a real leader as the economy continues to tank and you’re education has made you dumber than all the other children in the US. All that matters is that I bully and distract from my failure to lead. New Mexico is on a death spiral, both the economy and it’s perception in the US and now internationally. Note how I calculatingly distract from the truth about my results by changing the subject, bullying my opponent and putting my effort into destroying those who don’t submit. Street smarts! Note how your parents agree with my leadership by their silence and complacency. Note how they are not enraged by the destruction of New Mexico by my failed leadership and just go about their daily lives as your future darkens. Some even support me and will vote for me as they have learned the valuable lesson of being a bully! Get your education from the streets, not in the classroom. Bully! And if you have a gun, more POWER to you!
The moral of the story and today’s valuable street-smart lesson for you, boys and girls of New Mexico, is substance is not important. Hard work, competency and good values are not important. All that matters is that you maintain your form and image. Stop at nothing! Bully and attack if you must. Never, never give anyone an opportunity to even mention your failure. If they do, just follow my lead and watch my ads on how to sucker punch them.
So if you want to succeed in life, follow my lead and just be a street-smart bully!
I’m the Governator and I approve this message as a grandmother and role model to all the boys and girls in New Mexico and their parents who want to succeed in the streets-gangster style. It works!
Yeah Baby, Mother Jones on steroids. The Truth! Bring it!
grandfunkrailroa d

Scottsdale, AZ

#6907 Jun 26, 2014
CORRUPT LEADERSHIP KILLS wrote:
Albuquerque and New Mexico at the bottom again!
Brookings: Albuquerque in double-dip recession
The area is dead last among the 100 largest U.S. metro areas in terms of its recovery from the recession, Brookings said.
This is exactly what happens when you create a culture of corruption as Martinez and Berry have created. They were supposed to make government more efficient. Instead what they have done is gut government and funneled the last of the money remaining to their elite circle, like Perry’s and Eden’s exorbitant salaries for their incompetent performance. Even Nieto, the president of Mexico, has figured out that the corruption is preventing investors from bringing business into the economy and is cleaning up its government. It’s time the citizens of NM demand that the corruption STOP as it’s killing this economy. Everybody is leaving and no one wants to invest here. Can you blame them?
The only way we will get this fixed is WE THE PEOPLE demand better leaders and an ethical and honest government NOW!
www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/news/2014/06/...
And I question the real estate statistics in this article. Is it another manipulation by the Martinez/Berry propaganda machine? In my area, asking prices of homes a year ago were approximately $130 a square foot. Now they are ASKING less than $80 a square foot. Monitor weekly and watch the asking prices, how many homes are listed and how many homes have their asking prices reduced in your neighborhood at www.swmls.com if you want to know the REAL story.
LET’S UNITE AND START FIXING THIS CRISIS!
WOW! Another worst-first place finish for the governor!

Now that's Some Kind of Wonderful...job!
dontvoterepub

Los Alamos, NM

#6911 Aug 5, 2014
We went from being 35th to 40th-50th nationwide under Gov. Johnson. Then, people complained about Richardson's "ethics" after he tried advancing a tax initiative against Walmart and other companies who take our money, but don' pay taxes or officially incorporate here. Then Martinez's one tax initiative made that permanent, and we start losing money and jobs.

The only people she helped were white rich people from CA and TX. Who cares? The money should go to Nm's, not Martinez's pimps.

vote for Gary King come November. Remember what it was like under his Dad? Jobs everywhere, no major problems, we were thinking of building a bullet train? The current guber changed the law to make it so we just "assume" seniors who failed the sba graduate the next year, and even with that lie, we are still in last place. Instead of actually deciding on a new strategy like how to educate and pay for it, without the money going for big building projects, she instead gave them a book, as if they couldn't go to the library, and then holds them back indefinitely when they can't pass.

Vote for Gary King, come November. She's an outsider, vote for someone whose family made NM great back In the day.

Her appointee Gordon Eden changed NMLEA curricula that helped make the murders possible. Now, ABQ is paying out In record numbers because their officers followed it.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6912 Oct 10, 2014
Well it's been awhile. but I'm sticking to the issues.

I'd like Susana Martinez to explain why she instituted criminal proceedings against me when she knew no crime occurred.

For everyone else who might jump in and say I might be beating a dead horse...oh no...see what you don;t understand is what Susana Martinez did is actually a first degree felony.

It's on record where they are clearly discussing that nothing happened. That the events they later swore to never occurred and yet then go on to discuss how they were going to get me and that I deserved it.

It's all on record and even more so in her possession or at least it was...seems she and Amy Orlando like to destroy evidence...

And I would love to post the evidence for all to see, but it is election time and as ignorant people do they'll just assume it's politically motivated and not evidence of a crime. Or as her supporters love to do, wash it off and pretend it never happened.

But of course the statute of limitations has passed...or has it...
Martinez is the Greatest

Alamogordo, NM

#6913 Oct 10, 2014
You again? You are a criminal that is why. She wins AGAIN!

EASY!
Tony Betterton

Phoenix, AZ

#6914 Oct 10, 2014
What's happening with her mental health provider hustle. The provider here in Alamo was found not to have committed fraud, Why is the outfit from AZ. Still. Providing services. Her husband looks and dresses like a Sinoloa Cartel member.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Emails: Supervising attorneys knew about rehab,... Jun '15 RECALL NOW 1
News Business leaders throw support behind San Juan ... May '15 Solarman 1
News Jicarilla jingle dress (Feb '06) May '15 Wanda 2
The Slugs to Sludge Wastewater 5K Apr '15 Jessica Mosleh 1
News Small town takes on Corporate America (Mar '15) Mar '15 Shopper 2
espanola nm corruption ;) , i am everywhere a m... (Feb '15) Feb '15 thomas 2
espanola,nm open investigation with help of ex ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 gallegos tita 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Espanola Mortgages