Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 6450 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

RaiseWages Now

Los Alamos, NM

#4985 Jan 30, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually to this very day.So you have Barbara Browder enforcing a penalty that as a State agent she has no right to do.
Now for others...Sarcastic Bombastic, Jeff Murphy, Darren, among others. Granted this is the internet, but the line of free speech is drawn at defamation.
"Spreading false information in and of itself carries no First Amendment credentials." Herbert v. Lando, 441 U.S. 153, 99 S.Ct. 1635, 60 L.Ed.2d 115 (1979)
"Under the First Amendment there is no such thing as a false idea." Gertz v. Robert Welch Inc., 418 U.S. 323, 94 S.Ct. 2997, 41 L.Ed.2d 789 (1974)
"[T]he knowingly false statement and the false statement made with reckless disregard of the truth, do not enjoy constitutional protection." Garrison v. State of Louisiana, 379 U.S. 64, 85 S.Ct. 209, 13 L.Ed.2d 125 (1964)
Some people treat the Constitution as just another piece of paper. They do not care that people died to protect those very rights.
I have been a victi mof it too, it is called a "smear campaighn". I was told at the Y, by a staff member, then later by others, and my church, that it was my fault, since I fought back to clear myself. Yup, was told too, I was responsible for staff telling sex stories while trying to get a problem worked out.

Each perso nwho got the ball rolling, is someoen with seriosu other problems-liek they were a pstor, and destroyed their own church, and aren ow doing it somehwere else, or were sued successfully to stop rumors, or cannot pass a background check for the school system, but spread around I beat kids.

Always a guilty person of some sort.

True for you, too?
Go girl

Alamogordo, NM

#4986 Jan 31, 2013
Thank God for Martinez. This state is finally great again.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#4987 Jan 31, 2013
RaiseWages Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been a victi mof it too, it is called a "smear campaighn". I was told at the Y, by a staff member, then later by others, and my church, that it was my fault, since I fought back to clear myself. Yup, was told too, I was responsible for staff telling sex stories while trying to get a problem worked out.
Each perso nwho got the ball rolling, is someoen with seriosu other problems-liek they were a pstor, and destroyed their own church, and aren ow doing it somehwere else, or were sued successfully to stop rumors, or cannot pass a background check for the school system, but spread around I beat kids.
Always a guilty person of some sort.
True for you, too?
I just find the New Mexico system a tad corrupt. Are there honest people within? Of course, but it seems they are the minority.

For instance...

Years ago I get a speeding ticket in Clovis. It was about $150 I tried to set a hearing for it. I followed the instructions that were given, but they couldn't find a record. I called all over and they couldn't find a record of the citation. I gave them my name, the ticket number everything and nothing on the system. So I thought maybe they erased, months alter I get a demand to appear in court to explain why I haven't taken care of the ticket.

I called that same day and again...no record.

WTH!

So then I go out to a DMV office, a court in Anthony and even drove to Cruces and at all 3 places no record. Now before anyone says of course those places didn't have it, it was a Clovis ticket.

HAHAHA - well strange considering the ticket said I could take care of it "anywhere" in the state.

So I called the Clovis court AGAIN and once again NO RECORD!

So I let it go and then got a notice for a court hearing. I go explain the entire situation to the judge and she says I didn't try to take care of it so she increased the fine to $330!

WTH!

Fine whatever she orders that I pay the fine right then so I go to another place where she told me to go pay and guess what, NO RECORD. So I go back to the court and tell the judge the exact crap is still happening, so then she gets on the computer, can't find it herself even says, "that's not right." Then does some hocus pocus, "there it is." sssuuurrreee, whatever so I pay the damn fine and not once did she apologize.

So she had proof that I couldn't take care of something they couldn't find, but still enforced an unreasonable fine knowing I was right.

Are there honest people in the New Mexico judicial system? If the question even needs to be asked that really says something.
ingumreport

Glendale, AZ

#4988 Jan 31, 2013
Go girl wrote:
Thank God for Martinez. This state is finally great again.
I thank God every day for being:

anti-witchhunt
anti-mistaken pumpkin
anti-ineptness
anti-corruption
anti-bullying
anti-SWAMP...and sending the Martinez' 4 swamp appointees packing!
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#4989 Jan 31, 2013
MartinezLies wrote:
Martinez Pretense of Open Govít Collapses
January 18, 2013
On December 28th, the New Mexico Attorney Generalís office ordered the Martinez administration to provide to ISPAC documents related to the Louisiana hunting trip taken by Martinez husband Chuck Franco and two state police officers from the governorís security detail.
Despite telling the media that they would produce the documents they have yet to do so some twenty days after being ordered to provide them.
In addition to promising the voters a transparent government if elected, Martinez told the New Mexico press that her administration would strive to produce documents in less than the 15-day maximum allowable time frame under the Inspection of Public Records Act.
But ISPAC is not alone in having to wait for public records especially those relating to the Dirty Downs deal.
http://www.independentsourcepac.com/martinez-...
All politicians, regardless of party, do this.

Richardson bought that nice jet at tax payer expense so he could go visit his mama in old Mexico and line deals up for himself for his life after being Gov.

They all do it. By now it should not be a shock.

The problem with politicians are they are great at spending someone's else's hard earned money (usally to benefit themselves or cronnies) and having no accountability.
ingumreport

Glendale, AZ

#4990 Jan 31, 2013
Ex- El Paso Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
All politicians, regardless of party, do this.
Richardson bought that nice jet at tax payer expense so he could go visit his mama in old Mexico and line deals up for himself for his life after being Gov.
They all do it. By now it should not be a shock.
The problem with politicians are they are great at spending someone's else's hard earned money (usally to benefit themselves or cronnies) and having no accountability.
It shouldn't be a shock allright, especially when their number one platform that they(Martinez) ran on back in 2010 was anti-corruption!
Martinez is great

Alamogordo, NM

#4991 Feb 1, 2013
Finally I am proud of this state. This is the first time in my life I have actually been proud of being a resident of New Mexico. Martinez has brought respect back to us. I saw fat Bill Richardson on the Hannity show last night and he sounded stupid as usual. I can't believe that wind bag is not in prison.
ingumreport

Glendale, AZ

#4992 Feb 1, 2013
Im so proud of the new DA and his assistants for going both ways. This is probably the first time since Daniel Rivera's book(Disintegrating Justice) came out that the 17 year-old stench is finally gone! Common sense, integrity, professionalism,working within the law. that's all it took to blow out the swamp!
Let us know when the Martinez momentum pep rally parade is scheduled.....to head to Santa Fe.lol

Good Riddance!
Martinez is great

Alamogordo, NM

#4993 Feb 1, 2013
That pep rally train is firing up, all aboard! She wins this thing again easy and there is nothing any of you losers can do about it. Thank God for Martinez..

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4994 Feb 1, 2013
Time to remind the naysayers:

Susana is good,
Susana is great.
Break out the chocolate cake!
Susana Martinez, good for you NM!!!

Round two will be even better than round one!

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#4995 Feb 1, 2013
What?!?

Corndogz?

I'm still waiting for you or any Martinez supporter to explain how she cut the rebate for the film industry which was returning to them their own money, but she signs a law eliminating the fuel tax for the locomotive industry which would have been continual state income.

She either failed at Math or she listens to people like you hahahahaha
The best ever

Alamogordo, NM

#4996 Feb 1, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
What?!?
Corndogz?
I'm still waiting for you or any Martinez supporter to explain how she cut the rebate for the film industry which was returning to them their own money, but she signs a law eliminating the fuel tax for the locomotive industry which would have been continual state income.
She either failed at Math or she listens to people like you hahahahaha
She does what is bet for this state just like our great President does what is best for this country. I suppose you have issues with president obama also?

“The Gruber pile lies still”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4999 Feb 2, 2013
Martinez is great wrote:
Finally I am proud of this state. This is the first time in my life I have actually been proud of being a resident of New Mexico. Martinez has brought respect back to us. I saw fat Bill Richardson on the Hannity show last night and he sounded stupid as usual. I can't believe that wind bag is not in prison.
Where the hell are you from? Arkansas or Mississippi? Because Arkansas, Mississippi and New Mexico are at the bottom of all 50 states with 40% of working families in their repective states classified as working poor. And that number hasn't changed in the last two years.

Location hidden

#5000 Feb 2, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
Susana is good,
Susana is great.
She is 0-7 with the New Mexico Supreme Court.

She is 0-4 with the voters regarding her appointees at District.

She has the F.B.I., Attorney General's Office and NM State Auditor's office investigating her.

She is responsible for the Slevin $22 million dollar D.U.I. derivitive.

Martinez and Orlando get spoon fed a directed verdict on a five year old witch-hunt case, wasting hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars.

We have a book out exposing the corruption, bullying and above-the-law actions of the DA\s office the last 17 years. www.disintegratingjustice.com

Corney, were going to need a lot more cake for round two
Martinez is great

Alamogordo, NM

#5001 Feb 2, 2013
This state is finally heading in the right direction. You go girl. Your approval rating is over 90%.

Location hidden

#5002 Feb 2, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
Susana is good,
Susana is great.
The voters has a bad case of 'nayfever' last November with her 4 appointees....or maybe they're just tired of the same old dirty cake.
Martinez is great

Alamogordo, NM

#5003 Feb 2, 2013
She wins a new term easy. She reminds me of our great Presidnet Obama. We are finally a respectable state again.
Wondering

Los Angeles, CA

#5004 Feb 2, 2013
Martinez is great wrote:
She wins a new term easy. She reminds me of our great Presidnet Obama. We are finally a respectable state again.
Are you the same guy, besides Dick Morris & Karl Rove, that actually thought Mitt Romney was going to win???
Martinez is the Greatest

Alamogordo, NM

#5005 Feb 3, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the same guy, besides Dick Morris & Karl Rove, that actually thought Mitt Romney was going to win???
I am the same guy who predicted Obama would win, I am the same guy who predicted Martinez would win, I am the same guy who predicted Obama would win again, I am the same guy who predicted Martinez will win again. Get used to it whiner, if she was a democrat you would be slobbering all over her..
Wondering

Los Angeles, CA

#5006 Feb 3, 2013
Martinez is the Greatest wrote:
<quoted text>I am the same guy who predicted Obama would win, I am the same guy who predicted Martinez would win, I am the same guy who predicted Obama would win again, I am the same guy who predicted Martinez will win again. Get used to it whiner, if she was a democrat you would be slobbering all over her..
If she was a Democrat, I would be for immediately changing parties!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Emails: Supervising attorneys knew about rehab,... Jun '15 RECALL NOW 1
News Business leaders throw support behind San Juan ... May '15 Solarman 1
News Jicarilla jingle dress (Feb '06) May '15 Wanda 2
The Slugs to Sludge Wastewater 5K Apr '15 Jessica Mosleh 1
News Small town takes on Corporate America Mar '15 Shopper 2
espanola nm corruption ;) , i am everywhere a m... (Feb '15) Feb '15 thomas 2
espanola,nm open investigation with help of ex ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 gallegos tita 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Espanola Mortgages