Cell-phone campaign pushes immigratio...

Cell-phone campaign pushes immigration reform

There are 35 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Jun 1, 2009, titled Cell-phone campaign pushes immigration reform. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

The bronze statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe towered over close to 100 people who gathered Monday afternoon in an effort to push for immigration reform.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Torchwood

San Gabriel, CA

#26 Jun 2, 2009
eegreejus wrote:
<quoted text>With all the snitches and rats there are in your county, how do they get away with it? Or are you accusing your social services professionals of gross incompetence? These cases are viewed and reviewed. You wouldn't think a bunch of uneducated peones would be able to bamboozle so many college educated social workers, many with masters degrees, would you? If all you xenophobes are gonna BS us think up something innovative. Give us something fresh to titillate our imaginations. To feed our nightmares of hordes of unwashed brown humanity assaulting our borders, engulfing our cities, smothering our support systems...Les(incredible)
You must be incredibly naive as there has been many social services people posting that there are illegal aliens that apply and get social service, but there is nothing that they can do about it because their system is not set up to detect these illegal aliens. Did you know in Nebraska that need for Social Services went down 20% when they required verifiable SSNs?
Torchwood

San Gabriel, CA

#27 Jun 2, 2009
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
There is nothing xenophobic about advocating LEGAL immigration. And to those "living in fear' and "having families torn apart": this would not be happening if you were here legally.
When your first act in entering the US is a crime, you place your security and that of your family's security at risk. I have no sympathy for the perpetrators of crime. The children are innocent victims of the lack of responsibility of the parents.
Agreed!
Sam Lopez-Mateo

Santa Fe, NM

#28 Jun 2, 2009
Torchwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of these immigrants are not legal, but illegal aliens - so please do not use immigrants when you mean illegal aliens!
So, where do you think the legal term originated from relating to the word of "Immigrants" verses "Illegal Aliens?"
Honestly

United States

#29 Jun 2, 2009
eegreejus wrote:
<quoted text>Not true! Social Services, in any of our states, don't give welfare to undocumented people. They may provide AFDC to families with US born children and perhaps wic support. Social services staff are no more interested in funding undocumented immigration than you are. Why do y'all keep retelling these lies?
It used to be, when work got scarce up here in el norte, that the workers would go back home to Mexico and come back when work picked up again. But now, since we've beefed up border "security" they're afraid to go home 'cause they might not be able to get back in. Today they're just hunkering down, waiting...Like the rest of us. But without the bailout...Les
That is why they are so good at forging document. There's a saying that applies here: "There is no right way to do the wrong thing".
Sadly, one they cross illegally into this country, virtually their whole lives are made up of subsequent, continuous, contiguous lawbreaking to sustain their existence. The good will and money have run out. It is time to figure out a way to fix each and everyone of their home towns, in Mexico, so they can be fit for their overdue homecoming - over there.
SAM

Washington, DC

#30 Jun 2, 2009
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
There is nothing xenophobic about advocating LEGAL immigration. And to those "living in fear' and "having families torn apart": this would not be happening if you were here legally.
When your first act in entering the US is a crime, you place your security and that of your family's security at risk. I have no sympathy for the perpetrators of crime. The children are innocent victims of the lack of responsibility of the parents.
The maily Central Americans here in the
DC area time after time tell me that they have 2 or 4 or all their children in El Salvador living with sisters or parents.

They choose to live selpare from them for $$$.
They send the $$$ "home".

They have more babies here
-anchor-
and then give this blatant coached lie that WE are tearing their families apart!

Theu are the ones always putting innocent children at risk of losin their parents, and the place they grew up-if here! All for MONEY.
I am nearing the end of my tether!
Curious

San Diego, CA

#31 Jun 2, 2009
If they are in such a bind, where do they get the money to pay for their cell phone bill to do all this texting? Oh thats right, they don't have to pay taxes, so they have plenty left over for that.

Since: Sep 08

La Madera, NM

#32 Jun 2, 2009
Sam Lopez-Mateo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, where do you think the legal term originated from relating to the word of "Immigrants" verses "Illegal Aliens?"
The difference is in intent. An immigrant is one that moves to a place with the intent of being a permanent resident and owing allegiance to that country.

An alien is a visitor, one who intends to return to their native land.

The use of the word immigrant is a euphemism. Sells better than alien.
Good Night

Albuquerque, NM

#33 Jun 2, 2009
I have to admit, as a liberal, that creating a city in which illegals are welcomed has damaged an already broken system to the point of collapse. Our school system is basically gone and with it, the middle class. I am tired but so disgusted that we are not doing anything about it...Mayor Coss is a big failure of a human being...
Torchwood

San Gabriel, CA

#34 Jun 2, 2009
Sam Lopez-Mateo wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal alien is the government description and illegal immigrant is the th more common term. "Immigrants" is the pro-illegals term to soften the blow of the illegal aliens status plus confuse the general public to the real status of the illegal aliens compared to the resident legal aliens!
Torchwood

San Gabriel, CA

#35 Jun 2, 2009
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>That is why they are so good at forging document. There's a saying that applies here: "There is no right way to do the wrong thing".
Sadly, one they cross illegally into this country, virtually their whole lives are made up of subsequent, continuous, contiguous lawbreaking to sustain their existence. The good will and money have run out. It is time to figure out a way to fix each and everyone of their home towns, in Mexico, so they can be fit for their overdue homecoming - over there.
Agreed!
eegreejus

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#36 Jun 3, 2009
Whine, moan and groan all you want...They ain't goin' nowheres...Their home is here...They are home. Their assimilation is gaining momentum as we speak, like a snowball rolling down a hill...I find it sort of ironic that the south, having spent so much time and energy ridding themselves of indigenous peoples by expelling them or just killing them off, are now experiencing their return. These hard working brown brothers and sisters of Cherokees,Creeks, etc. are Hispanic in name only. They are no more Hispanic than P.Diddy is British...Les(cantheUSbetheChr istiancountryitsaysitis?)
NIP 2010

Saint Louis, MO

#37 Jun 3, 2009
The Illegal aliens can afford cell phones but gets taxpayer assistance?
Torchwood

San Gabriel, CA

#38 Jun 3, 2009
eegreejus wrote:
Whine, moan and groan all you want...They ain't goin' nowheres...Their home is here...They are home. Their assimilation is gaining momentum as we speak, like a snowball rolling down a hill...I find it sort of ironic that the south, having spent so much time and energy ridding themselves of indigenous peoples by expelling them or just killing them off, are now experiencing their return. These hard working brown brothers and sisters of Cherokees,Creeks, etc. are Hispanic in name only. They are no more Hispanic than P.Diddy is British...Les(cantheUSbetheChr istiancountryitsaysitis?)
Thanks by this post you have proven that you carefully crafted persona of being gentle and rightegous has made way for your true racist nasty self!

PC Chavez

“Hee-hee-hee, snort!”

Since: Sep 08

Laguna Beach/Santa Fe

#39 Jun 3, 2009
Torchwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks by this post you have proven that you carefully crafted persona of being gentle and rightegous has made way for your true racist nasty self!
Bwah-ha-ha-ha, snort! Les finally gets called a racist. Hee-hee, welcome to the club.
Torchwood

San Gabriel, CA

#40 Jun 3, 2009
PC Chavez wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwah-ha-ha-ha, snort! Les finally gets called a racist. Hee-hee, welcome to the club.
Well, I call them as I see them and if he is a racist, then he is called a racist!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 11 hr Marc 6,935
Police Activity Yesterday ? Jul '16 Pamela Simonton 1
News The Latest: Supporters line up for Trump in Alb... May '16 wowed 4
News Bill Clinton to campaign in New Mexico for Hill... May '16 Another 26
For Espanola, NM, And People Of THis Town (Nov '15) Jan '16 Food And 11
Corey Atencio Was Given Free Meal El Paragua Re... (Dec '15) Jan '16 marggie 3
87532 city hires, tony valdez warrrior boxer, c... (Feb '15) Jan '16 martinez 2

Espanola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance