Cell-phone campaign pushes immigration reform

The bronze statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe towered over close to 100 people who gathered Monday afternoon in an effort to push for immigration reform. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NMhoodoo

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jun 1, 2009
An estimated 17,000 immigrants? Legal or illegal? Tax paying? Just curious...I may call them when I need to pay for my next medical bill.
Bart

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Jun 1, 2009
It appears they're talking about "aliens" who are here illegally, rather "immigrants". Nobody has a problem with someone who legally comes to this country, but a LOT of us do have problem with people who break the law, come here illegally and then expect their criminal actions to be forgiven right before they're granted the same rights as citizens.

It's funny, but if you illegally enter Mexico from the U.S. they throw you in jail!

It sure would be nice to just pick and choose what laws you're going to follow the way these people do.
Richard

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jun 2, 2009
If a immigrant to the United States is legal I agree they should be endowed with rights. If the immigrant is illegal the only right they should have is a free bus ride to where they came from.
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Jun 2, 2009
Bart wrote:
It appears they're talking about "aliens" who are here illegally, rather "immigrants". Nobody has a problem with someone who legally comes to this country, but a LOT of us do have problem with people who break the law, come here illegally and then expect their criminal actions to be forgiven right before they're granted the same rights as citizens.
It's funny, but if you illegally enter Mexico from the U.S. they throw you in jail!
It sure would be nice to just pick and choose what laws you're going to follow the way these people do.
Yeah, the pro-illegal supporters always obfuscate legal immigrants with illegal immigrants because they do not want the American public know that they are supporting illegality! You know that the pro-illegals do not care about America and American laws!
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6 Jun 2, 2009
White Mojado wrote:
Arrest their Butts, and Put em to Work like Sheriff Joe Does in Phoenix.
Sod & O & Mize Them till 'They' Go Home.
Sounds like a good idea to me!
Id like

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jun 2, 2009
to know if there is #number on my cell phone to text the White House and Congress to let them know I am AGAINST illegal immigration and amnesty. Until then, I am writing my representatives and the president by email to express my opinion.
Murcielago

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jun 2, 2009
Spoken like a true Guatemalan!
Richard wrote:
If a immigrant to the United States is legal I agree they should be endowed with rights. If the immigrant is illegal the only right they should have is a free bus ride to where they came from.
Murcielago

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jun 2, 2009
I am against illegal immigration, with that out of the way. Is your first language spanish? You have the worse f'ng grammar that I've seeing in a long time...I can barely read your nonsense.
Diane Rivera wrote:
It is a disgrace how the mexicans use Our Lady of Guadalupe - so disrespectful and Mr. Trujillo and his **** about cancelling religious educations classes. Give me a break, why not cancell all the drugs, domestic violence, child abuse, drunk driving, stealing, lying and cheating for a better life.
Does anyone know, are their Laws in Mexico? Do people drive there and have drivers licenses? Are the streets playgrounds for children in Mexico? Do women promise to be punching bags upon marriage? Are men judged on how big their bottle of beer is?
SFN8TV

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Jun 2, 2009
I too agree if anyone comes to the US legally, the should be entitled to the same benefits as we do. However, I have witnessed many "immigrants" apply and receive food stamps and cash assistance, just by saying they don't work. In fact, most work for cash, drive nice SUV's and have a significant other that also works for cash. If you are local and have a job that just doesn't pay enough to put food on the table, you won't qualify for these services that our tax $$$ help pay for.
Chris

Los Alamos, NM

#13 Jun 2, 2009
it shouldnt be "Somos un Pueblo" it should be "Somos una Problema"
eegreejus

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#14 Jun 2, 2009
SFN8TV wrote:
I too agree if anyone comes to the US legally, the should be entitled to the same benefits as we do. However, I have witnessed many "immigrants" apply and receive food stamps and cash assistance, just by saying they don't work. In fact, most work for cash, drive nice SUV's and have a significant other that also works for cash. If you are local and have a job that just doesn't pay enough to put food on the table, you won't qualify for these services that our tax $$$ help pay for.
Not true! Social Services, in any of our states, don't give welfare to undocumented people. They may provide AFDC to families with US born children and perhaps wic support. Social services staff are no more interested in funding undocumented immigration than you are. Why do y'all keep retelling these lies?

It used to be, when work got scarce up here in el norte, that the workers would go back home to Mexico and come back when work picked up again. But now, since we've beefed up border "security" they're afraid to go home 'cause they might not be able to get back in. Today they're just hunkering down, waiting...Like the rest of us. But without the bailout...Les
I dont either

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jun 2, 2009
17,000! That makes up about 13% of the counties total population. Who does not think that a good portion of these folks are not using and abusing the various welfare systems? Only Les and the one-lining dude.
eegreejus

#16 Jun 2, 2009
I dont either wrote:
17,000! That makes up about 13% of the counties total population. Who does not think that a good portion of these folks are not using and abusing the various welfare systems? Only Les and the one-lining dude.
With all the snitches and rats there are in your county, how do they get away with it? Or are you accusing your social services professionals of gross incompetence? These cases are viewed and reviewed. You wouldn't think a bunch of uneducated peones would be able to bamboozle so many college educated social workers, many with masters degrees, would you? If all you xenophobes are gonna BS us think up something innovative. Give us something fresh to titillate our imaginations. To feed our nightmares of hordes of unwashed brown humanity assaulting our borders, engulfing our cities, smothering our support systems...Les(incredible)

“Hee-hee-hee, snort!”

Since: Sep 08

Laguna Beach/Santa Fe

#17 Jun 2, 2009
White Mojado wrote:
Arrest their Butts, and Put em to Work like Sheriff Joe Does in Phoenix.
Sod & O & Mize Them till 'They' Go Home.
A rapist like you and anybody who condones rape is way more disgusting than an illegal (and I am NOT pro-illegal). Hope you are locked up soon. You are way more sick and dangerous.
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#20 Jun 2, 2009
There is nothing xenophobic about advocating LEGAL immigration. And to those "living in fear' and "having families torn apart": this would not be happening if you were here legally.

When your first act in entering the US is a crime, you place your security and that of your family's security at risk. I have no sympathy for the perpetrators of crime. The children are innocent victims of the lack of responsibility of the parents.
eegreejus

#21 Jun 2, 2009
shut wrote:
<quoted text>
Tfu
íNo!...Les(Cannot,Will not,Must not)
eegreejus

#22 Jun 2, 2009
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
There is nothing xenophobic about advocating LEGAL immigration. And to those "living in fear' and "having families torn apart": this would not be happening if you were here legally.
When your first act in entering the US is a crime, you place your security and that of your family's security at risk. I have no sympathy for the perpetrators of crime. The children are innocent victims of the lack of responsibility of the parents.
I respect your opinion. I think it's shortsighted, but I respect it. Just don't make up preposterous lies...Les
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#23 Jun 2, 2009
I very rarely comment on opinions with statistics or numbers. This is a red flag to me.

I comment only on my opinion based on what is known to me. To this end, I am sometimes wrong. I also consider myself open minded enough to consider others opinions, balanced against my own.

I do not use those "Judge" things either as they are too broadly suggestive.

I will consider your input as to my possible shortsightedness on the topic of Illegal immigration. I will look for where I may be wrong.

It may be that shortsightedness might be prudent as opposed to wishful thinking.
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#24 Jun 2, 2009
SFN8TV wrote:
Most of these immigrants are not legal, but illegal aliens - so please do not use immigrants when you mean illegal aliens!
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#25 Jun 2, 2009
Chris wrote:
it shouldnt be "Somos un Pueblo" it should be "Somos una Problema"
Si, bueno!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Mexico,Espanola Officer Jason Gallegos x Al... Dec 3 tito 5
Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Nov 27 justice is just a... 6,183
Eyewitnesses, others who were allegedly harasse... Sep '14 Mark Baca 1
Review: Valencia Hentry Inc Sep '14 Concerned 1
turley's mill (Apr '07) Jul '14 Darlene January 53
Study: NM internet speed among slowest in U.S. Jul '14 CornDogz 11
Ralph Martinez Espanola Officer Jason Gallegos Jul '14 RalphMartinez Jas... 2
Espanola Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web