Police officer investigated over nude...

Police officer investigated over nude photo

There are 24 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Aug 27, 2008, titled Police officer investigated over nude photo. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

An Espanola police officer is under investigation for allegedly keeping a nude photo of a 15-year-old boy on his cell phone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joejoe

Downey, CA

#1 Aug 27, 2008
Once a PIG always a PIG.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#2 Aug 27, 2008
que?
Sammy R

Gulfport, MS

#4 Aug 27, 2008
"Piad Administrative Leave"??? The cops screw up, are sent home WITH pay....and dismissed?

This is WRONG and needs to change!
hatchet man

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Aug 27, 2008
he wont work there long
hmmmmm

Rio Rancho, NM

#6 Aug 27, 2008
I seriously doubt this. Somehow I have the feeling that the resourse officer reprimanded him on something and the kid didn't like it. I bet you anything the kid had one of his friends call this in too. Another way teenagers are getting school officials in trouble. But then maybe also the officer threaten him. These are serious charges. Anonymous? Well apparently the anonymous source is going to be found and truth will come out. Don't send the officer on vacation with paid administrative leave though. Take him off with no leave. But then too. If the officer recieved that photo from a kid. Why Didn't he report it himself if he ain't guilty. Honestly why do we get half stories all the time. I wish news would wait till they get more information for us to read instead of us jumping to conclusions like I am now. LMAO. Apparently the 15 year old had no problem sending it. If he was threatened or what not to send this photo why didn't he report it immediatly. Teens ain't really all that dumb. I have caught my teenager once on internet looking at stuff he shouldn't have. Throw the kid out of school for taking his own photo and sending is all I say.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#7 Aug 27, 2008
hmmmmm wrote:
I seriously doubt this. Somehow I have the feeling that the resourse officer reprimanded him on something and the kid didn't like it. I bet you anything the kid had one of his friends call this in too. Another way teenagers are getting school officials in trouble. But then maybe also the officer threaten him. These are serious charges. Anonymous? Well apparently the anonymous source is going to be found and truth will come out. Don't send the officer on vacation with paid administrative leave though. Take him off with no leave. But then too. If the officer recieved that photo from a kid. Why Didn't he report it himself if he ain't guilty. Honestly why do we get half stories all the time. I wish news would wait till they get more information for us to read instead of us jumping to conclusions like I am now. LMAO. Apparently the 15 year old had no problem sending it. If he was threatened or what not to send this photo why didn't he report it immediatly. Teens ain't really all that dumb. I have caught my teenager once on internet looking at stuff he shouldn't have. Throw the kid out of school for taking his own photo and sending is all I say.
interesting theory..I for one would feel much better if the officer in question was innocent, and the teen was trying to frame him...then again..how did the teen get his number?
Bill H

Huntsville, AL

#9 Aug 27, 2008
What the -?
Wizest guy

Chinle, AZ

#11 Aug 27, 2008
Are they sure it isn't the same Text floating around of Bart Simpson? They should check it again and make sure!
lilone

Los Alamos, NM

#12 Aug 27, 2008
Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting theory..I for one would feel much better if the officer in question was innocent, and the teen was trying to frame him...then again..how did the teen get his number?
oh trust me around school everyone had one anotherís number students are so close to the security guards that most of the students would even get away with things so I think what happened is true because he was our security guard at the high school and he would pick on me constantly and thatís that I never talked to any of the security guards or ever gotten into trouble so it really started to freak me out when he started picking on me for the most little stupidest things when I always kept to myself and did nothing wrong and saying my name and through out high school none of the security guards would say my name till senior year but Iím glad Iím finally out of there

“Work until I drop.”

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo

#14 Aug 27, 2008
We all know how righteous all Police Officers are.

And yes, I am glad to know I can dial 911 for help and a cop will come. I just hope it's not a psycho cop. That one in so many who just shouldn't be in the profession yet are protected by their brotherhood.
Yours

Huntsville, AL

#15 Aug 27, 2008
another dirty cop, I wonder what cop will make tomorrows story

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#16 Aug 27, 2008
Sammy R wrote:
"Piad Administrative Leave"??? The cops screw up, are sent home WITH pay....and dismissed?
This is WRONG and needs to change!
It's not only the police that get suspended with pay. That is pretty much standard policy with many professions. The most important thing is that the officer is no longer performing their job. As the investigation continues the officer's status will be changed on the merits of the investigation. Be patient justice will be done.
Esp Resident

Joaquin, TX

#17 Aug 27, 2008
I for one know this police officer on a personal level and don't think he is capable of doing this. He is very smart and has always been very respectful not only with himself but with everyone around him. I hope this teenager comes forward and tells the truth, he has already changed his story three times. He has to realize he is ruining a human being life. Just like one reader posted maybe this is his way of getting back at the officer for reprimanding him.
Bill H

Huntsville, AL

#18 Aug 28, 2008
Esp Resident wrote:
I for one know this police officer on a personal level and don't think he is capable of doing this. He is very smart and has always been very respectful not only with himself but with everyone around him. I hope this teenager comes forward and tells the truth, he has already changed his story three times. He has to realize he is ruining a human being life. Just like one reader posted maybe this is his way of getting back at the officer for reprimanding him.
The allegations kinda sounds a little fishy to me - guess time will tell.
Loyd Dobbler

Los Alamos, NM

#19 Aug 28, 2008
I'm also thinking this might be bogus, but you never know. I'd like to know when the picture arrived on his phone, like how long before the anonymous tip was received. That would make a big difference in my opinion.
Sluggo

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Aug 28, 2008
Possesion is 9/10 of the law.

He should have reported the pix message to his supervisor as soon as he received it....unless of course he was going to keep it for 'personal' use.

Might want to check-out his home computer while your at it.
Peabody

Tokyo, Japan

#21 Aug 29, 2008
I also know this officer personally and have to say that it is uncharacteristic of him. People are so quick to judge before they know the whole story. Pray for both families involved in this situation because both of them have mothers who weep for their sons.
Daddy V

Santa Fe, NM

#22 Aug 29, 2008
I think that this "Espanola" pervert should not only be kicked off the police force, but he should also be put in a treatment program!! I have kids my self and I know that it is not all his fault the boy should have known better as well, but it is all up to the public now. We need to stand together to abolish people with problems like this!
Daddy V

Santa Fe, NM

#23 Aug 29, 2008
I hear all these different comments about the "Police" officer, but if it were one of your kids I am sure that the outcome would be different!! I also know that this could be all a scam like many before this, but if this little boy was doing this either he has problems or he was forced to do this. The whole point is that this is wrong and action should be taken now and fast!!!!!!!!
LOL

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Aug 29, 2008
Well I think there a bunch of cop haters out there putting in their input about a situation they know nothing about. No one made this boy take a pic and send it to him. It also said when the officer asked for the pic and the boy said what kind and the officer said "you know". Maybe it's the kid that needs treatment, where did the officer mention a naked pic???

And about the officer, others were right. If he didn't like it, he should have reported it. Or atleast deleted the pic! And I shouldn't say, "didn't like it." I mean knowing it was wrong, he should have taken the proper actions especially being that he should know better. But things will turn out the way they are meant to be. It happens for a reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
espanola,nm small community corruption (Feb '15) Oct '17 Esclavo we Jesus 2
bail out (Apr '17) Apr '17 taxpayer 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Feb '17 justice is just a... 7,120
News Study: NM internet speed among slowest in U.S. (Jul '14) Jan '17 You forgot 24
Police Activity Yesterday ? (Jul '16) Jul '16 Pamela Simonton 1
News The Latest: Supporters line up for Trump in Alb... (May '16) May '16 wowed 4
News Bill Clinton to campaign in New Mexico for Hill... (May '16) May '16 Another 26

Espanola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Espanola Mortgages