Man arrested for 22nd drunken driving...

Man arrested for 22nd drunken driving offense

There are 112 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Aug 25, 2009, titled Man arrested for 22nd drunken driving offense. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

State police say a Mora County man has been arrested for his 22nd drunken driving offense - and his blood-alcohol content tested almost five times higher than New Mexico's legal limit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Lee

Hesperia, CA

#1 Aug 25, 2009
I believe that the judge hearing his case will let him off without any punishment. Obviously some judge somewhere has let him off many times before this incident.
furious

Penasco, NM

#2 Aug 25, 2009
Why hasn't this guy been locked up and the key thrown away. Must be related to some politican. Only in New Mexico. What a shame. Such a beautiful state and such lousy laws and judges
NM Native

Charleston, SC

#3 Aug 25, 2009
Hey, it is only his 22nd offense...
(sarcasm)
concerned

Huntsville, AL

#4 Aug 25, 2009
Why did the rush him to a hospital? They should have offer him another shot and waited for him to expire.
jer

Las Vegas, NM

#5 Aug 25, 2009
WTF how many cars trucks does this guy have.
Just Tryin to Help

Rio Rancho, NM

#6 Aug 25, 2009
What an amazing event, the number of priors, the BAC level! Is this some sort of World Record? Breathtaking!
This should not have been allowed to happen, should never be allowed to happen. This person is way beyond help and needs to be put in a place where he cannot hurt himself and others anymore. The graveyard comes sadly to mind.
LOL Mexico

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Aug 25, 2009
Let him come my way
EddieTheP

Gulfport, MS

#8 Aug 25, 2009
I would like the names of at least 18 other judges, please!

One more reason to NOT retain ANY incumbant judge!

“Censored Avatar Again”

Since: Mar 08

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Aug 25, 2009
I will give him 13 days until #23... Anyone want to get into the pool???

“Umbrae Pulvisque”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#10 Aug 25, 2009
Here's a guy who NEEDS to go to prison for a couple of years just to dry out.
The Ballin SuperStar

Huntsville, AL

#11 Aug 25, 2009
Is this some kind of world record?
waste of air

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Aug 25, 2009
Kill him
Leonard from Rio Arriba

Lincoln, NE

#13 Aug 25, 2009
Welcome to New Mexico. That's what we get for putting liberal judges on the bench.
cactus jim

United States

#14 Aug 25, 2009
driver's license? don't need no stinking driver's permit.don't need any proof of any kind because i live in n.m. don't you know the fix is in.
Mex90210

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Aug 25, 2009
Leonard from Rio Arriba wrote:
Welcome to New Mexico. That's what we get for putting liberal judges on the bench.
The last time you voted on judges, did you know which ones were liberal and which ones weren't?
GOOD GRIEF

AOL

#16 Aug 25, 2009
Who knows if this man could ever have been helped or not with the amount of brain damage he's inflicted upon himself with his years of heavy drinking. He may be beyond that now. We need DWI laws with teeth & claws in them so a first time offender faces severe enough, unpleasant consequences, such as a heavy fine, jail time & their driver's license suspended for a year, for him/her to think twice about a repeat performance behind the wheel of a car. Second offense even more severe. Vigil needs to be locked up permanently for the safety of others. He won't be & he'll manage to drive drunk again, possibly kill somebody. A suspended license doesn't seem to phase him. I lost two family members to a drunk driver. I'm out of patience with them.

“Fighting Drunk Driving Issues.”

Since: Dec 07

Wedel, Germany

#17 Aug 25, 2009
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,
This is a serious offender. Why this man still enjoys life outside a jail cell is beyond me.
I have a serious suggestion for our Law Makers.
Since the NMCOURTS site has the availability to search for DUI Offenders only by name etc., they should change it to a system similar to the Sex Offender site. Search by Zip Code to list all the CONVICTED offenders. Not arrest records or the like.
I would be in favor of a listing like that for DUI offenders and Murderers.
It may be a far fetched idea. Some may bash me for the thought. Sorry.
Had it not been for a drunk driver, my son would not have been paralyzed. He would not have been a cripple for nearly three years after the incident. He would still be alive today.
Laws must be stronger. We can try to educate with counseling and so on. People by now have the common knowledge.
DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.
Do they listen?
The driver who paralyzed my child has a daughter. It is sad, his daughter was convicted of DUI one day before her father in 2006. She did not learn from her fathers mistake, as she was arrested for the offense after he plowed in to my child. I guess he was a good example for his daughter.
John Martinez

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Aug 25, 2009
NM Native wrote:
Hey, it is only his 22nd offense...
(sarcasm)
3 more to make it to the Silver Anniversary.
ANKLE BRACELET

Los Alamos, NM

#19 Aug 25, 2009
Drinkers like this will always be intoxicated and will always drive somehow. The ankle bracelet with GPS technology will alert when consumption of alcohol occurs. Then incarceration is automatic as a violation of conditions of release. We must break the lobby forcing an illogical expenditure of anti DWI funds on the ignition interlock. Alcoholics need to be made to not drink to remain free. Why do we do what is not effective.
Brian

Huntsville, AL

#20 Aug 25, 2009
Now, if this idiot's drug of choice was pot and he had been busted 22 times, he would have been in jail. Instead, it's alcohol and somehow the courts are less likely to deliver a sentence that fits the crime. Simple possession (not driving a vehicle) of 1-8 oz. of marijuana in this state will get you 1 year in the can and a $5,000 fine. Who's more dangerous? The guy who likes to smoke a some weed or the guy drinks a 12 pack and then gets behind the wheel of a 3,000 lb. weapon. I'm not a drug user nor I am a drug legalization supporter, but I believe we need to use a little common sense when structuring our laws and sentencing guidelines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bail out Apr '17 taxpayer 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Feb '17 justice is just a... 7,120
News Study: NM internet speed among slowest in U.S. (Jul '14) Jan '17 You forgot 24
Police Activity Yesterday ? (Jul '16) Jul '16 Pamela Simonton 1
News The Latest: Supporters line up for Trump in Alb... (May '16) May '16 wowed 4
News Bill Clinton to campaign in New Mexico for Hill... (May '16) May '16 Another 26
For Espanola, NM, And People Of THis Town (Nov '15) Jan '16 Food And 11

Espanola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Espanola Mortgages