Two injured in officer-involved crash

Two injured in officer-involved crash

There are 46 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from May 15, 2009, titled Two injured in officer-involved crash. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

Two people sustained major injuries this morning when as Espanola police Department cruiser and an Infinity collided head on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“hardcore engine revver”

Since: Dec 07

Fontana, CA

#1 May 15, 2009
Well, I would first look to see who was in the wrong lane. That might be a clue as to who was at fault.

But I'm sure we all know who will end up being blamed.
Almighty Dollar

Iowa City, IA

#2 May 15, 2009
Yeah they will have an "internal investigation".
Ret-Cop

United States

#3 May 15, 2009
Almighty Dollar wrote:
Yeah they will have an "internal investigation".
Here's an idea:
Take a trip to Los Angeles.
Take in a Lakers game.
Introduce yourself to a gentleman in the court row named Nicholson.
Then, maybe you will know Jack.

Since: Mar 09

Placitas, NM

#4 May 15, 2009
duh, why dont they say who is in the WRONG LANE? police never get blamed for what they do... I'm sure its the infinity drivers fault for being out so early or something.. were they in a high speed chase after someone who shoplifted bubble gum?
Resident

Los Alamos, NM

#5 May 15, 2009
I was on SR76 headed to work at 6:35, and it's no wonder there was an accident, with the way the cops drive on that road, I was in the only car headed west and two of the city's finest practically hit me coming around a turn...eastbound (towards Chimayo). Is it really necessary to drive 80 on that narrow, winding two lane road? I'm surprised that there aren't more accidents on 76 involving police officers, a road with no real shoulders to pull over onto. They drive full speed ahead in the middle of the road lights and sirens blazing! There are a lot of older individuals who live right off the road, whose reflexes aren't as quick, surprised that none of them have been hit by these individuals. By the way, the speed limit on that road is 35, so even if there is an emergency, the speed they employ when "responding" is ridiculous.
Casper

Los Alamos, NM

#6 May 15, 2009
duh, why dont they say who is in the WRONG LANE? police never get blamed for what they do... I'm sure its the infinity drivers fault for being out so early or something.. were they in a high speed chase after someone who shoplifted bubble gum? The infinity driver was on his way to work believe that the cop was getting off duty.
I live on 76

Los Alamos, NM

#7 May 15, 2009
Whats with all of the cop hate?The same people who are always complaining will never stop no matter what the police do.Some of you people will never be happy.
Barbie

Rio Rancho, NM

#8 May 15, 2009
I live on that same road one morning an undercover agent was hauling ass passing everyone and guess what? He was only on his way to the gym. Must be nice to carry that badge to drive like that.
Hispano

Albuquerque, NM

#9 May 15, 2009
the only time there is an investigation, of any length, is when the cop is at fault, and the only reason the investigation takes so long is to figure out a way to make joe public guilty. watch and see!
Concerned

Plymouth, CA

#10 May 15, 2009
The driver was on the way to the gym before going into work in Los Alamos and a comment has been made that "The officer fell asleep at the wheel from a late night shift"...and of course this FACT will remain unsaid in the papers and news!
Resident

Mountain View, CA

#11 May 15, 2009
I've seen several officers, Espanola PD, Rio Arriba Sheriff officers, and State Police all drive like idiots on that road. Countless times. And yes, some times they are going to an emergency, other times, not at all. But in the process, they shouldn't be the cause of accidents, which has actually happened several times, for some reason this one made the news. Surprisingly enough, maybe the Infinity driver's family notified kob hoping it would bring light to who was on the wrong side of the road.. I'd like to know the exact location of this accident, and what speed the officer was traveling at.
Resident

Los Alamos, NM

#12 May 15, 2009
and I live in Santa Cruz, off SR76 not Mountain View CA, not sure why that showed up.
AnnoyedCitizen

Albuquerque, NM

#13 May 15, 2009
The officer was probably late getting home to his wife after a long strenuous night at his girlfriends house silly people, it isnt his fault.
Concerned Citizen

Albuquerque, NM

#14 May 15, 2009
Everyone drives like idiots in Espanola. You would think a police officer would have better driving skills to avoid a accident. Remember defensive driving avoids accidents.
Concerned Citizen

Albuquerque, NM

#15 May 15, 2009
Espanola holds the reputation for being the worst city in New Mexico.

“hardcore engine revver”

Since: Dec 07

Fontana, CA

#16 May 15, 2009
Well, so far I'm right. Seems like you all are blaming the cop, without having any knowledge of the accident.
Puro Raza

Los Alamos, NM

#17 May 15, 2009
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Espanola holds the reputation for being the worst city in New Mexico.
Where are you getting your info...and what about your Moms reputation you idiot....
moe

Placitas, NM

#18 May 15, 2009
are they investigating or trying to figure out how to pin the accident on the civilian? this is typical cop behavior.
WOW

Los Alamos, NM

#19 May 15, 2009
Cop Haters once again. It is always the cops fault here in Espanola The citizens never do wrong. I am sure the cop was speeding to get home and the other person was just going under the speed limit to get to work. Yeah right People down here never speed that is why early in the morning the police officers from different departments have cars pulled over. I think for speeding, Oh no not in Espanola the cops have nothing else to do
Wonderin

Legnaro, Italy

#20 May 15, 2009
Does anybody know the identities or condition of either?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Emails: Supervising attorneys knew about rehab,... Jun '15 RECALL NOW 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) May '15 RoseAnne 6,410
News Business leaders throw support behind San Juan ... May '15 Solarman 1
News Jicarilla jingle dress (Feb '06) May '15 Wanda 2
The Slugs to Sludge Wastewater 5K Apr '15 Jessica Mosleh 1
News Small town takes on Corporate America Mar '15 Shopper 2
espanola nm corruption ;) , i am everywhere a m... Feb '15 thomas 2
More from around the web

Espanola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE