Popular Chimayo restaurant reopens af...

Popular Chimayo restaurant reopens after fire

There are 15 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Oct 16, 2009, titled Popular Chimayo restaurant reopens after fire. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

A popular and historic restaurant in the Espanola area is open again, 14 months after being shut down by a fire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

wallynm

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Oct 16, 2009
Greatest in the world place to eat !!!!!!
Chico

Florence, AL

#2 Oct 16, 2009
Wow, hope the food is a good a before. This place is well worth the trip. The
sopaipilla alone will clog at least two
coronary arteries.
Juan

Florence, AL

#3 Oct 16, 2009
Now I have an excuse to drive to Espanola other than to laugh at the low riders. The food is good and the atmosphere is outstanding.
NM youth

United States

#4 Oct 16, 2009
where exactly is it located?
Jlo

Meridian, ID

#5 Oct 16, 2009
i agree with you on this one. especially the wannabe lowriders now, with cars from the late 90's to now they look so stupid. lowriders are nice if they are cars back from the 40s!
Juan wrote:
Now I have an excuse to drive to Espanola other than to laugh at the low riders. The food is good and the atmosphere is outstanding.
Born New Mexican

Montgomery, AL

#6 Oct 16, 2009
Juan wrote:
Why laugh at them you should admire them. Lots of sweat, money and PRIDE go into each one of these cars. Even the Smithsonian has lowriders from Espanola on display. Don't laugh, be proud, Juan!
Crackers

United States

#7 Oct 16, 2009
Good to see Rancho de Chimayo back open. Used to go there in the 60's. Arturo Jaramillo and wife, Florence were the best hosts I'd ever seen in a restaurant. If you go, you must have a Chimayo Cocktail, tequila and apple cider.
Critical Mass

Huntsville, AL

#8 Oct 16, 2009
Juan wrote:
While you're there, drop by the Valley Superrete and pick up some guacamole. The Best!
Crackers

United States

#10 Oct 16, 2009
Any trip to Espanola should include a green-chile cheeseburger from Dandy Burger, on the left as you drive in from Santa Fe.
Juan

Florence, AL

#11 Oct 16, 2009
Well, we're making the run to Chimayo this weekend for some good food. Based on recommendations from other posts it going to be cheeseburgers at Danny's
Burger, guacamole from Valley Superrete and then on to Chimayo for the grand daddy feast. May need to stop in Santa Fe on the return to have my stomach pumped.
A native New Mexican

Lincoln, NE

#12 Oct 16, 2009
If the food would have ever been half as good as the drinks,it would be a great place to visit more often...Most of the places in Espanola have much better food and I especially like Castro's in Santa Fe. Steven's La Cocina at the old La Cocina location has great food and you really cant beat the prices either..Just my opinion but the chile at Rancho is neither authentic or tasty,tourist food at best...I am glad they are open again though..
As for the negative comments about Espanola,if you dont like it and feel the need to laugh ,also feel free to go back to where ever it is you moved here from!
Liz

Boynton Beach, FL

#13 Oct 17, 2009
Went to dinner Wednesday evening. The food was wonderful but service was slow and not attentive. I guess they are trying to get good staff in place! I have been going to "Rancho" for years every time I visit, once again a good experience and the place looks great.
J Koenig

Bell Gardens, CA

#14 Oct 19, 2009
Yay! My favorite restaurant is alive again. Living in L.A. makes my visits few and far between these days, but every time I travel to N. New Mexico, I have to travel to Chimayo for a delightful meal. God Bless!
chica

Pago Pago, American Samoa

#15 Oct 19, 2009
We visited from Rio Rancho on Sunday & the drive over was great & beautiful. The food was outstanding as it always is in Northern New Mexico.
chica

Pago Pago, American Samoa

#16 Oct 19, 2009
Hey Juan, wanna laugh? Just look in the mirror. What made you feel like you are any better than the people from Northern New Mexico. Do everyone a favor &stay home, no one needs your attitude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bail out Apr '17 taxpayer 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Feb '17 justice is just a... 7,120
News Study: NM internet speed among slowest in U.S. (Jul '14) Jan '17 You forgot 24
Police Activity Yesterday ? (Jul '16) Jul '16 Pamela Simonton 1
News The Latest: Supporters line up for Trump in Alb... (May '16) May '16 wowed 4
News Bill Clinton to campaign in New Mexico for Hill... (May '16) May '16 Another 26
For Espanola, NM, And People Of THis Town (Nov '15) Jan '16 Food And 11

Espanola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Espanola Mortgages