NM Democrats re-elect state officers

Full story: KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico

New Mexico Democrats have re-elected chairman Brian Colon at the party's state central committee meeting Saturday.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jun 6, 2009
Ramon

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

Judged:

Here is my prediction for 2010: Gov. Richardson destroyed any chances of the democrats holding on to the governor's seat in 2010. Electing Diane Denish would be a continuation of the Richardson administration for another 4 years. I really don't know what she has done during her tenure as Lt. Governor except to raise money to run for Governor. She really is quite boring. If the democrats cannot muster up a vibrant, visionary candidate, I believe that a republican will be our next Governor. I don't want to sound like doom and gloom for the democratic party but facts are facts.
Dave

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

Judged:

Ramon wrote:
Here is my prediction for 2010: Gov. Richardson destroyed any chances of the democrats holding on to the governor's seat in 2010. Electing Diane Denish would be a continuation of the Richardson administration for another 4 years. I really don't know what she has done during her tenure as Lt. Governor except to raise money to run for Governor. She really is quite boring. If the democrats cannot muster up a vibrant, visionary candidate, I believe that a republican will be our next Governor. I don't want to sound like doom and gloom for the democratic party but facts are facts.
I agree with Ramon. I think that Denish will be defeated by either a well qualified democratic candidate or a republican. Denish is not the answer after Governor Richardson leaves office.
Eh What

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

Judged:

At least fat boy bill is going to leave unlike marti chavez who insists on staying like the lingering sore he is. Liberals, in general, are a disgusting bunch of pathetic crowd because they will go with the herd instead of thinking about what the voters want. Liberals stink. As long as liberals are running this state we will be in 48th place in all areas of education and growth but 1st in crime and violence.
Ret-Cop

Auburn, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

Judged:

Please direct any questions about the Democrat Party directly at that Colon.
A Better NM

Thoreau, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

Judged:

Eh What wrote:
At least fat boy bill is going to leave unlike marti chavez who insists on staying like the lingering sore he is. Liberals, in general, are a disgusting bunch of pathetic crowd because they will go with the herd instead of thinking about what the voters want. Liberals stink. As long as liberals are running this state we will be in 48th place in all areas of education and growth but 1st in crime and violence.
Liberals eh? Like vs Conservatives? How narrow minded and shallow. Vote people, thoughts, and accountability.
One person at a time.

“The Travelling Grandpa!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

Ret-Cop wrote:
Wow, the Dems have a talking COLON<G>?
Yuk- Stinky

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Ret-Cop wrote:
They will still have his calls screened by higher ups because to get to the Colon, one has to get past the Rectum.

“Get Drunk; Find a Gun.”

Since: Oct 08

Pripyat, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

Change.
Silly Numpties

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

Viable (r)epublican candidate. Ha Ha Ha Ha. That party is so out of touch. Any candidate they throw out there will be devoured. Don't forget ladies, John Sanchez-groomed to stand up to Hispanics and claim to share their vision-got trounced because he thought poor minorities should be forced to drink sewage water.

Either way, the Gross Old People party (that's what GOP stands for right?), is a dying breed in NM. Just look to the RNC and how they have already pulled money from here to put in important races elsewhere. My guess is the R's will front some candidate, an Oil/Gas fart like Yates, whose cowboy drawl will immediately freak out voters. And for those Heather Wilson fans, just remembers Iglesiasgate will come back and haunt here. She is done.

So, GOPers, sit back and enjoy the wave. It's gonna be a looooooong 8 years until the light of relevancy shines back onto your dingy party's headquarters (oh yeah, there is a few legislative seats you and the Green party can fight over).
Who Gives A Crap

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

CornDaddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, the Dems have a talking COLON<G>?
Yep, a regular walkin talkin rectum-in charge
Silly Numpties

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

As Dem Party Chair, on Colon's watch, this State has turned ALL BLUE. Yes, my misguided and irrelevant Republican readers, make fun of his name, make fun of how he looks, make fun of that party's platform, but please, please keep your crying to a soft murmur. It's not every election year that a visionless party such as the R's are shown OBJECTIVE evidence that they are out of touch. I mean, you guys lost your Congressional seat down south. How did that happen? Pearce and Skeen had that locked up for decades. The only thing I can think of is that your far right, Limbaughesque leanings are so out of whack with where the SILENT MAJORITY sits that you are slowly becoming irrelevant.

Either way, keep up the divisive tone. Complain about ACORN and other nonprofits...because that's why you lost...sure...nothing to do with a rudderless party lead by a cut rate Baseball club owner (He traded Sammy Sosa for christ's sake). Nothing to do with a platform that looks like it came from the 1890's (no funding for science, because God'll get angry).

So, please, please, please Republicans, keep doing what you've been doing. As you can see the results ae highly good for this country.
perry

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

Nm democrats re-elect their state commisars. Watch your wallets, and your freedoms.
DevilDog

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Diane Denish is DONE! Because of Richardson, the DEMS will lose big-time next year! Not even the "dynamic duo" of Colon and Balderas will make a difference, they are in Richardson's back pocket! Que lastima!
Theater Boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2009

wow

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Aug 5 dontvoterepub 6,066
turley's mill (Apr '07) Jul '14 Darlene January 53
Study: NM internet speed among slowest in U.S. Jul '14 CornDogz 11
Ralph Martinez Espanola Officer Jason Gallegos Jul '14 RalphMartinez Jas... 2
tommy rodella past history , He was investigate... Jul '14 boregas 4
Ralph Martinez Undercover OR Drug Transport Dealer Jun '14 Marsha 2
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232

Search the Espanola Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Espanola Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Espanola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••