Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 60 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lying Repubs

United States

#46 Jun 8, 2010
"Diane Denish has been in that upper levels of a very corrupt democrat administration."

Even the republican FBI people did not find anything, the repubs, party of Nixon, have just repeated that on TV, despite no evidence.

I'm sure Martinez will make it look like she is taking the moral high road, now she started the mudslinging in the primary, and ended up humiliating herself.

Anyone wanna donate to take her illegal alien workers to Hooters on taxpayer money? She'll have to drive, since she won't deport them, but will take their driver's licenses away.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#47 Jun 8, 2010
Bedrock Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I can take a crack at it. She is an American just like most hispanics in New Mexico. This country was ceded from Mexico in about 1856 and since then the people have been AMERICANS and not MEXICANS. Most New Mexicans never came from Mexico. They are a product of the indiginous people from this land, just as the Mexicans are a product of the indigenous people of that land. With some Spanish Jew thrown in to make it interesting. To call a New Mexican with an hispanic surname a Mexican is to show your complete ignorance of our people and our history.
On this post I wholeheartedly agree. If we are here LEGALLY, regardless of where we came from, we are Americans, in spite of ones surname.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#48 Jun 8, 2010
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Spare me the sparring over words. I'm certain you understand what I'm saying. I'll not debate your friend any longer. Let the legal system do its job. If not guilty he'll likely be found so.
Again, this really isn't the proper venue for complaining about personal legal issues.
this isn't the proper venue?

IT'S A FORUM!!!

every person has a right to let the public know, to inform the public about the questionable activities in their government to include our courts. our legal system is not above reproach so why are you making it so?

why are you so insistent on protecting susana martinez?

that's fine you don't want denish well then find a way to get weh or turner into that position.

susana martinez is a criminal. i have repeatedly made that statement here and elsewhere if i were wrong then they would have every right to charge me with libel. she needs to prove she did NOT have a hand in the many wrongs she committed against this man.

one thing you don't know this man tried to represent himself and susana martinez' argument to the judge was "if he does then he'll have access to the little girls."

little girls???

the girls in question were juniors, seniors in high school and freshmen in college at the time of that hearing they will be now seniors in high school and freshmen and sophomores in college. they are NOT little girls.

susana martinez is a vindictive stupid person and this is not a personal legal issue. you should take the time to note that it affects you and everyone else.

susana martinez is a prosecutor who is sworn to uphold the law and yet as this case clearly shows she cares not for her oath nor does she care about upholding the law. so then this corrupt person may become governor and what do you think this lawbreaker is going to do with your government and your state?

what offends me most about what you are saying is you are coming across as one of those parents whose child never does anything wrong.

finally as i posted no one should be held to a charge when it is clear that the indictment is supported by perjury. you cannot deceive the court.

why don't you call susana martinez and ask her why she is ignoring the perjury? the videos show they lied so she can't deny it.
Bedrock Bob

Cerrillos, NM

#49 Jun 8, 2010
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
On this post I wholeheartedly agree. If we are here LEGALLY, regardless of where we came from, we are Americans, in spite of ones surname.
We were here before Mexico. We were here before the US. We are indigenous to this land. Simply becasue a person has an hispanic surname (and Martinez is NOT Spanish, I believe you will find that the name is Basque)it is assumed their roots are Mexican. This is simply ignorance of history. Meztizos were made all over North America. We have a bad habit as Americans of assuming that hispanics immigrated here from "Mexico" and that hispanic names are "Spanish".

Many pure indios have hispanic names too. Their ancestors converted to Catholicism and became "Genizarios" in segregated communities. No Spaniards involved. These people make up a big part of our "Hispanic" communities in New Mexico and Colorado.

That border is NOT a racial or social border. It was a line drawn arbitrarily through a sea of people of all colors and shades. Before the line we were ALL Mexicans. After the line we were ALL Americans. The white ones still call the brown ones "Mexican" for some reason. I am going to call that reason racism.
You are Stupid

Las Cruces, NM

#50 Jun 8, 2010
Bedrock Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I can take a crack at it. She is an American just like most hispanics in New Mexico. This country was ceded from Mexico in about 1856 and since then the people have been AMERICANS and not MEXICANS. Most New Mexicans never came from Mexico. They are a product of the indiginous people from this land, just as the Mexicans are a product of the indigenous people of that land. With some Spanish Jew thrown in to make it interesting. To call a New Mexican with an hispanic surname a Mexican is to show your complete ignorance of our people and our history.
Ok, so did you not understand when I said that we're all pretty much "mutts"? However, thank you for your "enlightening" response.
You are Stupid

Las Cruces, NM

#51 Jun 8, 2010
BTW the "You are Stupid" thing was NOT intended for you.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#52 Jun 8, 2010
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text> this isn't the proper venue? IT'S A FORUM!!!
YYSSW...

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#53 Jun 8, 2010
Bedrock Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
We were here before Mexico. We were here before the US. We are indigenous to this land. Simply becasue a person has an hispanic surname (and Martinez is NOT Spanish, I believe you will find that the name is Basque)it is assumed their roots are Mexican. This is simply ignorance of history. Meztizos were made all over North America. We have a bad habit as Americans of assuming that hispanics immigrated here from "Mexico" and that hispanic names are "Spanish".
Many pure indios have hispanic names too. Their ancestors converted to Catholicism and became "Genizarios" in segregated communities. No Spaniards involved. These people make up a big part of our "Hispanic" communities in New Mexico and Colorado.
That border is NOT a racial or social border. It was a line drawn arbitrarily through a sea of people of all colors and shades. Before the line we were ALL Mexicans. After the line we were ALL Americans. The white ones still call the brown ones "Mexican" for some reason. I am going to call that reason racism.
Certainly you understood when I said I agreed, I was speaking of modern day people here, not 40,000 - 4,000 or 400 years ago, hence a personal history epiphany was not necessary. The history of this region is way too volatile for me to get into as if differs depending upon whom one speaks with. If you're here LEGALLY, you're an American as I see it.

Meanwhile back at the ranch - Go Martinez!!!

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#54 Jun 8, 2010
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
YYSSW...
funny i had to look that up...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#55 Jun 8, 2010
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
this isn't the proper venue?
IT'S A FORUM!!!
every person has a right to let the public know, to inform the public about the questionable activities in their government to include our courts. our legal system is not above reproach so why are you making it so?
why are you so insistent on protecting susana martinez?
that's fine you don't want denish well then find a way to get weh or turner into that position.
susana martinez is a criminal. i have repeatedly made that statement here and elsewhere if i were wrong then they would have every right to charge me with libel. she needs to prove she did NOT have a hand in the many wrongs she committed against this man.
one thing you don't know this man tried to represent himself and susana martinez' argument to the judge was "if he does then he'll have access to the little girls."
little girls???
the girls in question were juniors, seniors in high school and freshmen in college at the time of that hearing they will be now seniors in high school and freshmen and sophomores in college. they are NOT little girls.
susana martinez is a vindictive stupid person and this is not a personal legal issue. you should take the time to note that it affects you and everyone else.
susana martinez is a prosecutor who is sworn to uphold the law and yet as this case clearly shows she cares not for her oath nor does she care about upholding the law. so then this corrupt person may become governor and what do you think this lawbreaker is going to do with your government and your state?
what offends me most about what you are saying is you are coming across as one of those parents whose child never does anything wrong.
finally as i posted no one should be held to a charge when it is clear that the indictment is supported by perjury. you cannot deceive the court.
why don't you call susana martinez and ask her why she is ignoring the perjury? the videos show they lied so she can't deny it.
Would you please stop hijacking all of the threads on the governors race for your personal vandetta? Perhaps you can start your own thread and anyone who wishes to listen to you can go there!

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#56 Jun 8, 2010
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you please stop hijacking all of the threads on the governors race for your personal vandetta? Perhaps you can start your own thread and anyone who wishes to listen to you can go there!
it's not a vendetta.

you want to elect a criminal you go right ahead and while you're on this hijacking of threads trip you might want to stop by the one that went from being about martinez and denish to what makes a mexican.:-D

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#57 Jun 8, 2010
for anyone who'd like to see a true hijacking of a thread...

http://www.topix.com/forum/state/nm/TEH00AT8U...

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#58 Jun 8, 2010
Meanwhile back at the old Bar-S

Go Susana Martinez, we'll welcome you as our next Governor! Whoo Hoo!!!
NMLady

Phoenix, AZ

#60 Jun 10, 2010
If Diane Denish did not support Bill Richardson's agenda then why would she forgo taking the increase in her salary while he was out of state campaigning for POTUS? You know she did that to keep people from being up in arms over him being gone to campaign rather than doing his job.
NMLady

Phoenix, AZ

#61 Jun 10, 2010
Oh, and I am not in CO, just my ISP is.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#64 Jun 11, 2010
Stick to the wrote:
Stick to the issues???? You have got to be kidding me. She is blowing smoke up our collective A - holes. Susana has already claimed to have defended and protected Carly, when in fact Carly was murdered under Susana's watch.
Susana claims to have stopped corruption in several Norther New Mexico school districts, when in fact she has nothing to do with Northern New Mexico or any of the situations in these school districts.
Yep, Susana, you need to start sticking to the issues AND the facts before you point your gnarly little slimey booger covered finger at anyone else
Carly was murdered under her watch? She's a DA not a police officer. I have not heard any claim by her about any northern New Mexico school districts. Post your source!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#65 Jun 12, 2010
Stick to the wrote:
Stick to the issues???? You have got to be kidding me. She is blowing smoke up our collective A - holes. Susana has already claimed to have defended and protected Carly, when in fact Carly was murdered under Susana's watch.
Susana claims to have stopped corruption in several Norther New Mexico school districts, when in fact she has nothing to do with Northern New Mexico or any of the situations in these school districts.
Yep, Susana, you need to start sticking to the issues AND the facts before you point your gnarly little slimey booger covered finger at anyone else
Sounds like a baseless smear to me. Post your evidence.
YEAHRIGHT

El Paso, TX

#66 Jul 11, 2010
Why do hispanics in Texas and California that have been there for centuries consider themselves Mexican descent? Juan De Onate a spaniard born in Mexico first went thru El Paso del Norte up north to New Mexico. For New MEXICO hispanics to deny their roots is ridiculous!
Lying Repugnicans

United States

#67 Jul 11, 2010
"one thing you don't know this man tried to represent himself and susana martinez' argument to the judge was "if he does then he'll have access to the little girls.""
and, she is now hooking up with mr. corruption himself, Darren White, whose bad judgments have proven to endanger leo everywhere under his control, all to save money-and it did not stop him from illegally taking home favors from the previous republican liar, Johnson, either.
Why can't we have her pay employee taxes to have the sex offenders watch her kids, since she doesn't feel they are a threat?

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#68 Jul 11, 2010
Lying Repugnicans wrote:
"one thing you don't know this man tried to represent himself and susana martinez' argument to the judge was "if he does then he'll have access to the little girls.""
and, she is now hooking up with mr. corruption himself, Darren White, whose bad judgments have proven to endanger leo everywhere under his control, all to save money-and it did not stop him from illegally taking home favors from the previous republican liar, Johnson, either.
Why can't we have her pay employee taxes to have the sex offenders watch her kids, since she doesn't feel they are a threat?
hey wwwhhhoooaaa there....

i don't know what you are getting at, but you're using part of my post way out of context.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
espanola,nm small community corruption (Feb '15) Oct '17 Esclavo we Jesus 2
bail out (Apr '17) Apr '17 taxpayer 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Feb '17 justice is just a... 7,120
News Study: NM internet speed among slowest in U.S. (Jul '14) Jan '17 You forgot 24
Police Activity Yesterday ? (Jul '16) Jul '16 Pamela Simonton 1
News The Latest: Supporters line up for Trump in Alb... (May '16) May '16 wowed 4
News Bill Clinton to campaign in New Mexico for Hill... (May '16) May '16 Another 26

Espanola Jobs

Personal Finance

Espanola Mortgages