Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 60 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#3 Jun 8, 2010
Perhaps she cannot sling mud at her opponent simply because there is no mud to be found....hmmmmm
fscott

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jun 8, 2010
Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
Perhaps she cannot sling mud at her opponent simply because there is no mud to be found....hmmmmm
Diane Denish has been in that upper levels of a very corrupt democrat administration. She shares much of the blame for the last eight years with Richardson. Susana has been in the trenches doing the peoples work and I think she will be our next governor unless the people of New Mexico are brain dead.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#5 Jun 8, 2010
fscott wrote:
<quoted text> Diane Denish has been in that upper levels of a very corrupt democrat administration. She shares much of the blame for the last eight years with Richardson. Susana has been in the trenches doing the peoples work and I think she will be our next governor unless the people of New Mexico are brain dead.
What corruption?...I keep hearing about the alleged corruption, yet no one as of yet has shown anything to even remotely prove it....
As if

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jun 8, 2010
fscott wrote:
<quoted text> Diane Denish has been in that upper levels of a very corrupt democrat administration. She shares much of the blame for the last eight years with Richardson. Susana has been in the trenches doing the peoples work and I think she will be our next governor unless the people of New Mexico are brain dead.
she had any real influence in the Richardson administration.
You are Stupid

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Jun 8, 2010
Vssjayden wrote:
This is a bunch of garbage! I haven't heard of any other countries down here committing crimes its Mexicans lets damn be honest and now the morons in the state put one in office are you serious! Do you really think she is going to return her own kind? Come on! She's a Mexican on a border state do you really think she came from Maine people? Or how about England, do you think her ancestors have a English accent? With AZ being a huge topic this voting season why in the hell would you put a Mexican in office are you trying to make things interesting. isn't naming this state New mexico interesting enough? And asking the Mexicans to mind borders. Hello if you were Mexican and in Mexico would you love to see what NEW MEXICO has to offer? And yes if you are reading this then you are MEXICAN if you come from MEXICO and Spanish if you come from SPAIN. Not Hispanic or Latino these are nice words to not call you what you are A MEXICAN! Ugh this state and the ignorance of the people in this state is killing me. You ask then why not move? Ah I am.May 2012 I am out! I am going to live with my Black( African) and my White ( European) brothers and sisters! Where Illegal immigration is looked down upon where law makers still believe in deportation! In the mean time seek the closes health department and get some birth control you are the reason the country implicated the rule for welfare 4 kids 5 years. I am so glad they did. 10 kids working at Taco bell doesn't feed your kids my tax dollars do. Close your legs get a job and come here legally!
You're an idiot. If you had any education you would do research and know that the federal prison population is mostly made up of blacks and whites and "mexicans" are a smaller minority. Thank god you're leaving why wait til 2012? Leave now we don't need more stupid people here we have enough, you've made that abundantly clear.
WorkingStiff

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jun 8, 2010
Vssjayden wrote:
This is a bunch of garbage! I haven't heard of any other countries down here committing crimes its Mexicans lets damn be honest and now the morons in the state put one in office are you serious! Do you really think she is going to return her own kind? Come on! She's a Mexican on a border state do you really think she came from Maine people? Or how about England, do you think her ancestors have a English accent? With AZ being a huge topic this voting season why in the hell would you put a Mexican in office are you trying to make things interesting. isn't naming this state New mexico interesting enough? And asking the Mexicans to mind borders. Hello if you were Mexican and in Mexico would you love to see what NEW MEXICO has to offer? And yes if you are reading this then you are MEXICAN if you come from MEXICO and Spanish if you come from SPAIN. Not Hispanic or Latino these are nice words to not call you what you are A MEXICAN! Ugh this state and the ignorance of the people in this state is killing me. You ask then why not move? Ah I am.May 2012 I am out! I am going to live with my Black( African) and my White ( European) brothers and sisters! Where Illegal immigration is looked down upon where law makers still believe in deportation! In the mean time seek the closes health department and get some birth control you are the reason the country implicated the rule for welfare 4 kids 5 years. I am so glad they did. 10 kids working at Taco bell doesn't feed your kids my tax dollars do. Close your legs get a job and come here legally!
What an idiot! Nuff said
Donna Summer

United States

#11 Jun 8, 2010
I'm thinking Susana hasn't lashed out at Diane with an ad because the fund$ are running low. Susana's having to work the easter part of the state, neighbors of Texas to get some ca$h.

But the real issue or truth is that Susana exaggerates the truth. She doesn't have a great conviction rate. She isn't a great DA. She claims to convict drug cartels. Has she named any cases to suppport her drug cartel convictions?
cut cut cut

Glendale, AZ

#12 Jun 8, 2010
"The state must cut back on spending", yet carries more ADAs than any prior DA in Dona Ana County history and still has a gulog-backlog of cases going over twice the limit allowed by the NM Supreme Ct. Hypocrisy at its finest. The only change is one sells their soul in blue ink and the other in red.
fscott

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jun 8, 2010
I think Susana is being intelligent. Why attack Denish when Denish record is Richardson. I think the people of New Mexico are well aware of our financial problems and why we have them. I also believe the people of New Mexico are well aware of all the pay for play issues that have been in the press along with the corrupt officials that are either in jail or recently released. Two State Treasurers, Manny Aragon along with a number of State Senators and Reps along with almost the entire PRC. The question is are the people of New Mexico really fed up with the corruption. If they are Denish doesn't stand a chance.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Jun 8, 2010
Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
All that's necessary is knowing Denish has been the Lt Gov for the last 8 years under $Bill. That alone is a millstone around her neck.

You are correct that there is little to find - perhaps because for 8 years Denish has done NOTHING! Why would she start now?

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#15 Jun 8, 2010
Donna Summer wrote:
I'm thinking Susana hasn't lashed out at Diane with an ad because the fund$ are running low. Susana's having to work the easter part of the state, neighbors of Texas to get some ca$h.
But the real issue or truth is that Susana exaggerates the truth. She doesn't have a great conviction rate. She isn't a great DA. She claims to convict drug cartels. Has she named any cases to suppport her drug cartel convictions?
Or perhaps she's speaking to the issues instead of tooting her horn.

Go Susana!

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#16 Jun 8, 2010
cut cut cut wrote:
"The state must cut back on spending", yet carries more ADAs than any prior DA in Dona Ana County history and still has a gulog-backlog of cases going over twice the limit allowed by the NM Supreme Ct. Hypocrisy at its finest. The only change is one sells their soul in blue ink and the other in red.
Gee, someone from AZ chiming into NM politics? Wow!

Perhaps she has a large caseload because we happen to have a lot of criminals in NM, ya think? Our judges leave a lot to be desired here. Hopefully yours are better.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#17 Jun 8, 2010
fscott wrote:
I think Susana is being intelligent. Why attack Denish when Denish record is Richardson. I think the people of New Mexico are well aware of our financial problems and why we have them. I also believe the people of New Mexico are well aware of all the pay for play issues that have been in the press along with the corrupt officials that are either in jail or recently released. Two State Treasurers, Manny Aragon along with a number of State Senators and Reps along with almost the entire PRC. The question is are the people of New Mexico really fed up with the corruption. If they are Denish doesn't stand a chance.
Well said! In Nov we'll see if NM voters are up to the task or if they prefer being the laughing stock of the lower 48 embracing the status quo.
Bedrock Bob

Santa Fe, NM

#18 Jun 8, 2010
It is a fact that the Leutenant Gov does nothing. They are a figurehead at best. Denish is not Bill's ringer...Martinez is. A vote for Martinez is a vote for the status quo. She is much more involved with the "good ol boy" system than Denish is.

Get the facts and dont beleive what the media is spouting on behalf of the candidates. This idea that Susanna hates Bill and is going to "clean house" is a pitch. Bait and switch at it's finest.

Dianne is not great but she is the best of two evils. Susanna is a scary bit** that is only in it for the power. If you have any idea how New Mexico politics work you would see that.

Bill has bet on both red and black. Either way the corrupt New Mexico power structures will prevail. Denish is the best choice becasue she is the only political outsider to the corrupt system.

I feel Susanna will win. We will see how many of her supporters are willing to boast about voting for her after a couple of years of raping this state.
Concerned Tax Payer

United States

#19 Jun 8, 2010
When is Susana Martinez going to resign from her District Attorney position? My tax dollars are being spent to pay for her job as a DA, not to be campaigning for governor.
Vssjayden

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Jun 8, 2010
Do your research about the prison system they return too mexico so they are not prosecuted. Hello! Dumb,Dumb,Dumb. yes call it Racist, don't care! I have a right to be. I don't go to Italy and expect them to speak English why the hell do they need me to speak Spanish.I didn't go to them they came here! I am just a American who has the balls to stand up and say something, allot agree. I was standing next to one of my co workers the other day and he was black and him and I had to hear about 7 Mexicans come in talk their Spanish hold up the line. And I mentioned something to him about it,and we both laughed about the Spanish and the shit he was watching as I was. He grabbed what we needed handed it to me first being the gentleman he was and then he got what he needed. You know maybe if they would get some respect for others who live here and people in their community I wouldn't have such a problem. Learn what working means and learn what Birth control is. I have allot of balls to speak it! I am not racist against anyone I just believe work as hard as I do to live here! Share our country not breed like rabbits so I can raise your monsters!
Vssjayden

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Jun 8, 2010
Watch Lock up on MSNBC on the weekends. Your eyes will be opened to the ""Prison population". Allot of Americans believe this down here, if I was the only one honey AZ wouldn't be doing what they are doing.
Whats the problem with it, I walk down the road late at night from a bar and I am asked to present ID. Whats the problem. Get over and present it.!
STFU

Las Cruces, NM

#23 Jun 8, 2010
Concerned Tax Payer wrote:
When is Susana Martinez going to resign from her District Attorney position? My tax dollars are being spent to pay for her job as a DA, not to be campaigning for governor.
STRU, how do you know that "your tax dollars" aren't going to pay the AFDC benefits your kids are collecting because they're having more kids? Or because they're daddies are in prison living off the state?
WorkingStiff

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Jun 8, 2010
Vssjayden wrote:
Do your research about the prison system they return too mexico so they are not prosecuted. Hello! Dumb,Dumb,Dumb. yes call it Racist, don't care! I have a right to be. I don't go to Italy and expect them to speak English why the hell do they need me to speak Spanish.I didn't go to them they came here! I am just a American who has the balls to stand up and say something, allot agree. I was standing next to one of my co workers the other day and he was black and him and I had to hear about 7 Mexicans come in talk their Spanish hold up the line. And I mentioned something to him about it,and we both laughed about the Spanish and the shit he was watching as I was. He grabbed what we needed handed it to me first being the gentleman he was and then he got what he needed. You know maybe if they would get some respect for others who live here and people in their community I wouldn't have such a problem. Learn what working means and learn what Birth control is. I have allot of balls to speak it! I am not racist against anyone I just believe work as hard as I do to live here! Share our country not breed like rabbits so I can raise your monsters!
So, are you saying that those that talk Spanish are illegal immigrants??????

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#25 Jun 8, 2010
Concerned Tax Payer wrote:
One person posting anti-Martinez crap under multiple names, ALL from the same ISP. Figures...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 1 hr Donald 6,403
News Business leaders throw support behind San Juan ... May 23 Solarman 1
News Jicarilla jingle dress (Feb '06) May 1 Wanda 2
The Slugs to Sludge Wastewater 5K Apr 28 Jessica Mosleh 1
News Small town takes on Corporate America Mar '15 Shopper 2
espanola nm corruption ;) , i am everywhere a m... Feb '15 thomas 2
espanola,nm open investigation with help of ex ... Feb '15 gallegos tita 1
More from around the web

Espanola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE