NM House Speaker's illegal billboard ...

NM House Speaker's illegal billboard to come down

There are 19 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Aug 15, 2009, titled NM House Speaker's illegal billboard to come down. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

Federal highway officials have ordered the state to demolish an illegal billboard owned by New Mexico House Speaker Ben Lujan by the end of next week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

timextwo

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Aug 15, 2009
Another "sign" of corruption in this state.
andy

United States

#3 Aug 16, 2009
16 years of unpaid permit fees...any of the rest of us would do jail time for that, bet he just gets a slap on the hand for it!

“The Travelling Grandpa!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 16, 2009
As per the Urinal article, he can remove it at his own cost or the state will remove it for him and will charge him for the removal.

Since he told the state to do it, what it really means is you and I will pay for the removal and the state will 'forget' to charge him for that removal. Ben 'the Jaw' Lujan strikes again!

Location hidden

#5 Aug 16, 2009
andy wrote:
16 years of unpaid permit fees...any of the rest of us would do jail time for that, bet he just gets a slap on the hand for it!
He'll get nothing. The Urinal told how the state agencies tried to grandfather him in and several other back door tactics, all of which they found to be illegal.

Funny thing is, when it was last permitted in 1993, he was not the owner! This is just another case of a NM politician skating at public expense.
And

Thoreau, NM

#7 Aug 16, 2009
Now, time for Espanola politico old man Atencio to come clean after holding up the state for his land. Can you spell investigative nepotism?
OMG

Thoreau, NM

#8 Aug 16, 2009
Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline?

Don't even bother.
Jeremy

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Aug 16, 2009
Why are you people so upset? The sooner you all realize that there are two sets of rules, one set for the taxpayers and one set for the tax-spenders, the better off you'll be. And please don't forget to trust this male with your health care ... you'll be taking a number while he's enjoying the best care in the world.
Jeremy

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Aug 16, 2009
Ok, before you get all upset, I made a mistake. I mistook this crook for a different politician. It's hard to differenciate 'em! The first part of my first post is for Ben Lujan (though all of them feel this way), and the second part of my first post is for Ben Lujan, my congressman...
Jeremy

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Aug 16, 2009
Email him directly: [email protected]
Happy

Los Alamos, NM

#13 Aug 17, 2009
This is a man that has a High School Gym named after him and hosts an Annual Basketball Tournament in his name. What kind of an example is he to our kids? Not a good one if you ask me. He just loves the attention. I agree with timextwo on the "Another "sign" of corruption" however, it is not just in NM. It is all over the place.

Location hidden

#14 Aug 17, 2009
Jeremy wrote:
Ok, before you get all upset, I made a mistake. I mistook this crook for a different politician. It's hard to differenciate 'em! The first part of my first post is for Ben Lujan (though all of them feel this way), and the second part of my first post is for Ben Lujan, my congressman...
They're father and son, same DNA - same end result!
LovesABQ

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Aug 18, 2009
Jeremy wrote:
Email him directly: [email protected]
These gutless wonders who hide anonymously behind their computers don't have the stones to face somebody directly!
Sluggo

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Aug 18, 2009
LovesABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
These gutless wonders who hide anonymously behind their computers don't have the stones to face somebody directly!
If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck...
INFIDEL

Grants, NM

#17 Aug 18, 2009
Another "special" person who does not have to obey the law because he has connections. How much do you want to bet that the idiots he represents will not vote him out of office for this. We like corruption here.

Location hidden

#18 Aug 18, 2009
INFIDEL wrote:
Another "special" person who does not have to obey the law because he has connections. How much do you want to bet that the idiots he represents will not vote him out of office for this. We like corruption here.
He'll invite the community to a 'matanza' at the communities expense and all the little lemmings will be secure in the thought that Ben 'the Jaw' Lujan is looking out for them.
Sick of it

Los Alamos, NM

#19 Aug 18, 2009
LovesABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it's the truth,even from behind YOUR computer..Ben Gey is just as bad as allo f the other corrupt crook-ed politicos in this state!

Since: Apr 09

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Aug 23, 2009
I hope Kokesh gets the party nomination and we can get rid of Ben's legacy of corruption.
http://kokeshforcongress.com/

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#21 Aug 24, 2009
Politics as usual in New Mexico.

“Revolution is imminent.”

Since: Apr 09

Not here

#23 Aug 24, 2009
Way to go Ben.

Someone needs to call the Fed in here to flush the crap out of NM's political system.

As an aside...if I post in every KOB Topix forum the line "Stay Classy, New Mexico," to how many of those forums would it be applicable?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Wed Marie 6,802
For Espanola, NM, And People Of THis Town Jan 21 Food And 11
Corey Atencio Was Given Free Meal El Paragua Re... Jan 21 marggie 3
87532 city hires, tony valdez warrrior boxer, c... (Feb '15) Jan 21 martinez 2
espanola Police Department lawenforcement (Feb '15) Dec '15 lana93 4
News League of extraordinary New Mexicans (Oct '09) Oct '15 Mariaelenalopez46 5
Editorial: Governorís energy plan is excellent... Sep '15 John Ford 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Espanola Mortgages