Brandon Bowers: What this California ...

Brandon Bowers: What this California transplant knows about Carlsbad

There are 6 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Jun 24, 2012, titled Brandon Bowers: What this California transplant knows about Carlsbad. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Two weeks in Carlsbad. It's not enough time to learn what makes this place tick.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Carlsbad Resident

Artesia, NM

#1 Jun 25, 2012
This isn't news. This is opinion.
Erm

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Jun 25, 2012
which is why it ran as an opinion column?
Carlsbad Resident

Artesia, NM

#3 Jun 26, 2012
Erm wrote:
which is why it ran as an opinion column?
It was on the front page of the online edition under "news" and they moved it to opinion.
Larry

Odessa, TX

#4 Jun 27, 2012
No doubt he was chosen to be Modeki's minnion. A really great shred piece they did on Martha.
Carlsbad Resident

Artesia, NM

#5 Jun 28, 2012
Larry wrote:
No doubt he was chosen to be Modeki's minnion. A really great shred piece they did on Martha.
I just getit online, ads and all. Lots more ads than news though.
Carlsbad Resident

Artesia, NM

#6 Jun 28, 2012
Also, too.

It's minion, not minnion. And Stella is barely literate.

I understand the financial problems newspapers are having these days, but could you please stop pretending that the CCA is some kind of reasonable newpaper? All of you? Except those of you who already noticed?

This newspaper is a joke. Valerie Cranston is a decent writer and the rest of these hacks run from vague to pathetic.

Pathetic, illiterate and full of baloney about what a wonderful crew you got on board, Brandon.

Either kick that rag into shape or get out. We could use a real newspaper here with more than one news story every thirty-six hours, and that's counting the police reports and the judicial reports.

I feel your pain, I'm from California too. But suck-up op-eds published initially in the wrong part of thepaper aren't going to win you points with anybody.

Publish. More. News.

Just sayin'

Miep

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Espanola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Jun 25 More 6,866
News The Latest: Supporters line up for Trump in Alb... May '16 wowed 4
News Bill Clinton to campaign in New Mexico for Hill... May '16 Another 26
For Espanola, NM, And People Of THis Town (Nov '15) Jan '16 Food And 11
Corey Atencio Was Given Free Meal El Paragua Re... (Dec '15) Jan '16 marggie 3
87532 city hires, tony valdez warrrior boxer, c... (Feb '15) Jan '16 martinez 2
espanola Police Department lawenforcement (Feb '15) Dec '15 lana93 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Espanola Mortgages