Review: Vinz Wine Bar
Mrs C

Escondido, CA

#1 Jan 8, 2012
We attempted to use a Groupon type certificate at Vinz and they would not honor it. It clearly stated that it could not be used for "Happy Hour Pricing". So my family of four went to Vinz, ordered in excess of 30.00 from Happy Hour Pricing which we assumed we would pay for, and then ordered another 50.00 from the regular full priced dinner menu, which the certificate should have been valid for. Not the case. When we presented the certificate, we were met with literally a rude and abrupt Vinnie/Owner who would not honor it because we ordered Happy Hour food on the same "bill" as the regular food. He said it would be too "hard" to seperate the happy hour items from the regular ones (really??) and had we not ordered happy hour items, we could have used the certificate. Even though my husband pointed out that Vinz was indeed making extra money since we were PAYING for the happy hour fare and applying the certificate towards full price items, this owner disagreed and said he had "done the math" and they would be losing money. He then pointed out that his place was crowded and "did not need the business." Are you kidding me? Rather than be further humiliated in front of a packed house and our children and rather then argue with such illogical reasoning, we paid a hefty bill of 80.00 plus and left. Vinz is clearly abusing their coupons (read on - there are more complaints in this column) and have no idea how to treat their customers. Vinnie - "do the math" -- you certainly do not deserve the business of your patrons and are not the only game in town, even though your big ego and attitude suggest just that. I will make certain I share my experience with everyone so that they can avoid your rude treatment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Escondido Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Power Outage Aug 18 Rick B 1
News Illegal Immigrants- GO HOME!!! (Feb '09) Aug 15 BuildTheWall 415
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) Aug 13 badlucks 102
finding prostitute in escondido (Mar '10) Jul 30 Vgeronimo 12
News Low-income residents to receive free Christmas ... (Nov '06) Jul 29 Marty 252
gt new identificatn pckage pssports , dl and ot... Jul 25 patrickrobin 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Poway Jul '17 Sheila Marqueses 11

Escondido Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Escondido Mortgages