The Erwin Record
ugh

Church Hill, VA

#1 Dec 15, 2011
What the hell-o is wrong with them?
ugh

Church Hill, VA

#2 Dec 15, 2011
I have never seen a paper more biased for one side.
Kindred Soul

Bakersville, NC

#3 Dec 15, 2011
They don't want to piss off their advertisers who support (or pretend to support so they don't piss off customers ) Sheriff/King Kent. $$ means more than truth.
Watchdog

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Dec 15, 2011
Pick up a copy next week. Negative opinions about the paper may change. Keith Whitson, the publisher who recently took over for Mark Stevens, who Harris had under his thumb, and Dustin Street, a new reporter, have different views about all the UC government and how news should be reported both fairly and objectively no matter the subject. I think that you will see a new trend in the Erwin Record's reporting of the facts. I am so encouraged that I have bought a new subscription. I had boycotted the paper the entire time that Stevens was the publisher.
FriendFinder

Johnson City, TN

#5 Dec 15, 2011
There have been a lot of GOOD PEOPLE who have suffered immensely for standing up for the right honest good and just thing. Persecuted for not agreeing or supporting a corrupt vicious bullying family and Sheriff's Department. Many of the Sheriff's Dept employees are wonderful honest people who have had to turn a blind eye to the corruption to keep a job to feed their families. People have lost their jobs and much more for standing alone against this man and his mafia. When you rule out of fear, instead of respect, you will be taken down. Good always wins in the end. Justice is always served. I think Mark Stevens done an excellent job while he was at the Erwin Record. He had his fair share intimidation for speaking the truth as well.
R U Serious

Lenoir, NC

#6 Dec 15, 2011
FriendFinder how do you get "wonderful honest people" who knew/guessed what was happening in the UCSD and kept quite about it ? If they knew then they are as guilty as the sheriff .
Jack Diddly

Johnson City, TN

#7 Dec 15, 2011
Watchdog wrote:
Pick up a copy next week. Negative opinions about the paper may change. Keith Whitson, the publisher who recently took over for Mark Stevens, who Harris had under his thumb, and Dustin Street, a new reporter, have different views about all the UC government and how news should be reported both fairly and objectively no matter the subject. I think that you will see a new trend in the Erwin Record's reporting of the facts. I am so encouraged that I have bought a new subscription. I had boycotted the paper the entire time that Stevens was the publisher.
Thanks for shedding light on the Erwin record.I quit reading and thought Stevens was still there until you corrected me......Thanks,I hope what you say is true and they report facts unbiased.Stevens was a joke and needs to find another job.
DUH

Church Hill, VA

#8 Dec 27, 2011
Dustin Street is Watchdog

i thought everybody knew that

why are u commenting on yourself? big ego, small.. eh heh heh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erwin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
April Kinley-Helle (Jul '17) 24 min Maybe 16
Joe Grandy please suspend your campaign 1 hr Coach 1
Cruise-in downtown Elizabethton. 3 hr Haha 98
Girls 15 hr Lmao 6
Jimmy Erwin running for Sheriff! (Mar '17) Mon NEW TO TOWN 58
Is WEMB Finally Off The Air? Mon Marky Billson 17
Charlie Baxter built it and Terry tore it down ... Apr 21 South side coal 8

Erwin Jobs

Personal Finance

Erwin Mortgages