First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Disappointed

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Jul 23, 2012
Notice regarding 'Letters to the Editor' deadlines
NOTICE
Due to the nature of the race for sheriff of Unicoi County, The Erwin Record will not accept any letters after July 17 concerning candidates that require a response. July 24 will be for any response needed to letters from the week before. No political letters will be accepted after July 24. All letters will be at the discretion of the newspaper to reject or edit for libelous content.

Rapture

Shelton, WA

#2 Jul 23, 2012
Disappointed wrote:
NOTICE
Due to the nature of the race for sheriff of Unicoi County, The Erwin Record will not accept any letters after July 17 concerning candidates that require a response. July 24 will be for any response needed to letters from the week before. No political letters will be accepted after July 24. All letters will be at the discretion of the newspaper to reject or edit for libelous content.
Can't blame em for that,after all,I know of at least TWO occassions where there was an ERROR(?????????when the story came out in print.The erwin record and the johnson city press are jokes.Same good ole boy mentality behind the machine.That is MY OPINION,LIKE IT OR BITCH ABOUT<I COULD CARE LESS:)

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Jul 23, 2012
Disappointed wrote:
NOTICE
I Found This Out The Hard Way,Stayed Up All Night Thursday Night Writing A Letter.Made it To The Erwin Record Right At 12 Friday To Get it in Before Deadline,and was Told My Letter Wouldn't Be Published.I Know it's Not Perfectly Edited, But Give Me A Break I was Tired!Lol
https://www.facebook.com/groups/4007309099639...

Location hidden

#4 Jul 23, 2012
Rapture

Shelton, WA

#5 Jul 24, 2012
Great letter Tina..Just got off the phone with the REAL Top Brass,and they approve as well:)
Looking In

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jul 24, 2012
Great Letter Tina. I hope you and John Day, and Doug Bowman Sue the Living Daylights out of that bunch, And I think all of Mr. Woods Posts and threats should be sent to the NRC, DOE and the Main B7W Office.
Ben Franklin

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jul 24, 2012
Before it's over I believe Harris/Woods will need plenty of "Franklin's" to Pay the people they have wronged the most. Enjoyed the letter Tina, it's a shame the paper wouldn't publish it. This town needs more people like You and John Day that have the Guts to stand up for what's right. Keep up the good work you've got more people in your corner than you realize.
The Blues

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jul 24, 2012
Tina Crowder wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo .php?fbid=498869776806435& set=oa.408709149166125&typ e=1&theater
Sorry Here it is...
Why do you worry so much about Unicoi County? Why don't you take a little interest in the county you live in. Try to make Carter County a better place like you did Unicoi County when you moved.
Hiding behind the Yoko Ono glasses can't hide the ignorance of your every statement.
just did

Clover, SC

#9 Jul 24, 2012
If I was Mike I would sue the hound out of them
Average Joe

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Jul 24, 2012
I was really disappointed today to find boring letters to the editor at a time when we need to get things out in the open. I like reading people's comments about how they feel. The cartoonist Holt offends me as well. Week after week he draws ignorant stuff that is offensive and makes the paper look bad. Keith needs to run the paper in a more fair and professional manner. Sensorship and offensive cartoons leave a bad taste in people's mouths and they will get to where they don't read the paper anymore. I like to look forward to getting my paper and be entertained when I read it, and today's was a waste of paper.
Cupid

United States

#11 Jul 24, 2012
Average Joe wrote:
I was really disappointed today to find boring letters to the editor at a time when we need to get things out in the open. I like reading people's comments about how they feel. The cartoonist Holt offends me as well. Week after week he draws ignorant stuff that is offensive and makes the paper look bad. Keith needs to run the paper in a more fair and professional manner. Sensorship and offensive cartoons leave a bad taste in people's mouths and they will get to where they don't read the paper anymore. I like to look forward to getting my paper and be entertained when I read it, and today's was a waste of paper.
it was a Wasted $.75
Lacy

Mckenzie, TN

#12 Jul 24, 2012
Tina Crowder wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo .php?fbid=498869776806435& set=oa.408709149166125&typ e=1&theater
Sorry Here it is...
You know if you was as good at digging up dirt on ALL the candidates we all would be better informed.
RAPTURE

Shelton, WA

#13 Jul 24, 2012
Lacy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know if you was as good at digging up dirt on ALL the candidates we all would be better informed.
Why don't you get off YOUR lazy ass and TRY to dig some dirt up,Chicken Lips??:)

Location hidden

#14 Jul 25, 2012
Lacy wrote:
<quoted text>
Digging Up Dirt! Are You INSANE???Don't Answer That...I Already Know The Answer...My Letter was Based on an Ad Mr Lengel put in the Paper Last Week...I Just Pointed Out a Few Facts That He Failed To Mention...Glad I Struck a Nerve Though!!!Lol
Publisher

Knoxville, TN

#15 Jul 25, 2012
Cupid wrote:
<quoted text>it was a Wasted $.75
Yes it was,I find it hard to believe they wouldn't publish Tina's letter.Over the past few years I have noticed every time she writes one the paper sales out.I realize the editor has the discretion to publish or not publish a letter to the editor, but I thought his job was to sale papers.I hope people begin to see how biased the Erwin Record has been, and Boycott it until they get a New Editor!
Publisher

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jul 25, 2012
Tina Crowder wrote:
<quoted text>Digging Up Dirt! Are You INSANE???Don't Answer That...I Already Know The Answer...My Letter was Based on an Ad Mr Lengel put in the Paper Last Week...I Just Pointed Out a Few Facts That He Failed To Mention...Glad I Struck a Nerve Though!!!Lol
Loved it!!!

Location hidden

#18 Jul 25, 2012
iroc wrote:
THANKS TINA. MY LAWYER WILL LIKE THIS LETTER THANKS FOR SHARING IT WITH ALL OF US.
Your Welcome,,,I Guess I'm going to get sued for Slander...Lol
Loner

Johnson City, TN

#19 Jul 25, 2012
Tina Crowder wrote:
<quoted text>Your Welcome,,,I Guess I'm going to get sued for Slander...Lol
one thing you can't do is sue for slander because everything said about you is true
Rapture

Portland, OR

#20 Jul 25, 2012
Loner wrote:
<quoted text>
one thing you can't do is sue for slander because everything said about you is true
Still flaping your beak I see:)I hear your fat ass is in for a suprise as well,dumplin:)
Taxpayer

Johnson City, TN

#21 Jul 26, 2012
I say boycott the Erwin Record. Nuttin but sales coupons anyway. Waste of money...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erwin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angel Street 13 hr Truth 16
Schools in CC 15 hr donnie 8
karen seely anderson? Tue Locals 9
hair in a biscuit,and such.sayings and tales fr... (Feb '12) Sep 26 Vol 21
Charlie Jones Sep 25 becauseican 1
Cheating husbands (May '15) Sep 25 wvlynn 18
Terry Ledford (Mar '15) Sep 23 I spy with my lit... 95

Erwin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance