First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tangerine

Knoxville, TN

#21 Aug 29, 2012
simply me wrote:
<quoted text>
Not getting in this hassle but John Day was born and raised here. His dad was a railroad worker and the family owned the 7 Days Drive-in on Rock Creek. His Mom was a sister to the late Dr. Earl Peterson, a prominent physician here for many years. He is also a first cousin to Johnny Lynch's wife, Pat.
so why is he always poking around in the court house? looks like he just likes to stir things up.
taxedenuff

United States

#22 Aug 29, 2012
someone needs to poke around! if more people did maybe a tighter ship would be run.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#23 Aug 30, 2012
taxedenuff wrote:
someone needs to poke around! if more people did maybe a tighter ship would be run.
Exactly!

Rock Hill, SC

#24 Aug 30, 2012
Mars wrote:
<quoted text>educate yourself,before posting. monies did not come from county budget. could have bought new desk, computer, etc., but chose to equip courtroom with technology that will benefit the citizens. sorry we don't live in mayberry. i think it was a good move by mitzi.
Did that money just fall out of the sky?? Bottom line is that it was taxpayers money. We are taxed to death already and here we go with this wheel tax issue again. I wouldn't have a problem paying $20 or $25 a year but once they get it in place it will continue to increase.
taxpayer

United States

#25 Aug 30, 2012
Tina Crowder wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly!
Isn't it wierd that some people are scared to death for the truth to be revealed! I know if I was an elected official and someone stated I was corrupt, I would welcome whomever to prove it, that is if I were not quilty.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26 Aug 30, 2012
Mayberry4516 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did that money just fall out of the sky?? Bottom line is that it was taxpayers money. We are taxed to death already and here we go with this wheel tax issue again. I wouldn't have a problem paying $20 or $25 a year but once they get it in place it will continue to increase.
That is my question,if things are purchased at no cost to the taxpayer,does this mean the stuff was donated or bought with their own money?
Bonnie

Knoxville, TN

#27 Aug 30, 2012
taxedenuff wrote:
I Agree!!

Location hidden

#28 Aug 30, 2012
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it wierd that some people are scared to death for the truth to be revealed! I know if I was an elected official and someone stated I was corrupt, I would welcome whomever to prove it, that is if I were not quilty.
Your Right,an Elected Official Paid by the Taxpayers Should have Nothing to Hide!
booger

Elizabethton, TN

#29 Aug 30, 2012
Tina Crowder wrote:
<quoted text>Your Right,an Elected Official Paid by the Taxpayers Should have Nothing to Hide!
The beer board needs to run a tighter ship also.

Location hidden

#30 Aug 30, 2012
booger wrote:
<quoted text>
The beer board needs to run a tighter ship also.
LOL,you have a one track mind........

Location hidden

#31 Aug 30, 2012
Randy Higgins 1964 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,you have a one track mind........
They Do!!! When they can't think of anything to say,they just Attack and Try to intimidate...Lol
citizen

United States

#32 Aug 30, 2012
herd day is backing off on tax office cause commissioners won't support him. i think he should continue his fight for justice!
Just Saying

Knoxville, TN

#33 Aug 30, 2012
I guess reading the articles over the past few days. It is not possible to lower property taxes and use the wheel tax instead. The county can't balance the budget. I don't want a wheel tax and property taxes the same. That would be a double tax. I just wonder how much longer the county can rely on property owners to bail them out.

Brevard, NC

#34 Aug 30, 2012
If I can't balance my household budget, I cut back and look for ways to make my paycheck go farther. Plus, I don't waste my money. I don't have the luxury of whining and complaining to my boss for more money. I suggest the county do the same.
citizen

United States

#35 Aug 30, 2012
Mayberry4516 wrote:
If I can't balance my household budget, I cut back and look for ways to make my paycheck go farther. Plus, I don't waste my money. I don't have the luxury of whining and complaining to my boss for more money. I suggest the county do the same.
The sad thing is, alot of tax payers have cut back so much that they can't cut back any farther. Look what has happened this year, most appraisals went up because of the"reappraisal" from the assessers office and now we are looking at a tax increase on top of that. So most will see a double wammy! Everybody better get ready because I have a feeling there is going to be more foreclosers thanever before in this county. Sad times!
Bout Time

Jonesborough, TN

#36 Aug 30, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
I guess reading the articles over the past few days. It is not possible to lower property taxes and use the wheel tax instead. The county can't balance the budget. I don't want a wheel tax and property taxes the same. That would be a double tax. I just wonder how much longer the county can rely on property owners to bail them out.
Maybe you need to call Commissioner Thomas. He can educate you about a wheel tax. I too was against it at first but after it was explained to me, it will cost property owners a lot less unless they own several vehicles. Yes, the wheel tax can take the place of part of the property tax. I am not sure you understand what a double tax is but having a wheel tax and a property tax together is not a double tax. The wheel tax is shared by more people so it means you pay less. More and more people are starting to favor a wheel tax as it is more fair and less costly. In my opinion, only uneducated people and mexicans would be against a wheel tax.
citizen

United States

#37 Aug 30, 2012
Bout Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you need to call Commissioner Thomas. He can educate you about a wheel tax. I too was against it at first but after it was explained to me, it will cost property owners a lot less unless they own several vehicles. Yes, the wheel tax can take the place of part of the property tax. I am not sure you understand what a double tax is but having a wheel tax and a property tax together is not a double tax. The wheel tax is shared by more people so it means you pay less. More and more people are starting to favor a wheel tax as it is more fair and less costly. In my opinion, only uneducated people and mexicans would be against a wheel tax.
I don't know what he explained to you, but I would rather pay $100 dollars more in property tax than have a $35-$40 wheel tax. Once this can of worms is opened it will stay with us forever. Check out other surrounding counties. The commission can raise it every year if they need too, as you can't do a one time wheel tax nor can it be capped.Plus raise our property tax too if needed. So I do look at it as a double tax.

Location hidden

#38 Aug 31, 2012
Bout Time wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens when Thomas and the other commissioners leave?I have a friend that lives out West,they voted a wheel tax in a few years ago.It started out $25 per vehicle,it wound up 2 years ago over $600 per vehicle.
I have faith in our commissioners we have now,well the majority of them.But I don't trust the future commissioners.
Now if they wanted to do a wheel tax and put a cap on it and leave any future increases up to the citizens,then it would be a good thing,but I don't think they could set it up like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erwin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pokeman No 3 min Gloria Gransfield 8
Choir 2 hr oatmeal stu 7
Reptilian Hybrid 3 hr TruthNow 1
Alex Jones is actually Bill Hicks 13 hr TruthNow 1
chips 14 hr TurboTard 20
Terry Ledford (Mar '15) 14 hr Confused redneck 60
Busted paper 22 hr Help your youth out 8

Erwin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance