Fired City Worker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Why Isnt

Johnson City, TN

#1 Dec 15, 2011
why isn't the citizens for justice saying anything the city worker being fired. Right or wrong the worker should have been given the choice to resign or being fired. Even the President and any supervising official are give that option. As it is the worker was fired with 27 years employment and because of that lost his retirement also
John Day

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Dec 15, 2011
It is unfortunate and sad that someone with so many years on the job lost his job, especially considering the current local economic conditions and the time of year.

However, I met yesterday with Randy Trivette to discuss his decision to terminate Mr. Mumpower. After reviewing Mr. Trivette's justification for the termination I agree with his decision. Furthermore, I believe that the use of inmates to perform any work on county or town vehicles should be immediately terminated and the use of inmates to perform any work outside the jail facilities should be done using sound judgment and under the appropriate law enforcement supervision.
ABOUT TIME

Johnson City, TN

#3 Dec 15, 2011
Thank God they finally got rid of him...
FriendFinder

Johnson City, TN

#4 Dec 15, 2011
A true friend will never expect you to lie for them, cover for them, or do anything illegal to protect them and compromise your own integrity. So if that's Kent's defination of "true friend" I'm glad I have none. He should be ashamed to post on his facebook page how all these evildoers are trying to take him out of office. He done that himself. You reap what you sow and you will be held accountable for your own actions either here on this earth or in Glory. I'm sure a lot more of Kent's "friends" will be going down as he does too.
Why Isnt

Johnson City, TN

#5 Dec 15, 2011
John Day wrote:
It is unfortunate and sad that someone with so many years on the job lost his job, especially considering the current local economic conditions and the time of year.
However, I met yesterday with Randy Trivette to discuss his decision to terminate Mr. Mumpower. After reviewing Mr. Trivette's justification for the termination I agree with his decision. Furthermore, I believe that the use of inmates to perform any work on county or town vehicles should be immediately terminated and the use of inmates to perform any work outside the jail facilities should be done using sound judgment and under the appropriate law enforcement supervision.
Just so everyone knows where you stand. Not giving him the option to quit so he wouldn't lose his retirement sorry. Maybe after next city mayor election there will be some more positions open in the city gov,t
Sam Davis

Kingsport, TN

#6 Dec 15, 2011
Mis Information is the reason people get all worker up. Call Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System yourself. Unless convicted of a crime no employee fired or one who resigned looses the years of service for retirement
scout

Johnson City, TN

#7 Dec 15, 2011
Why would Randy meet with a John Day? Did anyone meet with your Boss at NFS when they fired you? You are part horse John Day, can you guess which part?
John Day

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 Dec 15, 2011
scout wrote:
Why would Randy meet with a John Day? Did anyone meet with your Boss at NFS when they fired you? You are part horse John Day, can you guess which part?
Mr. "scout," many of you Harris supporters have made some very strong, uneducated statements about my working relationship at NFS, which is potentially very damaging to NFS at a time when renewing their license to manufacture nuclear fuel for the U.S. Navy's fleet is crucial to their business operations. You should be educated about Topix.com 's terms of service agreement wherein they are very generous when it comes to providing law enforcement with electronic information about posts made on their Web site:

Terms of Service: Overview

Topix cooperates with legitimate law enforcement, school officials requests & DMCA Complaints and we respect your privacy.

As I have told others tonight about their posts, your statement here is not only libelous but now constitutes criminal harassment. In addition, in the event that you are a NFS employee you should consider what they might do when they are made aware of your identity with Tennessee being an "at will" work state that would allow NFS to terminate your employment immediately with no justification required. Your location has already been documented, so it's too late to delete your post. I suggest that you either retract your statement, except the part calling me a horses body part (not libelous, just childish), and offer me an apology in a post in this thread or wait in anticipation for that knock on your door like the one that was received by the sheriff department last week when their computers were seized. I'm confident that it will come when you least expect it. You have 24 hours to make that post. Then I'll make my phone call.
Hmmm

Nashville, TN

#9 Dec 16, 2011
John Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. "scout," many of you Harris supporters have made some very strong, uneducated statements about my working relationship at NFS, which is potentially very damaging to NFS at a time when renewing their license to manufacture nuclear fuel for the U.S. Navy's fleet is crucial to their business operations.
OK I dont know any of you people but have to ask...why would anyone involved in renewing the NFS license give two craps about why you left NFS unless there is a fundamental problem with how NFS conducts its operations?
GO BY THE RULES

Gate City, VA

#10 Dec 16, 2011
Who has taken Mumpowers place as been in charge?
Better news

Monroe, NC

#11 Dec 16, 2011
GO BY THE RULES wrote:
Who has taken Mumpowers place as been in charge?
Probably someone from southside church,or it will be.
Jack Diddly

Johnson City, TN

#12 Dec 16, 2011
Better news wrote:
<quoted text>Probably someone from southside church,or it will be.
That would be good to have a true Godly person in there.Every church has hypocrites,and I'm sure there are some there,but I know a lot of good people that go there also.
ABOUT TIME

Johnson City, TN

#13 Dec 16, 2011
The fired city worker was working at court thursday,he was security.lol!
missylou

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Dec 16, 2011
as for carroll mumpower being fired i dont know what has happened in the past with him but if it was misuse of the inmates i think cozy silvers and henry hampton both should be fired also they let the inmates do as they please these two are always letting them meet with their wives or girlfriends get intoxicated or what ever they want to do tbi should clean house on the whole county.how can someone be off work for over a year or longer and continue to get a paycheck from the county highway dept,maybe tbi should look at greg lynch's office and see why he is signing all the paychecks for these people not working wonder if he would sign some for me
DangYo Suu Ma g

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Dec 16, 2011
missylou wrote:
as for carroll mumpower being fired i dont know what has happened in the past with him but if it was misuse of the inmates i think cozy silvers and henry hampton both should be fired also they let the inmates do as they please these two are always letting them meet with their wives or girlfriends get intoxicated or what ever they want to do tbi should clean house on the whole county.how can someone be off work for over a year or longer and continue to get a paycheck from the county highway dept,maybe tbi should look at greg lynch's office and see why he is signing all the paychecks for these people not working wonder if he would sign some for me
Mr. Mumpower worked for the city of Erwin. Cozy Silvers and Henry Hampton work for the Sheriff Dept. Regardless of what anybody thinks , David Kent Harris is still in charge of the Dept. and is responseable along with Ronnie Adkins for the policies ( which apparently change on a daily basis) of the Dept. and the actions of these employees. I'm sure these concerns have been brought to their attention in the past but they don't seem to care.Reportedly the inmate who was recaptured after escaping a few days ago said he was not trying to escape he just had his wife take him to JC to get a bottle of liquor to share with inmates who were in the garage working on sheriff dept. vehicles. GO FIGURE.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16 Dec 16, 2011
Inmates should not be allowed to walk around unsupervised. I have saw this on several ocassions. As far as inmates working on Sheriff Dept. vechicles, that has to be the most absurd thing I have heard. I wouldn't want to be the one driving the vechicle that the person I put in jail worked on. Just sayin!
Deerhunter _11

Winchester, TN

#18 Dec 22, 2011
People you all are wronf about Carrol Scumpower he is two face Peice of crap and he has had this coming to him for a long time. I know for a fact in Oct. 2010 He got spended for 3 day for sexual Harashment to one of his workers He ask the work how everyone D**k tasted in the town and told that young man that his girl friend was a slut that is imature in my book. He never has a good word to say about anyone Im glad Randy opend his eyes and fired him I have talked to the workers at the Street Dept and they say it is so much better with out him and im glad he is gone to that worthless two face peice of crap.
Deerhunter _11

Winchester, TN

#19 Dec 22, 2011
Oh if you people that are on Scumpowers side ask some of the people that use to work under him they will tell you the same thing. And whoever said Henry Hampton and Jason Harris should be fired are a bunch of idiots. And Jon Day is noting but a baby and a trouble maker Mr. Day grow you a sit and stop being a big cry baby Kent did do wrong and I hope he does stay in Office. You Big baby Grow up.
Deerhunter _11

Winchester, TN

#20 Dec 22, 2011
Oh and for you Missylou Henry and Jason yes let them meet with there wife but they stay with them the whole time to make sure nothing happens and it never does I can see that Missylou is just one of those people that dont have a clue what she is talking about so why dont you just kept you mouth shut along with that worthless Jon Day.
Deerhunter _11

Winchester, TN

#21 Dec 22, 2011
Why Isnt wrote:
why isn't the citizens for justice saying anything the city worker being fired. Right or wrong the worker should have been given the choice to resign or being fired. Even the President and any supervising official are give that option. As it is the worker was fired with 27 years employment and because of that lost his retirement also
I will tell you why they are not trying to help Carrol Mumpower aka scumpower is cause he has like 4 pages of write up on him the last one Sexual Harrassment against one of his workers which the worker could have got a lawer and took it to court but didnt like i have alwas heard what goes around comes around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erwin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MedicOne 4 hr Main Street USA 8
Radio Station Threads Go From Three To One Back... 6 hr Maries beef curtains 190
city hall 13 hr Leroy brown 5
Trooper Wigand 13 hr Leroy brown 13
any new guys in town 14 hr Ms daisey 2
School teacher charged with rape. 14 hr Sessions 7
Thanks To The Moderator 16 hr Skunks at the Pic... 1

Erwin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erwin Mortgages