First Prev
of 13
Next Last
good field

Butler, TN

#1 Mar 17, 2012
Ron Arnold 22 years experience

Michael Dawson: Police Officer at NFS

James Lengel: degree in business management from Akron U., Science degree from Kent State, 30 years law experience in law enforcement,Sergeant at Notre Dame Police Dept, Chief Deputy in Ohio over 100 employees of which 60 were deputies, detective in Bainbridge, Ohio, Federal officer for the U.S. Secret Service

Is there any doubt who should be the next sheriff. I want to see how Thomas and Bowman can justify their choice.
good governance

Butler, TN

#2 Mar 17, 2012
good field wrote:
James Lengel: degree in business management from Akron U., Science degree from Kent State, 30 years law experience in law enforcement,Sergeant at Notre Dame Police Dept, Chief Deputy in Ohio over 100 employees of which 60 were deputies, detective in Bainbridge, Ohio, Federal officer for the U.S. Secret Service
Is there any doubt who should be the next sheriff. I want to see how Thomas and Bowman can justify their choice.
If I was anybody else I don't think I would embarrass myself by turning in my application. And a couple should withdraw
Hmmmm

Nashville, TN

#3 Mar 17, 2012
good field wrote:
Would only caution that credentials are very good to have but not the whole picture of who would make the best choice. As a voter, I am just as interested in the person's stance on local issues and who he/she associates with. For instance, look at one of our other local Sheriffs who used to be a DEA agent, however, is alleged to be drunk half the time, allegedly lives with a felon and has way too much public drama in his private life. Just sayin...
Rotten Apple

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Mar 17, 2012
Ron Arnold = Harris crony and partner in crime. Should be shown the door immediately.
sam i am

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Mar 17, 2012
sounds like this james lengel is very qualified it would be nice to have someone with no axe to grind and open minded.
dirk

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Mar 17, 2012
But mike hensley can play a mean banjo and even give lessons to married weomen then end up taking them away from their husband must put a trance over them like the pied piper. and mike knows how to falsefy his experience he did work for washington co. sheriff's dept. for 3 weeks once shouldnt that count for him? oh and mike knows how to take care of animals look at the hog pen he keeps them in throws there food on the ground water in there bowels if they are lucky. he treats them coon dogs better than he has treated the children he is no father too.
Gotcha

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 Mar 17, 2012
Didn't know there was a Harris named "dirk."
track

Stanley, NC

#8 Mar 17, 2012
good field wrote:
1. Does he have common sense? I've seen people with high qualifications and 80 percent has no common sense. That's how they can justify it. This county is so diverse you have to know the lingo. One minute you will be talking like a country bumpkin, the next like a Doctor, and then street talk.....etc.
allen

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Mar 17, 2012
DAWSON WILL BE RIGHT UP THERE IN LINE A GOOD MAN GOOD WORK RECORD, HE DOES KNOW HOW TO PUT 40 HRS IN A WORK WEEK.
GOTCHA

Murfreesboro, TN

#10 Mar 17, 2012
Mike i think it is a shame that you would call up a citizen on the phone and try to intimidate her because she is caliing the commissioners to voice her opinion that you should not be appointed. I was going to stay out of the mix but i am going to call the commissioners myself. Call and in a threatening tone try to intimidate me. You make me SICK!
Survivorman

Johnson City, TN

#11 Mar 17, 2012
good field wrote:
Lengel definitely possesses the experience and qualifications, but I have to have the following questions answered before I can throw my whole-hearted support towards him:

Do you own a shotgun and a rifle?

How about a four wheel drive?

Can you plow a field all day long?

Can you catch catfish from dusk to dawn?

Can you make your own whiskey and your own smoke, too?

Can you grow your own tomatoes and make homemade wine?

Can you skin a buck and run a trot line?

Do you say grace?

Do you say Ma'am?

And if you know where these questions came from, then your the MAN!!!!!
Jack Diddly

Johnson City, TN

#12 Mar 17, 2012
GOTCHA wrote:
Mike i think it is a shame that you would call up a citizen on the phone and try to intimidate her because she is caliing the commissioners to voice her opinion that you should not be appointed. I was going to stay out of the mix but i am going to call the commissioners myself. Call and in a threatening tone try to intimidate me. You make me SICK!
And we are supposed to just take your word for this accusation?Talk about desperate,lol..........
Jack Diddly

Johnson City, TN

#13 Mar 17, 2012
Survivorman wrote:
<quoted text>
Lengel definitely possesses the experience and qualifications, but I have to have the following questions answered before I can throw my whole-hearted support towards him:
Do you own a shotgun and a rifle?
How about a four wheel drive?
Can you plow a field all day long?
Can you catch catfish from dusk to dawn?
Can you make your own whiskey and your own smoke, too?
Can you grow your own tomatoes and make homemade wine?
Can you skin a buck and run a trot line?
Do you say grace?
Do you say Ma'am?
And if you know where these questions came from, then your the MAN!!!!!
I would have 2 questions for this guy

#1:With all the high profile jobs listed on your resume,why so many different places?

#2:With having so many prestigious jobs,why would you even be interested in such a small department?

A factory I used to work at called a meeting one day to introduce a new Human Resources Manager.The guy was in his 40's and in introducing him they named about 10 places he had held the same position at.I told a co-worker it seemed he couldn't keep a job,there was a reason he wasn't still with these other companies,come to find out I was right.The man was like a small child,there was more drama because of his lies and him trying to fire people on trumped up reasons.He ended up costing the company over all his shennanigans.

I am not saying this guy is guilty of the same,I don't know him.But if the Harris clan is for him,then something is fishy.Still I wonder why he didn't stay put at one of these jobs.
Survivorman

Johnson City, TN

#14 Mar 17, 2012
Yeah, I agree with you; I was just having one of my silly moments. I would like to see the chronological order of his jobs and see if he progressed or regressed in his job responsibilities. I think that would be very telling.

I'm hoping that the ER and/or JC Press will post the qualifications of each of the candidates and the commissioners allow some input from citizens before arriving at a decision.
how

Butler, TN

#15 Mar 17, 2012
Survivorman wrote:
Yeah, I agree with you; I was just having one of my silly moments. I would like to see the chronological order of his jobs and see if he progressed or regressed in his job responsibilities. I think that would be very telling.
I'm hoping that the ER and/or JC Press will post the qualifications of each of the candidates and the commissioners allow some input from citizens before arriving at a decision.
How are you going to give input. I've called 7 of them and have yet to talk to or get a response from the first one. But yet they say the night of the meeting they will have no public input
how

Butler, TN

#16 Mar 17, 2012
good field wrote:
I'd say in this order
1.intern in college for secret service
2. Notre Dame after college
3.Detective and probably chief investigator at same department
4. now retired

regardless still more qualifications than anyone running or has been down there in many a year
Survivorman

Johnson City, TN

#17 Mar 17, 2012
how wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you going to give input. I've called 7 of them and have yet to talk to or get a response from the first one. But yet they say the night of the meeting they will have no public input
That's a good question. I guess they are our elected representatives and were placed in their positions to be our voice, so I guess we are at their mercy. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that they make the right decision.
Survivorman

Johnson City, TN

#18 Mar 17, 2012
how wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say in this order
1.intern in college for secret service
2. Notre Dame after college
3.Detective and probably chief investigator at same department
4. now retired
regardless still more qualifications than anyone running or has been down there in many a year
If he's had a pretty uneventful career (no firings, etc), that would seem to be the most logical order. I would, however, like to know how he ended up in Unicoi County, how long he has been here, and what ties, if any, he may have to the previous regime.
Justice

United States

#19 Mar 17, 2012
If I were a betting person, I'd say the 5 that will vote yes on who they have already decided on is:
Hensley, Thomas, Wilson, Bennett,and Howell!!!!!
Jack Diddly

Monteagle, TN

#21 Mar 17, 2012
The commissioners have been polling the voters,that is very wise on their part.I talked with one today that is not my commissioner but is a friend.
The Sunshine Law prohibits them from discussing this amongst themselves so we really are at their mercy.
Like it or not,we have to abide by that until we can elect someone in August.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erwin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Constitutional Amendment to stop homosexual mar... 13 min American guy 8
cop in wreck (Jun '13) 1 hr citizen 17
Keith's Automotive Repair And Towing 2 hr wft 1
Confederate 'Peckerwood Pride' Parade in Elizab... 3 hr Elmer Gantry 19
The thing in the middle of Mail & Love Streets!! Thu Bean 2
Terry Ledford Jun 30 new user 321 10
Bobby Hoilman Jun 29 interested 1
More from around the web

Erwin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE