sharon

Woodstock, GA

#1 Oct 17, 2009
Hi to anyone who reads this. I live in north of Atlanta Georgia and have been to Errol (moose watching) at least a dozen times in the last 10 years. It's been two years since I've been there and I'm missing it.
The Appalacian mtns start in my Georgia town. When I look up, I think of Errol. We don't have moose but we do have bear and deer. The mountains here are beautiful but you can't swim in the lakes because of all the poisionous snakes. In the last month, I've killed a copperhead in the garage and a scorpion in the bathroom.
Thinking of Errol with fond memories.

“Watching the News”

Since: Sep 09

Roswell, NM

#2 Oct 18, 2009
you may be thinking of Errol as a short-term visitor, and have a fond memory or two. However, I don't believe that you would enjoy living there at all. Very remote, nothing really there, cold, cold, cold weather for a great deal of the year.
Shotgun Willy

Atkinson, NH

#3 Dec 3, 2009
Errol is a great area to live. Remote? Yes. Peaceful? Yes. Abundant wildlife? Yes.
Yeah, it's colder than Georgia in the winter...for sure. I would still rather live in the remote areas of the northeast than ANY place in Georgia! And yes, I've been to Georgia.
Sharon, you'll be back again and hopefully will enjoy it as much as you remember from past visits!

“Watching the News”

Since: Sep 09

Roswell, NM

#4 Apr 28, 2010
I like Florida myself.
moosey

Burlington, MA

#5 Apr 6, 2013
I was in Errol last weekend and there is still 3-4 feet of snow in the woods. Only saw one moose, but hundreds of deer. The lakes also have 38 inches of ice on them. Brrrr

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Errol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Application Period Open for Armed to Farm - Fre... (Mar '18) Mar '18 Anonymous 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Grunt56 31
News Moose viewing hotspots added to NH itineraries (Sep '12) Oct '14 Berlinite 4
News Refuge's bite of revenue is $5,000 (Oct '12) Oct '12 FED Grab 1
News Robert J. Sanders Sr. (Jul '12) Sep '12 RIP 4
dan oleson (Jun '11) Jun '12 Dreamer 2
News Former Police Chief Could Get Job Back After DWI (Jan '10) Jan '10 upton man 2

Errol Jobs

Personal Finance

Errol Mortgages