Tennessee High School Football - Hous...

Tennessee High School Football - Houston County nipped by Adamsville

There are 5 comments on the MaxPreps story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Tennessee High School Football - Houston County nipped by Adamsville. In it, MaxPreps reports that:

The Adamsville Cardinals held off the visiting Houston County Fighting Irish football team by a count of 13-12 in Friday's league outing. via MaxPreps

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MaxPreps.

Concerned Parent

Clarksville, TN

#1 Oct 23, 2007
Houston Co. Football is in a problematic setting for one reason the players & parents have no respect for the coach. The coaches views are good and findamental but he has lost his sense of true purpose as a coach. A coach should thrive in the participation of the students in his sport, the coach has been to strict in his guidelines to play for his team and has team, football requires discipline and commitment. It is hard to teach Education through the physical aspects if he has a small classroom. Many lessons can be taught in sports but the way other parents talk about the coach is inappropriate causing negative affects on this program through the players and schoolstaff.
The Stewart Co. game, usually the largest in attendance was enlightening, these schools are almost the same size and have similar economic backgrounds. Stewart Co. dominated attendance in support Friday. There was 61 Stewart Co players and 31 Houston Co. players. Numbers are essential in building successful atheletic programs@!!!!
Concerned Tennessean

New Orleans, LA

#2 Nov 19, 2007
Concerned Parent wrote:
Houston Co. Football is in a problematic setting for one reason the players & parents have no respect for the coach. The coaches views are good and findamental (Spelling) but he has lost his sense of true purpose as a coach. A coach should thrive in the participation of the students in his sport, the coach has been to (too) strict in his guidelines to play for his team and has (his?) team, football requires discipline and commitment. It is hard to teach Education through the physical aspects if he has a small classroom (huh?). Many lessons can be taught in sports but the way other parents talk about the coach is inappropriate causing negative affects on this program through the players and schoolstaff.
The Stewart Co. game, usually the largest in attendance was enlightening, these schools are almost the same size and have similar economic backgrounds. Stewart Co. dominated attendance in support Friday. There was (were) 61 Stewart Co players and 31 Houston Co. players. Numbers are essential in building successful atheletic (Spelling)programs@!!!!
Given your weak grammar skills, maybe education should be the focus there.
Informed Parent

Erin, TN

#3 Dec 19, 2007
As a long time friend and former player under HC's Head Coach, I can tell you that numbers guarantee you nothing. Under the present head coach, I and a few friends, defeated three ranked teams in 1986. Games in which no more than 15 HC players broke a sweat. As for the coaches strict discipline, the only problem I see is the fact that he has given ground on several discipline issues in hopes to attract the "numbers" to which you refer. In closing, I'll just point out the significant error you have made in regards to the comparable size of Houston County and Stewart County's High Schools. Stewart County will without a doubt jump to class AAA in 2009. Their enrollment is rapidly approaching 2X that of Houston County. Also, if Houston County's level of discipline must drop to that of SC's to compete with them, then I would prefer we just drop the sport. True story-- SC's head "coach" was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct in a junior varsity game against Houston County. They are really teaching them some great things over there.
Former player

Erin, TN

#4 Oct 22, 2011
Informed Parent wrote:
As a long time friend and former player under HC's Head Coach, I can tell you that numbers guarantee you nothing. Under the present head coach, I and a few friends, defeated three ranked teams in 1986. Games in which no more than 15 HC players broke a sweat. As for the coaches strict discipline, the only problem I see is the fact that he has given ground on several discipline issues in hopes to attract the "numbers" to which you refer. In closing, I'll just point out the significant error you have made in regards to the comparable size of Houston County and Stewart County's High Schools. Stewart County will without a doubt jump to class AAA in 2009. Their enrollment is rapidly approaching 2X that of Houston County. Also, if Houston County's level of discipline must drop to that of SC's to compete with them, then I would prefer we just drop the sport. True story-- SC's head "coach" was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct in a junior varsity game against Houston County. They are really teaching them some great things over there.
Well here we are in 2011, and guess what? Stewart county isn't AAA! Hahaha you really expected that? As for "the coach"...... I had the pleasure (sarcasm) of playing under him. I have played sports my whole life and NEVER once gave up on one. This man made we want to give up on football. I actually considered transferring to Stewart county multiple times. I was kicked off during the middle of a scrimmage for pointing out that I made a sack for a 5 yard loss rather than following my objective of blocking the fullback. When expecting to be congratulated for seeing a problem with our defensive play, I was surprised to see the "bulldog face" as we called it, on my coaches face. He began shouting and screaming at me in front of everyone and I pointed my finger to the ball explaining that I just got a 5 yard sack. At this point he tells me to go stand on the sidelines. I was a 17 year old infuriated young man. I tossed my helmet down once reaching the sidelines. He told me to go home so I went. The next day I come to practice begging to be back on the team so I wouldn't lose my chance's at the colleges that had contacted me.he repeatedly said no. I was nearly in tears. Football was my life at the time and i started both sides of the ball. Weeks later, 3 black members (all starters) of the team were caught stealing a game console from the highschool gymnasium. They were told to run 3 miles each and they could stay on the team. Not the first time this has happened. The coach now is a good coach. He understands that we aren't an nfl team. He conditions the boys like crazy. Which is great because we are never big and most of them stay on the field the entire game. The boys always talk about how the coach cuts up and interacts with them. I just feel like my class and money others were cheated out of 4 years.
2011 alum

Cherokee, AL

#5 Jan 5, 2015
Former player wrote:
<quoted text>Well here we are in 2011, and guess what? Stewart county isn't AAA! Hahaha you really expected that? As for "the coach"...... I had the pleasure (sarcasm) of playing under him. I have played sports my whole life and NEVER once gave up on one. This man made we want to give up on football. I actually considered transferring to Stewart county multiple times. I was kicked off during the middle of a scrimmage for pointing out that I made a sack for a 5 yard loss rather than following my objective of blocking the fullback. When expecting to be congratulated for seeing a problem with our defensive play, I was surprised to see the "bulldog face" as we called it, on my coaches face. He began shouting and screaming at me in front of everyone and I pointed my finger to the ball explaining that I just got a 5 yard sack. At this point he tells me to go stand on the sidelines. I was a 17 year old infuriated young man. I tossed my helmet down once reaching the sidelines. He told me to go home so I went. The next day I come to practice begging to be back on the team so I wouldn't lose my chance's at the colleges that had contacted me.he repeatedly said no. I was nearly in tears. Football was my life at the time and i started both sides of the ball. Weeks later, 3 black members (all starters) of the team were caught stealing a game console from the highschool gymnasium. They were told to run 3 miles each and they could stay on the team. Not the first time this has happened. The coach now is a good coach. He understands that we aren't an nfl team. He conditions the boys like crazy. Which is great because we are never big and most of them stay on the field the entire game. The boys always talk about how the coach cuts up and interacts with them. I just feel like my class and money others were cheated out of 4 years.
I played on the 11 team and Brandon Clark has don an outstanding job of bringing this program back to where it belongs. I played under both him and reames and I tell you reames isn't half the coach Brandon is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ride prices irishfest (Mar '11) 12 hr Smh 3
Taylor Richardson 13 hr Lol 1
Where is the cops? Apr 21 SmallPharts 2
John Michael Huddleston Apr 21 StoryPharts 2
mud boggs (Apr '13) Apr 21 MudPharts 2
Poll Are you coming to the Fair! Sept. 2-6, 2008 Apr 21 MowerPharts 1
Irish Day (Feb '15) Apr 21 CloverPharts 5

Erin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance