Gov. Rendell Flys To Haiti To Rescue ...
Dumb Republicans

Hydetown, PA

#25 Jan 19, 2010
mary p- wrote:
<quoted text> Rendell could have still arranged the flight without going there himself..........typical Democrat, never waste a good crisis..........
Can't you read? He was ASKED to do it.

"Tuma said the Haitian ambassador the the United States asked Rendell to go on the trip, hoping that "someone of his stature" could cut through and problems in the effort, Tuma said"
Dumb Republicans

Hydetown, PA

#26 Jan 19, 2010
robert nc wrote:
<quoted text>
why can't these " american families " adopt our own . our orphanages are over crowded also .
Another idiot that has no idea what he is talking about. Orphanages were the primary way of caring for indigent children in the USA from the mid-19th century to the mid-20th century. After that, foster homes and small institutions like group homes replaced orphanages. They aren't overcrowded. Why do you think people so many adopt foreign children?
Nasty

Edinboro, PA

#27 Jan 19, 2010
Ed Grimly wrote:
Ed, great for Rendell. every little bit of people pitching in can go a long way.
I just heard that Limbaugh is asking people not to give anything to the relief efforts to protest President OBama, there is a real clASS human being, as time moves forward the pill popper shows what a scum bug money hungry leach on society he truly is.
Grimly, you only take in what you want to hear don't you ? Limbaugh did indeed say not to give to the relief effort in Haiti. That's how you heard it right ? The truth is that Limbaugh said that giving to the U.S. government to aid the relief effort would most likely result in further corruption with this funding. Only a small percent of what you give will actually end up as relief when putting money into the hands of government agencies. Instead he encouraged Americans to give to private organizations to distribute the funds to those earthquake victims. Limbaugh's point is that you're likely to have less hands dipping into the till compared to how the government has historically handled similar situations. Can't say that I disagree. That's his stance, not what you like to say you heard.
Bob Oppenheimer

United States

#29 Jan 19, 2010
Dumb Republicans wrote:
<quoted text>
Another idiot that has no idea what he is talking about. Orphanages were the primary way of caring for indigent children in the USA from the mid-19th century to the mid-20th century. After that, foster homes and small institutions like group homes replaced orphanages. They aren't overcrowded. Why do you think people so many adopt foreign children?
because they like to show them off and let everyonr know how good they are... nothing like a haitian chimp strapped in the back seat of your volvo.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#30 Jan 19, 2010
Edward Norton wrote:
Gov. Rendell Jetting To Haiti On Mission To Rescue Orphans
Gov. Rendell was expected late this afternoon to fly from Miami to Port-au-Prince, Haiti, on a rescue mission to pick up 61 children who live in an orphanage run by two sisters from the Pittsburgh area. Rendell spokesman Gary Tuma said Rendell was in Miami this afternoon and scheduled to fly to Haiti. Tuma, who stressed that the plans were all very fluid, said Rendell might already be in Haiti by now.
Rendell spent the weekend working with the U.S. State Department and branches of the military to coordinate an air-lift for the children of the BRESMA orphanage, run by Jamie and Ali McMutrie. Tuma said the Haitian ambassador the the United States asked Rendell to go on the trip, hoping that "someone of his stature" could cut through and problems in the effort, Tuma said.
Of the 61 children, 41 are in some stage of being adopted by American families, Tuma added. The children will be brought to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh and then cared for by Catholic Charities until the adoptions are finalized.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/cityhall/G...
From my blog about the sisters
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Two REAL AMERICAN heros

These two sisters could have come home after the quake. It would have meant leaving the children in their care, behind. They are still there hoping and praying for relief to get to them in time.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10014/1028261-...
Just Google 'ben avon sisters+haiti' for many more stories about them.

Stuff it Pat and Rush
Dumb Republicans

Hydetown, PA

#31 Jan 19, 2010
This thread is all the proof you need that only morons and azzholes vote republican.
Dumb Democrats

United States

#33 Jan 19, 2010
Dumb Republicans wrote:
This thread is all the proof you need that only morons and azzholes vote republican.
and queers and hippies vote democrat, so be it.
danm

Hudson, OH

#34 Jan 19, 2010
Dumb Republicans wrote:
This thread is all the proof you need that only morons and azzholes vote republican.
I see, so if someone is on the "right" side or disagrees with one who is on the left/progressive side, the they are all just too stupid to understand.They just do not know what is good for them.Try this one on for size. how about all the politicians keep their planes and fat a__es off the runways so the military and real aid can get in there and do some good, before it gets real ugly there? After that they can get their photo-op in Haiti.You know, make them look like they are the hero, asked to be there or not.

Since: Dec 09

Erie, PA

#35 Jan 19, 2010
This is old news but I do remember this past week Bush saying on an interview to send money instead of supplies. The only thing I'm not liking about the media is they are focusing more on one orphanage instead of the whole country itself. All I hear on the news is about that one orphanage.
Paul

Erie, PA

#36 Jan 19, 2010
robert nc wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree ! isn't there enough people around here and in the rest of the usa that need help . what about the homeless, the starving , the children in ther usa .
yes i feel for Haiti but they are getting more than enough help . i will not give to Haiti either .
i actually got a phone call today asking to donate . i told them i'm donating to the locals like the city mission , the soup kitchens and other local places that need the help just as much . the next thing i know , they are hanging up on me .
i'am going to catch hell with some of you on this , but actually i do not care . i say take care of our own before people we do not know .
That is not Hollywood and the Media approved, most people are mindless when it comes to the money and what is really going to happen to people in Haiti. Meanwhile the state governments made huge cuts and are doing absolutely nothing to bring jobs, but then they can fly out bring hundreds of Haitians, feed them, clothe them and give them a job. Haiti is going to cost way over $100 Million and once we leave in a year forget about it and the structures will be destroyed by the constant war.
CRANK

Erie, PA

#37 Jan 19, 2010
He landed and they thought they had suffered another quake.

Since: Apr 09

erie pa

#38 Jan 19, 2010
dontcare wrote:
<quoted text>You got that right on the money. Why bring more trash to PA there are enough illegals who committed voter fraud on behalf of the dems. Next election coming up, I certainly hope every damn dem loses, they need to go!!! I for one am sick of all the coverage Haiti is getting on tv. They didn't do that much for New Orleans, now all the sudden that moron in the whitehouse has gone overboard for a country they does NOTHING to build up their own damn country.
i totally agree also . i can't even watch fox news, cnn, or msnbc for more than 2 minutes without them talking about it .

it's like ok people we are going to spend the next 3 months plus talking about Haiti . and the rest of what is happening to the united states , we are giving 2 minutes each hour .

yes there was a quake , yes there are loads of people hurt and dead , yes people and countrys are coming to help , yes people are doing more for them than the people that need more help here in the USA , yes american families are adopting kids from other countrys other than the ones that need homes here more .

this is all they had to say and be done with it .
good god people give it up already !!@!!!!!
Stop them NOW

Uniontown, OH

#39 Jan 19, 2010
Ed Grimly wrote:
Ed, great for Rendell. every little bit of people pitching in can go a long way.
I just heard that Limbaugh is asking people not to give anything to the relief efforts to protest President OBama, there is a real clASS human being, as time moves forward the pill popper shows what a scum bug money hungry leach on society he truly is.
Rush did NOT say that, YOU are a LIAR!!!
Bob Oppenheimer

United States

#40 Jan 19, 2010
Franken Berry wrote:
This is old news but I do remember this past week Bush saying on an interview to send money instead of supplies. The only thing I'm not liking about the media is they are focusing more on one orphanage instead of the whole country itself. All I hear on the news is about that one orphanage.
the little ones are cute... but they grow up to be ugly

Since: Apr 09

erie pa

#41 Jan 19, 2010
so how much money ... taxpayers money did our govneor waste on flying there and back with these kids ?

i have yet to hear anything about that .

Since: Apr 09

erie pa

#42 Jan 19, 2010
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not Hollywood and the Media approved, most people are mindless when it comes to the money and what is really going to happen to people in Haiti. Meanwhile the state governments made huge cuts and are doing absolutely nothing to bring jobs, but then they can fly out bring hundreds of Haitians, feed them, clothe them and give them a job. Haiti is going to cost way over $100 Million and once we leave in a year forget about it and the structures will be destroyed by the constant war.
thank you
Told Ya So

Canton, OH

#43 Jan 19, 2010
Bob Oppenheimer wrote:
<quoted text>
the little ones are cute... but they grow up to be ugly
I'm guessing you hope they never get a chance to grow up. You don't have to pretend to be a rocket scientist (or an architect) to know that about you.

Since: Apr 09

erie pa

#44 Jan 19, 2010
Dumb Republicans wrote:
<quoted text>
Another idiot that has no idea what he is talking about. Orphanages were the primary way of caring for indigent children in the USA from the mid-19th century to the mid-20th century. After that, foster homes and small institutions like group homes replaced orphanages. They aren't overcrowded. Why do you think people so many adopt foreign children?
so many people adopt foreign children because for most of them it is more than likley a big tax break and get the 15 minutes of fame and get some big time political thing going . orphanages are pretty much the same thing as group homes , foster care , whatever you want to call them they are the same thing .

what happened to help your own before you help others . do you not care that these kids are going to stay over here , live off of us for years to come ? we are in a place right now that people are getting laid off left and right . people are going hungry , people losing there homes and so on , but for you everything is going to be ok since we can spend millions of dollars that we are getting from the chinese ( not ever going to be able to repay it until like 5050 ) to send foodand clothing and other supplies over there to help out and on top of that we are bringing children and families over here so they can sponge from us for years to come . and then with that take your job because they will work for less ?
dontcare

Brookville, PA

#45 Jan 19, 2010
robert nc wrote:
<quoted text>so many people adopt foreign children because for most of them it is more than likley a big tax break and get the 15 minutes of fame and get some big time political thing going . orphanages are pretty much the same thing as group homes , foster care , whatever you want to call them they are the same thing .
what happened to help your own before you help others . do you not care that these kids are going to stay over here , live off of us for years to come ? we are in a place right now that people are getting laid off left and right . people are going hungry , people losing there homes and so on , but for you everything is going to be ok since we can spend millions of dollars that we are getting from the chinese ( not ever going to be able to repay it until like 5050 ) to send foodand clothing and other supplies over there to help out and on top of that we are bringing children and families over here so they can sponge from us for years to come . and then with that take your job because they will work for less ?
I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank YOU
dennis

Reseda, CA

#46 Jan 19, 2010
robert nc wrote:
<quoted text>so many people adopt foreign children because for most of them it is more than likley a big tax break and get the 15 minutes of fame and get some big time political thing going . orphanages are pretty much the same thing as group homes , foster care , whatever you want to call them they are the same thing .
what happened to help your own before you help others . do you not care that these kids are going to stay over here , live off of us for years to come ? we are in a place right now that people are getting laid off left and right . people are going hungry , people losing there homes and so on , but for you everything is going to be ok since we can spend millions of dollars that we are getting from the chinese ( not ever going to be able to repay it until like 5050 ) to send foodand clothing and other supplies over there to help out and on top of that we are bringing children and families over here so they can sponge from us for years to come . and then with that take your job because they will work for less ?
wait till you get the HIV bill.....the GonJah and the beaches won't be worth it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Say Goodbye to GE 4 min Well 40
Criminal Lou Aliota on Millcreek School Board 12 min Lou Rules 38
McDowell Football Casino Night 20 min Black Zugzwang 23
Psp patroling Erie streets in full force Friday... 36 min Dancing girl 5
Caleb Pifer threads censored 40 min better way 11 4
'Persons of interest' in double homicide 54 min Brandon 3
RJ Zonna for mayor 2 hr cronytown 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erie Mortgages