What happened to all the hubris?
they are mining for coal in your caernous ass
Dave C

Presto, PA

#3 Jun 28, 2013
Buddy Hinton wrote:
Boy they certainly got quiet.
, I'm going to take a wild guess here - You have a really shittty job. Am i right?
Buddy Hinton

Westlake, OH

#4 Jun 28, 2013
Dave C wrote:
<quoted text> , I'm going to take a wild guess here - You have a really shittty job. Am i right?
Nope, you'd be wrong, sunshine. I own my own business.

But I see what you did there. Everyone who is against unions just has to have a sh1tty job, AMIRITE? CLEVER, VERY CLEVER!
Tim Leary

Newark, NJ

#5 Jun 28, 2013
Dave C wrote:
<quoted text> , I'm going to take a wild guess here - You have a really shittty job. Am i right?
blowing middle management all his life has left him bitter and unfulfilled
truth

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Jun 28, 2013
Buddy Hinton wrote:
Boy they certainly got quiet.
They lost this week and its hard to pretend that this is a good thing. They also want these topics to fall off the top of the list on this forum so that they can go back to pretending that the failed negotiation was good for the membership, so they hope the rest of us will get quiet, too. There are a few failed attempts to make it seem that they saved something, but in the end they know they failed and its downhill from here. Terribly sad for all of us and Terribly true.
Nasty

Canton, OH

#7 Jun 28, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They lost this week and its hard to pretend that this is a good thing. They also want these topics to fall off the top of the list on this forum so that they can go back to pretending that the failed negotiation was good for the membership, so they hope the rest of us will get quiet, too. There are a few failed attempts to make it seem that they saved something, but in the end they know they failed and its downhill from here. Terribly sad for all of us and Terribly true.
It's Erie. Who cares anymore ?
bob2345

Erie, PA

#9 Jun 28, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Erie. Who cares anymore ?
A lot of us care. This week's failure will hurt us all!
Dave C

Struthers, OH

#10 Jun 28, 2013
Buddy Hinton wrote:
<quoted text>
But I see what you did there. Everyone who is against unions just has to have a sh1tty job, AMIRITE? CLEVER, VERY CLEVER!
no not everyone just you ,
Nasty

Canton, OH

#11 Jun 28, 2013
bob2345 wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of us care. This week's failure will hurt us all!
ot o
Yes, it will hurt a lot of people. But here's the big question..... what will Erie people do about it ? Not just those directly losing their jobs but what will Erie people collectively do about it ?
Answer: They'll shrug their shoulders and accept another round of falling a notch further backward. That's what they'll do. Same as they've always done and ever will do. Erie people know no other way. Change for the better ? Why that would take effort and besides that's the responsibility of others, not me !
See the cage Erie is in ? It'll never figure out that to stop the cylce of decline starts in each and every home. Focusing attention on your children by demanding better behaviors and school performance would be a great start. But that takes effort.
Paying attention and demanding more from local politicians is necessary, practicing civic pride, demanding better neighborhoods, etc. all take time and effort and won't show immediate results. So Erie instead sits back as it has done for decades and lets it all rot away. While you lament that the GE layoffs will hurt a lot of people keep the old story of the ant and the grasshopper in mind. You remember don't you ? The industrious and ever mindful ant always attentive to making himself better while the carefree grasshopper mocked the ant for his efforts and did nothing to improve himself. When the rough times hit the foolish grasshopper was left to struggle forever.
Erie is the grasshopper. It's collective inattention and refusal to change has caused it's demise. Erie has reaped the poor crop it has sown and will choke on the scraps. Again.
David Crosby

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jun 28, 2013
Dave C. is Sopper.
Trojan

Akron, OH

#13 Jun 28, 2013
Enjoy the unemployment dumba$$es! Lol - Its a tough place out here in the real world. Greedy idiots.
bob2345

Erie, PA

#14 Jun 28, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>ot o
Yes, it will hurt a lot of people. But here's the big question..... what will Erie people do about it ? Not just those directly losing their jobs but what will Erie people collectively do about it ?
Answer: They'll shrug their shoulders and accept another round of falling a notch further backward. That's what they'll do. Same as they've always done and ever will do. Erie people know no other way. Change for the better ? Why that would take effort and besides that's the responsibility of others, not me !
See the cage Erie is in ? It'll never figure out that to stop the cylce of decline starts in each and every home. Focusing attention on your children by demanding better behaviors and school performance would be a great start. But that takes effort.
Paying attention and demanding more from local politicians is necessary, practicing civic pride, demanding better neighborhoods, etc. all take time and effort and won't show immediate results. So Erie instead sits back as it has done for decades and lets it all rot away. While you lament that the GE layoffs will hurt a lot of people keep the old story of the ant and the grasshopper in mind. You remember don't you ? The industrious and ever mindful ant always attentive to making himself better while the carefree grasshopper mocked the ant for his efforts and did nothing to improve himself. When the rough times hit the foolish grasshopper was left to struggle forever.
Erie is the grasshopper. It's collective inattention and refusal to change has caused it's demise. Erie has reaped the poor crop it has sown and will choke on the scraps. Again.
Yes - and some of them will say "I've still got my job, so what's the problem!" Loser mentality!
Trojan

Akron, OH

#15 Jul 9, 2013
I see $108 million worth of work going to TEXAS LOL!!!! Dumba$$es!!
hammermill

Lyndora, PA

#17 Jul 9, 2013
sorry, planning vacation...
we will get back with you second week of August
David Crosby

Erie, PA

#18 Jul 10, 2013
Buddy Hinton wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddy Hinton IS sopper and he does not own any business unless you consider sitting in your mother's basement posting on topix all day a business. "I own my own business" thats hillarious sopper. Time to come upstairs for your morning porridge your mother just made.
God

Meadville, PA

#19 Jul 10, 2013
Buddy Hinton wrote:
<quoted text> I own my own business.
Yeah, I have a lawn mower too.
Dave C

Struthers, OH

#20 Jul 10, 2013
Buddy Hinton wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Bud, my observation had nothing to do with unions. It just seems to me that you are not very bright, and probably toil all day in some shit hole.
The gop

Erie, PA

#22 Jul 10, 2013
Buddy Hinton wrote:
<quoted text>
What business do you own? You seem to have a winning personality that people would just be naturally attracted to. We are currently in need of viable mayoral and county executive candidates. We could use a go-getter with a big heart that is willing to help cement our status as the party of douche bags. We would love to patronize your business.
AGREE CAN SEE WHAT IT IS

Erie, PA

#24 Jul 10, 2013
Trojan wrote:
Enjoy the unemployment dumba$$es! Lol - Its a tough place out here in the real world. Greedy idiots.
like to struggle and pay bills and live in the real world. Many of these GE workers were unskilled and played it up as if they weren't a dime a dozen to pay, meaning $10-$15 hour worthy, not $30.
I saw a letter in Erie paper today about all unions banding together and walking away from jobs in unison as if so indispensable. Try it and you will join the employment line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big announcement ge April 20th 6 min Joe in 63 146
Wabtec the New GE Erie 36 min New Times 4
Who will Dems put up against trump? 38 min CitizenX 20
Generous Electric Erie, generous no more 1 hr In the know 14
How Liberals Think 2 hr Dennis Davidson 4
Why No Black Outrage? 2 hr Yo momma 21
Ron Jeremy visits GE 2 hr Heavy r 10
Suppository confessed 2 hr usuk Haterssuk 43
Old Erie Bars 5 hr MTH 104
Mother Teresa Academy 5 hr Reality 46