Motorcylce Crash Season

Motorcylce Crash Season

Posted in the Erie Forum

Sly Guy 007

Cleveland, OH

#1 May 7, 2013
I sold my bike about 5 years ago. This time of year I alway get an itch to buy one. However it only takes a week or two of good weather and you see 2-3 fatal motorcycle wrecks. Warning to all riders, you are not safe on a bike in this day and age. Drivers are to distracted by other things to be looking out for you. Sell your bike or get a head that swivels. Good luck.
speed bump

United States

#2 May 7, 2013
At least if I die on my bike I go happy
smart one

Miami, FL

#3 May 7, 2013
why do i have to alter my driving habits for someone who wont wear a helmet.

go wear a helmet then ill worry about looking for bikers. no wonder insurance is so high.
Sly Guy 007

Cleveland, OH

#4 May 7, 2013
My concern with drivers is mostly directed toward the 16-30 age people, who are more concerned with there phone or iPod and they forget they're driving. Basically in this beginning phase of the age of technology there are to many distractions for young drivers. It's truly Scary.
Motorist

Erie, PA

#5 May 7, 2013
speed bump wrote:
At least if I die on my bike I go happy
Good riddance! Too many mid-life idiots who are reckless motorcyclists on the road, then cry foul when they get hurt... Buh-bye!
Motorist

Erie, PA

#6 May 7, 2013
smart one wrote:
why do i have to alter my driving habits for someone who wont wear a helmet.
go wear a helmet then ill worry about looking for bikers. no wonder insurance is so high.
AMEN!
Big Truck Driver

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 May 7, 2013
I love how you bikers want to blame vehicle drivers fro these accidents. These two in the paper have absolutely nothing to do with other drivers. The chick was trying to pass TWO cars and was killed head on. Shame shame on those car drivers for driving the speed limit so this girl could pass them at 11 pm at night. And the second wreck involved the biker going off the road. You all can cry me a river about distracted drivers. The fact is that bad decisions and maybe inexperiece caused both of these deaths. Maybe you should driver the Dirt Devil the legal speed limit, especially at night. I have so many of these dirt bags that fly down my road at night. I have so many deer living in the woods it will be a matter of time before I take my front loader and scape one of these individuals up at the foot of my driveway. It is hard to feel sympatheic to this group of people. You know the cards are against you in every category. It is sad someone died, but it was their decision making that put them in that situation. It is only May 7th and we are going to have lots more of these before the snow flies this year. If your a biker, take a little responsibility for your actions and quit complaining about distracted drivers. Bikers are the problem!!!!
dummy

Erie, PA

#8 May 7, 2013
"why do i have to alter my driving habits for someone who wont wear a helmet.

go wear a helmet then ill worry about looking for bikers. no wonder insurance is so high. "

REALLY????? That makes no sense Listen, i can agree that there are plenty of idiots riding bikes that absolutely should not be, and they make it dangerous for others, but there are more IDIOTS like you driving cars...so you will only "worry" or "alter your driving habits" if someone else wears a helmet? How about just driving safely and being aware of others in general! Not really a "smart one" more like a dumbass!
Sly Guy 007

Cleveland, OH

#9 May 7, 2013
Big Truck Driver wrote:
I love how you bikers want to blame vehicle drivers fro these accidents. These two in the paper have absolutely nothing to do with other drivers. The chick was trying to pass TWO cars and was killed head on. Shame shame on those car drivers for driving the speed limit so this girl could pass them at 11 pm at night. And the second wreck involved the biker going off the road. You all can cry me a river about distracted drivers. The fact is that bad decisions and maybe inexperiece caused both of these deaths. Maybe you should driver the Dirt Devil the legal speed limit, especially at night. I have so many of these dirt bags that fly down my road at night. I have so many deer living in the woods it will be a matter of time before I take my front loader and scape one of these individuals up at the foot of my driveway. It is hard to feel sympatheic to this group of people. You know the cards are against you in every category. It is sad someone died, but it was their decision making that put them in that situation. It is only May 7th and we are going to have lots more of these before the snow flies this year. If your a biker, take a little responsibility for your actions and quit complaining about distracted drivers. Bikers are the problem!!!!
I did not say that every accident was due to careless drivers of cars. What I'm saying is anyone who rides a motorcycle is rolling the dice with there life due to a select group of the driving population not paying attention while driving they're car. I will say that it is only about 20% of bike riders that ride irresponsible.
Yourmomma

Philadelphia, PA

#10 May 7, 2013
The people that are 67-90 years of age that are still driving that scare me the most! After age 65 you should have to retake your drivers test every 3 years.
Sly Guy 007

Cleveland, OH

#11 May 7, 2013
Yourmomma wrote:
The people that are 67-90 years of age that are still driving that scare me the most! After age 65 you should have to retake your drivers test every 3 years.
There are some elderly that should not be driving, but it's more like the 75 and up range. However they are only going 20mph.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican Healthcare FAIL 6 min 0hSAyiTIsNtso 6
Trumps Russia Problem is Far from Marginal - Ne... 9 min tim leary 5
Trump is done! 23 min Coke Can 16
Will I go to Hell 41 min CONgressman killy 2
http://sharingduty.com/?cash=4304 50 min Fksksnnd 1
How does Trump leave 50 min CONgressman killy 3
What Trump wants to accomplish 59 min CONgressman killy 15
G.E. will be ending production in June 2017" p... 1 hr Bldg 6 189
C Frey Facebook thread cant open 1 hr huber 74
Collegiate Academy must be protected. 6 hr Erie Dem Committe... 38