Bill Clinton Just Hit One Out Of The ...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
truth

Erie, PA

#47 Sep 6, 2012
state street stan

Franklin, PA

#48 Sep 6, 2012
foster wrote:
<quoted text>Im sorry I couldn't tell by your writing. Which God did you want included in the platform? Oh yeah, probably YOUR God, right.
Ordinarily , I would consider this to be a very ignorant question but since you do not know ...the only God , the Father,Son & Holy Ghost , The Holy Trinity, This is a Christian Nation.
We shall tolerate all religions & all creeds...... but there is but one God.
Tim Leary

Erie, PA

#49 Sep 6, 2012
state street stan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ordinarily , I would consider this to be a very ignorant question but since you do not know ...the only God , the Father,Son & Holy Ghost , The Holy Trinity, This is a Christian Nation.
We shall tolerate all religions & all creeds...... but there is but one God.
The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." The modern concept of a wholly secular government is sometimes credited to the writings of English philosopher John Locke, but the phrase "separation of church and state" in this context is generally traced to a January 1, 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson, addressed to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut, and published in a Massachusetts newspaper. Echoing the language of the founder of the first Baptist church in America, Roger Williams—who had written in 1644 of "[A] hedge or wall of separation between the garden of the church and the wilderness of the world"— Jefferson wrote, "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."[1]
state street stan

Franklin, PA

#50 Sep 6, 2012
Tim Leary wrote:
<quoted text>
The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." The modern concept of a wholly secular government is sometimes credited to the writings of English philosopher John Locke, but the phrase "separation of church and state" in this context is generally traced to a January 1, 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson, addressed to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut, and published in a Massachusetts newspaper. Echoing the language of the founder of the first Baptist church in America, Roger Williams—who had written in 1644 of "[A] hedge or wall of separation between the garden of the church and the wilderness of the world"— Jefferson wrote, "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."[1]
Tim ...I suggest you reference the motto "One nation under God" or "In God we Trust" or "We are endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights". Yes, we do tolerate & respect other religions & creeds but we are a Christian Nation & to a Christian there is but one God & it is referenced thru out the writings of our forefathers.
Tim Leary

Erie, PA

#51 Sep 6, 2012
state street stan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim ...I suggest you reference the motto "One nation under God" or "In God we Trust" or "We are endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights". Yes, we do tolerate & respect other religions & creeds but we are a Christian Nation & to a Christian there is but one God & it is referenced thru out the writings of our forefathers.
Mottos are one thing. The reference in post 49 is the law of the land. Thank you for playing.
tim leary

United States

#52 Sep 6, 2012
They put seperation of church and state in the first amendment to refute the "divine power of kings". They must have thought it was very important. There will be no king in this country. Ever.
LMAO

Girard, PA

#55 Sep 6, 2012
Yep He Hit One Out Of The Ballpark!
All he did is spout how great he was which make Obama a total fail! LMAO!
LMAO

Girard, PA

#56 Sep 6, 2012
Perfect OPED to explain why Clinton was so great and Obama is a total failure!

Clinton was president with a Democrat Congress for two years. He raised gas taxes. Tried to take over health care and tried to impose a BTU energy tax.

America’s judgment on Clinton: Six years of GOP control of the House and Senate. Then, Clintoncare was deep-sixed, no new taxes imposed, capital gains tax cut, welfare reform finally signed, and the executive branch handed over to the GOP. Jobs. Growth. The stock market went up.

Obama with a Democrat Congress for two years: massive tax hikes, Obamacare, stimulus spending, five trillion in debt, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd’s effort to hide Fannie and Freddie’s bodies in 2,000 pages of regulating other institutions. A lousy recovery compared to everyone.

America’s judgment on Obama: A GOP House and more Republican Senators.

But Harry Reid remains head of the Senate - so now new wounds - but the bleeding hasn’t stopped. Economic growth from the bottom of the recession - weak. Had America grown this time as it did under Reagan there would be 10 million more Americans at work and GDP would be 10 percent higher. Obama did the opposite of Reagan and got the opposite results.

I like Carter best. He gave us Reagan and thereby won the Cold War, ended inflation and created millions of jobs.

Grover NorquistPresident of Americans for Tax Reform :

LMAO!
Tim Leary

United States

#57 Sep 6, 2012
No American king. No American aristocracy. This I will defend, with all I have up to and including my life.
Tim Leary

United States

#58 Sep 6, 2012
christie wrote:
In God we trust. It is on every bill we spent. Oh well, Mr Leary, read what it says on your money.
read the first aendment of the constitution. It is the law of the land, and I will defend it at all costs up to and including my life.
state street stan

United States

#59 Sep 7, 2012
Seperation of Church & State .....

While we are a Christian nation we do insist on the separation of church & state to differ from the practice of that which many foreign countries practiced. One of our principles is tolerance & we do support ones right to worship as they choose.

This is no way changes the fact we were founded by Christians. Our system of government recognizes the existence of God & that we were endowed with our inalienable rights by him.
We do not demand allegiance to any one or group of Christian religions. We do not require allegiance to any one or group of Christian religions to hold office, vote,become a citizen,attend public schools or live & work in any area of this country.
It is called separation of church & state aas stated in our Constitution .....it does not change the fact we are a Christian nation.
Reality

Erie, PA

#60 Sep 7, 2012
Tim Leary wrote:
No American king. No American aristocracy. This I will defend, with all I have up to and including my life.
And yet you want to make obama your king. Hypocrite.
dem i em

Erie, PA

#61 Sep 7, 2012
state street stan wrote:
Seperation of Church & State .....
While we are a Christian nation we do insist on the separation of church & state to differ from the practice of that which many foreign countries practiced. One of our principles is tolerance & we do support ones right to worship as they choose.
This is no way changes the fact we were founded by Christians. Our system of government recognizes the existence of God & that we were endowed with our inalienable rights by him.
We do not demand allegiance to any one or group of Christian religions. We do not require allegiance to any one or group of Christian religions to hold office, vote,become a citizen,attend public schools or live & work in any area of this country.
It is called separation of church & state aas stated in our Constitution .....it does not change the fact we are a Christian nation.
Just be thankful that you weren't black or Native American when these wonderful Christians founded our country.
moby dick

Port Clinton, OH

#62 Sep 7, 2012
Peach Street Stan wrote:
OMG! Bill Clinton just kicked a-- and is taking names. The refublicans have to be shi--ing themselves. Clinton is laying it out how it is the Democrats who stabelized the country after eight years of Chaney-Bush and how Obama cleaned up their mess and there is still a ton of work to be done. We need to get rid of the old dinosaur in the senate Mitch McConnel and some of the other obstructionists who just want to cater to their wealthy refublican cash contributors.
The refublicans don't have anyone who can match the current Democratic lineup, the last think they need is another kennedy and they are going to have to deal with Clinton and OBama being put on a pedestal, they talk about Ol' Dutch Reagan being a great communicator, Dutch couldn't hold Slick Willy Clinton's jock strap!
The race is over in Pa., both Romney and President OBama have pulled their advertyising from the television networks in Pa., Romney knows it is over in Pa. and shortly he is going to realize that he is going to have his a-s handed to him on election night this November.
What a great time to be a Democrat. The tide that came in November 2010 is quickly going out, thank God!
.... but it was T ball bark...
Professor Scootertrash

Erie, PA

#65 Sep 7, 2012
God is Money. Capitalism is a religion.
Stu Pedaso

Erie, PA

#66 Sep 7, 2012
Professor Scootertrash wrote:
God is Money. Capitalism is a religion.
Preach it brother. Money is our God and it is the opium of the Democrat party.
LMAO

Girard, PA

#67 Sep 7, 2012
How the liberals run from facts!

LMAO!
rich guvno

United States

#68 Sep 8, 2012
hey peach st. stan you a-hole.read erie times news section "a" page 3 today sat sept.8,2012. democraps again caught in BIG LIES.you idiot....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erie Club Dues 3 min Dem Diehard 5
GE Erie Isn't Closing 4 min Admit the Truth 70
Who is the shadiest attorney in Erie? (Mar '10) 6 min SMFH 92
Millcreek garbage cans are ridiculous 31 min Elyria OH is dumb 20
Schember on a plane to Chicago 53 min You Imbeciles 12
Trump throws transgenders out of military 1 hr ZUGZWANG 35
thread removal rules 1 hr Franklin Ave 8
UE telling GE workers they may bring other pro... 1 hr hesgoingdown 88
Big Ge announcement 2 hr Crane King 122
Joe Schember: "I will go to GE Headquarters in... 5 hr Promotions 27
ServErie Effort: What a Joke! 10 hr Toogood 59

Erie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erie Mortgages