Grossman running after all for county executive

Full story: GoErie.com

The race for Erie County executive got more crowded when another candidate deciding to join the contest after all.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Go Figure

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

And you though a politicans word was gold, everyone knows politicans speak with forked tongue!!
Nord

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

This guy is a real crafty one. Count the fingers afterward.
I know the guy

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Barry Grossman is not suited for politics. As an educator and business man for so many of his years Barry has fallen into the trap that he is the ultimate authority on how things should be. When you are in charge of students and your own employees they will of course be forced to go along with whatever he says. In the world where he can no longer control the actions or difference of opinions of others he will crumble from the frustration. Politics are full of people with conflicting agendas and ideas and Mr. Grossman will be sorely lacking in tolerance. He should know this about himself.
lakerman1

Cambridge Springs, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Could this be a move by the pizza boy and grossman to freeze out Buzz? Grossman and Buzz would dilute the vote, giving the pizza boy the nomination. Just wondering...
And then the pizza boy could make grossman the president of the fake community college...as payoff.
Penny from Tenney

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Grossman running? lol
Krakker

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

At least the carpetbagger will not have to move out of his house in Fairview and into that flop house on West 6 Street.
BO Plenty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

another avenue to pillage and cheat
Tom

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

lakerman1 wrote:
Could this be a move by the pizza boy and grossman to freeze out Buzz? Grossman and Buzz would dilute the vote, giving the pizza boy the nomination. Just wondering...
And then the pizza boy could make grossman the president of the fake community college...as payoff.
Hmmm, interesting point. Makes sense since the dems that oppose mark would then be split among two candidates and Divecchio wins with a plurality.
Difficult to imagine another outcome. Good thinking.
lakerman1

Cambridge Springs, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Thanks, Tom. I suspect I may be correct.
And if fewer candidates had run in the democratic primary, we might not be burdened with katny hairspray. Another pro-lifer who votes for babykilling, I bet.
LThewes PhD

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

I remember listening to Mr. Grossman's show on AM Radio years ago when I first moved here. I remember thinking to myself, "I hope this guy will run for some kind of office someday." And here he is. Good luck to you, Mr. Grossman. You've got my vote.
Alex Trabec

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

What is the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Tom

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

LThewes PhD wrote:
I remember listening to Mr. Grossman's show on AM Radio years ago when I first moved here. I remember thinking to myself, "I hope this guy will run for some kind of office someday." And here he is. Good luck to you, Mr. Grossman. You've got my vote.
I wonder who the other person was that listened to him. Seriously, his ratings were lower than QLN. Then he turned on his own colleague and supported the boycott against his own station.
Not the kind of guy you would want to be in a fox hole with.
Tom

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

lakerman1 wrote:
Thanks, Tom. I suspect I may be correct.
And if fewer candidates had run in the democratic primary, we might not be burdened with katny hairspray. Another pro-lifer who votes for babykilling, I bet.
She already voted for it twice. Obama for president and Nazi Pelosi (or is that Nancy Blowsme?) for speaker.
Truman Capote

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Is this the same guy who owns the restaurant that all those other names were making fun of his food product? So we have pizza boy and now Spag Boy. This is going to be a real "saucy" campaign.

Since: Oct 08

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Barry Grossman is also very close to William Garvey. If Barry becomes county executive you can guarantee that William Garvey will have a big role and substantial influence on county issues.

Garvey already has a great deal of influence with Mark Divecchio. Don't forget that Divecchio's original community college plan was developed by Garvey, acting as a so-called "volunteer consultant" on the project.

If Grossman wins you can guarantee that Garvey's influence will be even greater than the influence Garvey enjoyes with Mark Divecchio.

I remember when Grossman ran in 2005. He put up a colorful campaign Web site that included a list of his "personal heroes."

Among this esteemed bunch were the following:

Eleanor Roosevelt
Robert Kennedy
Martin Luther King
and WILLIAM GARVEY!

The fact that Grossman would place someone like Garvey on a level with these other great Americans is something that should concern all of us.
Piglips

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Ate at My Scuzzy restaurante the other day. $90 for family, chef boy ar dee sauce. Pukefest. He'll do the same to the county. Jerk.

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

I almost forgot. Thomas Jefferson was another one who Barry placed on the same "heroes" list as Garvey.

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Piglips wrote:
Ate at My Scuzzy restaurante the other day.$90 for family, chef boy ar dee sauce. Pukefest. He'll do the same to the county. Jerk.
Where the heck do people park over there?
mrkihn

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Damn We don't have much of a choice for county exec do we
Cheap Fork

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Listen went to Mi Skunkie other night bad food and cheap food. Hope county not going this way. Buon ap apukie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Erie Forum right now

Search the Erie Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
where are Erie street walkers 3 min bruce 19
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 11 min Pa republic 51,207
Scooter Van Nooter Is A 20 min Urine Man 17
Erie Heroin Epidemic (Mar '11) 29 min bulldog 107
Hillary Clinton - Is She Dying? 40 min Goat Cheese 7
Prep Football Schedule 43 min Goat Cheese 6
The RICH do NOT pay MOST of US TAXES! :O 1 hr Flint Westwood 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Erie Jobs

•••
•••